My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 08:47 AM)
Surprised he's still only 22. Thought he was around 26, but he's been a top prospect since he was 18, so it makes sense. I don't think Montas is enough for him, though.

It really does seem like he's been around forever.

I bet a combo of Montas and Danish would get him. Then Profar could play short and Anderson can slide over to second.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:51 AM)
With the fire sale happening in Atlanta, I wonder what they are planning to do with Freddie Freeman. He would look good in the 3 hole ahead of Abreu.

He would indeed. Not sure he's on the block though....even though I seen something that a rival exec thought they'd go into their new stadium next season with Simmons, Kimbrel and Freeman. 2 of the 3 are now gone.

Freeman is set to make $12 mil next season then $20+ mil for the next 5 seasons.

Edited by SouthSideSale

-Trade Montas and Avi fto Miami for Ozuna and Nick Wittgren- Ozuna is the young, cost controlled OF with pop we need. Wittgren is a former college closer out of Purdue who has continued his success as a closer into AAA this past year. Scouts don't love his stuff to stick at closer, but should still have a long future as a solid reliever.

-Trade Micah Johnson to AZ for Jake Lamb. Arizona has 3 good, young OF's, Goldschmidt, Drury, and Lamb and nowhere to play the expensive Tomas. Moving 1 of these guys for middle infield help makes a lot of sense.

-Trade LaRoche and $5M to Pittsburgh for a C level prospect

-sign Dioner Navarro to platoon with flowers

-Sign Steve Pearce as utility/dh

-Resign Alexei for 2 years and 6 or 7 mil per (didn't want to do this but middle infield really is bare)

Eaton CF

Melky LF

Ozuna RF

Abreu 1B

Pearce DH

Lamb 3B

Alexei SS

Flowers/Navarro C

Sanchez/Saladino 2B

Navarro/Flowers, Sanchez/Saladino, Trayce, and Shuck on the bench

Sale

Q

Rodon

EJ

Danks

Beck

Wittgren

Jennings

Petricka

Duke

Jones

Robertson

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
You'd be fine with delaying the development of Johnson and effectively limiting one, maybe two, FA signings?

We'd all but have to trade Quintana.

Not necessarily. EJ is rumored to be on the trade block anyway and Samardzija could still be traded after he accepted the QO, although the return likely wouldn't be all that great. Still,there would be a few teams interested in trading for a one year commitment of Samardzija that comes with a comp pick when Samardzija enters FA next year so there is still some value in Samardzija even after he accepted the QO.

Imo, he won't accept it but I've been wrong before.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)
Not necessarily. EJ is rumored to be on the trade block anyway and Samardzija could still be traded after he accepted the QO, although the return likely wouldn't be all that great. Still,there would be a few teams interested in trading for a one year commitment of Samardzija that comes with a comp pick when Samardzija enters FA next year so there is still some value in Samardzija even after he accepted the QO.

Highly doubt he accepts it. With the rumors of teams interested and I'm sure alot of teams are probably blaming the defense around him this year for some of the crappy stats he will decline

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 11:03 AM)

Are you sure about this? He is currently a free agent, so I don't know if thats true.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 11:58 AM)
If you are that worried about Erik Johnson, you are overrating him.,

I'll take EJ over Shark next year no problem. I think EJ is going to surprise some people. Not saying Cy Young or anything obviously, but I can definitely see him giving us 200 innings of 3.8-4.2ish era production next year.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 09:20 AM)
This.

Saladino can be just as good as Aybar for the minimum salary.

Some of you are delusional. Aybar has consistently been an above average shortstop and now you are saying Saladino can be as good. Please. Saladino is most likely a solid utility guy but to take the leap to being better then Aybar, one of the better shortstops in the game, come on.

I am not saying we should trade for Aybar, but I'm also not delusional to think that Saladino is better. I think Aybar is a good player and would make the Sox a better team, that said, he's older and I am not sure strategically where the Sox are headed this year (contention vs. rebuild).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
Some of you are delusional. Aybar has consistently been an above average shortstop and now you are saying Saladino can be as good. Please. Saladino is most likely a solid utility guy but to take the leap to being better then Aybar, one of the better shortstops in the game, come on.

I am not saying we should trade for Aybar, but I'm also not delusional to think that Saladino is better. I think Aybar is a good player and would make the Sox a better team, that said, he's older and I am not sure strategically where the Sox are headed this year (contention vs. rebuild).

Aybar hit .270 with 3 homers and 44 RBI last year.

Give Saladino the same amount of at-bats that Aybar had last year and he'd definitely hit more homers and drive in more runs. I doubt his average would be as good, but Saladino is a solid player nonetheless. He's also younger and cheaper.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)

I think Saladino can put up a 639 OPS with better defense at SS than Aybar

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
I'll take EJ over Shark next year no problem. I think EJ is going to surprise some people. Not saying Cy Young or anything obviously, but I can definitely see him giving us 200 innings of 3.8-4.2ish era production next year.

I see him as a back end starter. 180-200 IP, but more in the 4.25 to 4.75 range.