My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 05:46 PM)
Do any of the posters who mention season ticket sales have season tickets or ever had season tickets?

I think if not, you should know the most expensive seats will always be sold. The mass exodus usually will be the people in the corners paying $140 for a weekend plan. So as much as you want and some hope when the season ticket base drops 10 or 20 percent, that the ticket sales total number drops that much, you are way off base. Last years model inspired some ticket sales. If they have a good off season they will inspire more. Not from people who aren't going to buy no matter what, but the majority of season ticketholders like the way they are treated by the team.

you have a point. i may have always have a different opinion on season tickets. i was a season ticket holder for close to 10 yrs and my pov is warped b.c of that experience... i guess.

but even if that is not the case, the weekend pkg should be affected in a positive growth.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)
White Sox have declined option on SS Alexei Ramirez. Just announced by the team. They instead exercise $1 million buyout.

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/661967111401639936

Doesn't surprise me. I would imagine they tried to get him back cheaper, and still may, but it may be time to get smarter at that position. He's been a really good player and performed very well. I do question his baseball IQ.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:32 PM)
Does anyone have Kenny Williams' quotes from today? He basically said offseason plan isn't in place yet but it's up to Hahn. So now Kenny isn't running everything? I guess Rick finally graduated.

How the $&@? Can you not have the beginnings of a plan in your mind on September 1st?

If they were really parting ways with Ramirez, either Saladino or Sanchez should have been given a one month audition...because we all know how reliable spring training is.

Forgetting about the expanded rosters and the bloated impact on offensive numbers, we would at least have more certainty about how well they would fare at that level defensively.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
How the $&@? Can you not have the beginnings of a plan in your mind on September 1st?

If they were really parting ways with Ramirez, either Saladino or Sanchez should have been given a one month audition...because we all know how reliable spring training is.

Forgetting about the expanded rosters and the bloated impact on offensive numbers, we would at least have more certainty about how well they would fare at that level defensively.

wow.... i really never thought of this, this way.

We’ve only had preliminary discussions about direction this offseason,” said executive vice president Kenny Williams. “Rick (Hahn) has to survey the landscape at the GM meetings and I’m sure once he’s comfortable will present Jerry (Reinsdorf) and I with his ideas. It’s not for me to comment on Alexei one way or another right now other than to sing his praises for what he’s done in a Sox uniform from the first day he put the hat on.”

He has a grammatical error in this statement. It should be Jerry and me, not Jerry and I. Give me a gold star.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)

We also know how reliable September meaningless games have been, don't we.. cough Josh Fields, cough Jerry Owens, cough Brent Morel. I'm pretty sure the Sox know what Saladino can do defensively at SS. He's been in the organization for several years.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:42 PM)
We’ve only had preliminary discussions about direction this offseason,” said executive vice president Kenny Williams. “Rick (Hahn) has to survey the landscape at the GM meetings and I’m sure once he’s comfortable will present Jerry (Reinsdorf) and I with his ideas. It’s not for me to comment on Alexei one way or another right now other than to sing his praises for what he’s done in a Sox uniform from the first day he put the hat on.”

He has a grammatical error in this statement. It should be Jerry and me, not Jerry and I. Give me a gold star.

Holy f*** I hope he is not serious.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
Holy f*** I hope he is not serious.

I think this is what most teams do. You really can only have preliminary discussions. Then he finds out what's available at what cost, he probably has a little idea who's available from the trade deadline. It's really not all that shocking. You have to be flexible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
I think this is what most teams do. You really can only have preliminary discussions. Then he finds out what's available at what cost, he probably has a little idea who's available from the trade deadline. It's really not all that shocking. You have to be flexible.

Plus...the market will move. You have no idea what is going to happen at this point. All you have a is a list of potential options and scenarios and probably have ranked things by buckets.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
anyway here's my suggestion, which is sure to be met with applause! (Or not).

Trade Eaton and Melky to the Padres for Norris, Solarte, Ross and a prospect.

Trade Q to Redsox for Bradley JR, Chtistian Vasquez and prospects.

2 holes plugged (albeit no better than plugged) and a killer OF defense with 2 guys who can cover ground and Avi's arm.

Need to add a power bat, although I don't know what to do about Laroche.

Could eve re-sign Alexei at half price now that the other 2 clowns are gone. Saladino the utility guy.

You might as well trade Abreu and Sale while you're at it.

LF Bradley Jr

3B Solarte

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

RF Garcia

CF Thompson

C Norris

SS Ramirez

2B Sanchez

Sale

Ross

Rodon

Johnson

Danks

This team will lose more than this years team.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 09:39 AM)

2 holes plugged (albeit no better than plugged) and a killer OF defense with 2 guys who can cover ground and Avi's arm.

Could eve re-sign Alexei at half price now that the other 2 clowns are gone. Saladino the utility guy.

When you have multiple holes to fill, why would you trade for 2 catchers???

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 13m13 minutes ago

Sources: #Rockies’ Nolan Arenado changing agents, from Scott Boras to Joel Wolfe and Nick Chanock of Wasserman Media Group.

The only guy I would trade Q for just dropped Scott Boras as his agent....

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)

Sources: #Rockies’ Nolan Arenado changing agents, from Scott Boras to Joel Wolfe and Nick Chanock of Wasserman Media Group.

That's interesting and big. I'd go all in for him. He's the type of guy I could see us moving Q for.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)

Usually that happens if a guy DOESN'T want to leave somewhere.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 02:39 PM)

i need to say, i usually try to stay out of this type of post, well b/c i really do not like the fantasy type of dreams. but there is a fine line of some unrealistic ideas and not. many will probably say my ideas may be more unrealistic as all combine.

but i was thinking of

trying to swing a trade with Pitt but the uncertainty of Pedro Alvarez being left off the team or not is or will pose as a problem.

but trade for Pedro Alvarez, Clay Holmes

the sox trade laroche, Beck, Thad Lowry and the sox give 2-3 mil toward laroche contract.

with stl.. it will all depend on Jason Heyward and if stl resigns him.

trade from the sox Melky Cabrera, Rodon, Montas

the cards trade Jack Flaherty, Harrison Bader, c-Mike Ohlman, Paul DeJong, Luke Weaver or Sandy Alcantara

lastly approach yanks to see if they would trade

c-Gary Sanchez, Slade Heathcott, or Dustin Fowler

sox will trade

Danish, EJ and Sanburn

edit.... oops i forgot i would like for the sox to get Price and Marco Estrada

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
Ok guys we're not getting Arenado.

I think we end up signing Freese who wouldn't be a bad pickup.

I agree about Arenado, but completely disagree on Freese. We need significant upgrades at several positions if we want to compete next year and 3B is perhaps our biggest opportunity spot. Having said that, Freese is a moderate upgrade at best. Might as well give Saladino a look if the alternative is a 34 year old free agent with 2 WAR upside.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 4, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
I agree about Arenado, but completely disagree on Freese. We need significant upgrades at several positions if we want to compete next year and 3B is perhaps our biggest opportunity spot. Having said that, Freese is a moderate upgrade at best. Might as well give Saladino a look if the alternative is a 34 year old free agent with 2 WAR upside.

Then I guess we're dealing Quintana otherwise we aren't getting a significant upgrade. My idea of having Freese keeps our pitching staff intact which it won't be if we upgrade significantly at multiple spots.

Edited by soxfan2014