My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 06:34 PM)
This is entirely dependent on whether or not the Rockies think they are are in their championship window right now, or in a couple years. They just traded Tulo, Reyes is under a lot of fire with the law right now, they have been rumored to be trading Cargo for a while now. If they aren't ready to win now, then they may as well dump their biggest asset for a #1 starter if they have a guy to replace that asset in 2 years anyway. Not that McMahon will be as good as Arenado, but they Q is under team control longer than Arenado, and will be cheaper than Arenado once Nolan hits arb. And Q in the NL would likely improve his value in the event they decide to trade him again in 2 or 3 years anyway. I don't necessarily think this trade lines up perfectly, but I can see the rationale behind the Rockies doing it. If you think this is a video game trade, then it's clearly because you undervalue Quintana immensely. He's a top 15-20 starter.

you do make a good point. it is now vs several yrs from now.

interesting.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)
But we also don't need to be raped.

C'mon man.

Anyway, my first reaction was that was an overpay. Lucroy was an MVP candidate just one year ago and did play hurt in 2015, it's not like he's over the hill. That's somebody who might require Fulmer.

If Lucroy had one or two more years of control it'd be fair.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
GM Meetings version:

-Extend Samardzija QO, he rejects it

-Decline Alexei's option

-Resign Albers

-Sign Nobuhiro Matsuda to 3 yr, $36 MM deal

-Trade Fulmer, Danish, Trey, and low level arm for Jonathan Lucroy

CF Eaton

C Lucroy

1B Abreu

DH LaRoche

LF Cabrera

3B Matsuda

RF Thompson

2B Sanchez

SS Saladino

BE A. Garcia

BE Flowers

BE Johnson

BE L. Garcia

SP Sale

SP Quintana

SP Rodon

SP Johnson

SP Danks

CL Robertson

SU Jones

SU Montas

RP Duke

RP Petricka

RP Turner

RP Albers

Anderson comes up and takes over at SS as soon as he's ready, Saladino takes Leury's utility spot on the bench.

steep prices .... wow

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:37 PM)
Some very sensitive folks in this thread. I'm glad nobody watches football with me......

It isn't that hard to find a different way to express the same point. Not worth getting into it any further here.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
We'll make a compromise, those who were offended will let it go and in return you promise never to make some out-of-this-earth mock trade for Arenado. It's not happening. Let it go.

Fine but I'm not the only one bringing up Arenado. After all, in my mock, I had us trading for Puig. So I never had to let it go because I was never pounding the table.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
I'm just part of a Chiefs forum that's no holds barred. Common phrases like that. my mistake that you were offended. Thicken your skin. It's an online message board.

Please don't tell us what to do or how to feel. Some of us are offended by words. I myself really don't like to hear or read the word r__e. To me it's a very violent sickening word.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 02:05 PM)
I'm just part of a Chiefs forum that's no holds barred. Common phrases like that. my mistake that you were offended. Thicken your skin. It's an online message board.

It is an on-line message board, but it does at least attempt to have some common decency and consideration for people other than yourself. It is a term most people would prefer to not see used that way. As large as the English language is there are hundreds of ways to describe winning a trade, so that "rape" doesn't need to be one of them.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 02:06 PM)
You're overly sensitive. Lighten up Francis.

Kinda become sensitive when someone in your life is affected by it. Just think a little bit about things you say.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
I don't know what pounding the table is but search "Arenado" in the query at the bottom left of this page. You brought up/endorsed trading for Arendao six times in this thread alone.

I've brought him because that's the type of player Q needs to be dealt for if he's dealt. So again I don't need to let it go because I'm not going crazy demanding we trade for him.

Couple of thoughts:

- after Lucroy's major concussion this year, I wouldn't give up much for him. He's one more concussion away from never catching again.

- why would the Rockies want Q or Sale in an Arenado trade? If they give up Arenado, they're not trying to compete for the remainder of Q/Sale's contract. If the Sox wanted Arenado, it would have to be a 3-way trade with a team like the Red Sox.

Moving on...Let's talk about the Astros and the abundance of talent that we could use.

Some guys I could see them giving up that interest me....

OF-

Preston Tucker- Probably never going to be an all-star but he was a very successful college player and has a .294/.363/.503 triple slash in the minors since '12 and hit 13 HR's and a .734 OPS in his 1st 320 PA's in the majors. 25 year old LH corner OF with a little experience at 1B as well

LJ Hoes- Another guy that has some flaws and probably won't ever be great, but he's another 25 year old who was a fairly high pick who has extended success in the high minors....299/.388/.399 over 1300 PA's in AAA. Above average speed with 26 steals in AAA this year. Has played all 3 OF positions after being converted from a 2B earl in his career.

Derek Fisher- Comp round pick in '14 after leading Virginia to the CWS. Has a very smooth left handed swing that should carry him, but also has + speed. Slashed .275/.364 /.483 with 22 home runs this year in his 1st full season of pro ball across A and A+

INF-

Colin Moran(3B)- Former 6th overall pick that Miami curiously traded. His power still hasn't showed up but he keeps making good contact and getting on base. .306/.381/.459 at AA this year.

JD Davis(3B)- 3rd round pick in '14 as a 2 way player out of Cal State Fulerton. Astros made him a hitter and he's settled in nicely as a 3B hitting .289/.370/.520 with 26 HR's in A+. Great athlete with a real nice swing that should have no problem translating at any level

Pitchers-

Michael Feliz- Failed a drug test coming out of the DR and the Astros scooped him up and he's been great ever since. Saw some inning in the majors this year after dominating in the minors. A 6'4 225 lb righty with a fastball in the mid 90's and a power slider.

Joe Musgrove- Another big righty at 6'5 255 with a mid 90's fastball. 1.88 across 100 minor league innings this year ending in AA.

So yeah, how do we get a package going from the Astros? They could definitely use Q after Kazmir walks....Tucker, Moran, Feliz, and fisher for Q? Maybe too much to ask for?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
I bet the Cardinals could use Q now that Lynn is on the shelf for all of 2016.

The package would have to start with Stephen Piscotty IMO. He's going to be a star.

I just don't see the Cardinals giving up a big package of prospects for 1 player...just not their style. They'll just find another guy out of nowhere to do great for them. They seem to do it every year without making big splashes.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Moving on...Let's talk about the Astros and the abundance of talent that we could use.

Some guys I could see them giving up that interest me....

OF-

Preston Tucker- Probably never going to be an all-star but he was a very successful college player and has a .294/.363/.503 triple slash in the minors since '12 and hit 13 HR's and a .734 OPS in his 1st 320 PA's in the majors. 25 year old LH corner OF with a little experience at 1B as well

LJ Hoes- Another guy that has some flaws and probably won't ever be great, but he's another 25 year old who was a fairly high pick who has extended success in the high minors....299/.388/.399 over 1300 PA's in AAA. Above average speed with 26 steals in AAA this year. Has played all 3 OF positions after being converted from a 2B earl in his career.

Derek Fisher- Comp round pick in '14 after leading Virginia to the CWS. Has a very smooth left handed swing that should carry him, but also has + speed. Slashed .275/.364 /.483 with 22 home runs this year in his 1st full season of pro ball across A and A+

INF-

Colin Moran(3B)- Former 6th overall pick that Miami curiously traded. His power still hasn't showed up but he keeps making good contact and getting on base. .306/.381/.459 at AA this year.

JD Davis(3B)- 3rd round pick in '14 as a 2 way player out of Cal State Fulerton. Astros made him a hitter and he's settled in nicely as a 3B hitting .289/.370/.520 with 26 HR's in A+. Great athlete with a real nice swing that should have no problem translating at any level

Pitchers-

Michael Feliz- Failed a drug test coming out of the DR and the Astros scooped him up and he's been great ever since. Saw some inning in the majors this year after dominating in the minors. A 6'4 225 lb righty with a fastball in the mid 90's and a power slider.

Joe Musgrove- Another big righty at 6'5 255 with a mid 90's fastball. 1.88 across 100 minor league innings this year ending in AA.

So yeah, how do we get a package going from the Astros? They could definitely use Q after Kazmir walks....Tucker, Moran, Feliz, and fisher for Q? Maybe too much to ask for?

Good research on your part and I'm glad to see you mention Musgrove who fits the profile the sox would like in a pitcher.Only player you missed was AJ Reed, a big power hitting 1B that I'm sure the Sox would desire. Nice job.