2016 Schedule

flavum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. Overall. I mean 162 games of baseball with basically the same schedules give or take. Not like I end up going to any of the Sox/Cubs games, but it does lend itself to more excitement to have the games on the weekend. Also starting on the West Coast? I'd like to start in the division. 3 of the first 11 on the road ... But it is what it is. I'll still be there that Opening Day Friday cheering on the team with blinders on, thinking that is the year it turns around. Also will probably be Danks or 5th starter for Opening Day too .... 5th game, no off day before.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
Assuming that Sale starts Opening Day (which he will if he isn't hurt), can we try to map out which games he'll start?

I just want to see how many times he'll have to face the Twins lol.

I think Greinke may get the start for Opening Day. We'll see.

And you can't possibly map out 32 starts right now. Things change.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 04:08 PM)
I think Greinke may get the start for Opening Day. We'll see.

And you can't possibly map out 32 starts right now. Things change.

Also, I'm not really worried about Sale vs. the Twins. The Indians owned him in 2013 even more than the Twins did this year and have done little against him in the two years since (including yesterday).

Just a few observations, hoping they're a contending team next year.

10 of the first 13 on the road, including starting in Oakland. Hopefully that means they stay in Arizona through Saturday, and pair up with the D-backs on some exhibitions.

They don't play the Tigers until June, and play all 19 games in the season series over 85 games total.

Starting the second half on the West coast...that could pose a focus problem. Playing the Angels and Mariners, and immediately come home to face the Tigers, Cubs, and Twins. That's tough stuff.

The final 2 weeks of the season aren't that bad. Phillies and Indians on the road. Rays and Twins at home. Could be worse.

It's not a bad schedule for a team that intends to compete.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
Just a few observations, hoping they're a contending team next year.

10 of the first 13 on the road, including starting in Oakland. Hopefully that means they stay in Arizona through Saturday, and pair up with the D-backs on some exhibitions.

They don't play the Tigers until June, and play all 19 games in the season series over 85 games total.

Starting the second half on the West coast...that could pose a focus problem. Playing the Angels and Mariners, and immediately come home to face the Tigers, Cubs, and Twins. That's tough stuff.

The final 2 weeks of the season aren't that bad. Phillies and Indians on the road. Rays and Twins at home. Could be worse.

It's not a bad schedule for a team that intends to compete.

This all assumes those teams stay relatively the same quality next year. A bunch of teams make big jumps in both directions every season (see the entire AL West, hell almost the entire AL). Regression, injuries, off-years, career years, surprise rookies, a lot can change a year from now.

Edited by OmarComing25

OK, this is, on paper, a reasonable schedule. If Robin is our manager, he better get this team ready to play in the spring training because this is very conducive to a good start.

I know our team can't seem to EVER hop above .500, but here's what should happen in April.

Mon, 4/4 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Win

Tue, 4/5 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Loss

Wed, 4/6 at Athletics 9:05p MLB.TV - Win

Thu, 4/7 at Athletics 2:35p MLB.TV - Loss (2-2 record)

Fri, 4/8 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sat, 4/9 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sun, 4/10 Indians TBD MLB.TV - Win (show some f***ing heard and sweep the Tribe; 5-2 overall record)

Mon, 4/11 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - WIn

Wed, 4/13 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - Loss

Thu, 4/14 at Twins TBD MLB.TV - Loss (Team is 6-4)

Fri, 4/15 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sat, 4/16 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Win

Sun, 4/17 at Rays TBD MLB.TV - Loss (Team is 8-5)!!!

8-5 would be a good start and not have guys like me freaking out.

It actually is a good schedule for a new, veteran manager. I tell u what ... seriously, if Robin goes 5-8 with this easy opening schedule he should be fired. I realize this is a TON of road games early, but s***, sweep that series at home and play decent ball on the road and go 8-5.

• 4 months later...