My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
Really, we're already complaining about no moves being made yet?

Complaining that the President of Baseball Ops said he is working on a plan like it is a 5th grade science fair project.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
Complaining that the President of Baseball Ops said he is working on a plan like it is a 5th grade science fair project.

If you read that statement as we have no plans at all for this off-season, and eventually we will get together and make one, I can't see a worse way to read that. The common sense way to read that is they are seeing who all is available this winter to decide what their top priorities are.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 12:39 PM)
Thanks. All I could find is that his contract expired after 2015, but I thought we had control of him.

Sure thing. I'm happy as hell the Sox have Shuck as the fourth outfielder.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
Freese is one of my mock targets

Any idea how much Freese will get per year in his next contract?

It's been said that 1WAR is worth something like 6-8M and Freese put up a 2.3 in '15.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
Brad Miller changing uniforms while Kenny and Rick are still in the preliminary stages of their offseason plan....

I like Miller's bat but the guy is just plain bad on defense at SS. I'm glad the Sox didn't go after him.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Yeah I'd rather sign Freese than trading for someone else giving up significant pieces.

If they were to give him $30-35 million guaranteed for two years (and some in the WAR crowd would justify it, surely), there wouldn't be much joy in Mudville.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
If they were to give him $30-35 million guaranteed for two years (and some in the WAR crowd would justify it, surely), there wouldn't be much joy in Mudville.

You're really out of touch if you think David Freese will get $15/year, let alone $17 MM.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)

I truly hope no one on this site would try to justify that contract, as it would be a horrible use of resources. Doesn't really matter though, because he's not getting an AAV of more than $10M and will only get that or close to it because of a lack of alternatives in the marketplace.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 04:45 PM)
I think Dierkes has been drinking Cameron's booze. Have a look. :lol:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/11/2015...redictions.html

If Freese can be had for 10M per year then I say go for it. But Kendrick, Freese and Cabrera in one off season? I doubt that very much.

I'd be fin with 3/30 for Freese. I want no part of Cabrera or Kendrick though. I'd rather sign Avila for cheaper and bring back Alexei.

QUOTE (daggins @ Nov 5, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Well, Brad Miller is off the table. Rays got him for Karns.

Let the Hot Stove officially begin!

well s***. Apparently Millers value was that of a 28 year old right handed 5th starter, with some years of control left.

Wow, can't believe how many people here would actually want 34 year old, 2 WAR David Freese, let alone give him a 3 year deal. We need MASSIVE upgrades at multiple spots if we want to compete in the near future. Locking in at best average and quite possibly below average production at one of our best spots to improve is absolutely mind-boggling IMO. Quite frankly, I'd rather resign Alexei to play SS for like $6M and go all glove at 3B with Saladino than go more than one year with Freese.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
Wow, can't believe how many people here would actually want 34 year old, 2 WAR David Freese, let alone give him a 3 year deal. We need MASSIVE upgrades at multiple spots if we want to compete in the near future. Locking in at best average and quite possibly below average production at one of our best spots to improve is absolutely mind-boggling IMO. Quite frankly, I'd rather resign Alexei to play SS for like $6M and go all glove at 3B with Saladino than go more than one year with Freese.

For me he's a bridge to Trey at third.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)

I like Trey a lot but I don't think it would be wise to pencil him in anywhere till after he debuts at AA.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
I'd be fin with 3/30 for Freese. I want no part of Cabrera or Kendrick though. I'd rather sign Avila for cheaper and bring back Alexei.

Agree with everything you say. The Sox could potentially have a few bucks left to sign a pitcher like Beachy to give the starting rotation more depth.

I was fine with the idea of Cabrera but I think he's going to get more than 2/18MM given his age and defense. I think he gets 12M+ per year.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 05:11 PM)

Trey is a nice prospect, but not a guy we can count on being the long-term answer at a position of need. He shouldn't prevent us from exploring other long-term alternatives and he's definitely not good enough for us to settle with a stopgap type like Freese for the next three years.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 6, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
I like Trey a lot but I don't think it would be wise to pencil him in anywhere till after he debuts at AA.

i know what you mean and i totally agree.

i was hedging a little while ago and talk about walking into an infernal with many just blindly praising him.

i truly hope he develops i really do, but unless he can't bring up his avg to close to a 300 range, i really can't see him making it.

i am pulling for him.