9/9 Winston-Salem Playoffs

flavum

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
I wonder if the Sox will keep Fulmer limited to three innings or possibly allow an extra inning or two if Fulmer is pitching well.

Going to be following this game on line tonight.

another interesting thing with Fulmer, i am wondering if the sox will bring up Fulmer next yr. pretty much as they did with Rodon. the thing is i see Rodon further along in his development than Fulmer, i am really impress with the way the sox worked his innings and i am sure working with coop.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
I wonder if the Sox will keep Fulmer limited to three innings or possibly allow an extra inning or two if Fulmer is pitching well.

Going to be following this game on line tonight.

They will probably do what they've been doing - tandem innings with Clark. That duo has been deadly too. I'd suspect we get 2-3 innings from Fulmer, then 4-6 from Clark.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
another interesting thing with Fulmer, i am wondering if the sox will bring up Fulmer next yr. pretty much as they did with Rodon. the thing is i see Rodon further along in his development than Fulmer, i am really impress with the way the sox worked his innings and i am sure working with coop.

I agree that Rodon is a bit further along. Personally, I'd like to see Fulmer spend more time in the minors next year and let Fulmer himself dictate when he's ready. However, who am I to question the Sox and the way they develop pitching? I thought the same thing this year about Rodon but the Sox saw something and he has improved vastly since the start of the season.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
They will probably do what they've been doing - tandem innings with Clark. That duo has been deadly too. I'd suspect we get 2-3 innings from Fulmer, then 4-6 from Clark.

Yes, they have been deadly and very fun to follow. No doubt the Sox really have a keen eye for pitching talent. They know it when they see it.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
How does Clark rate as a prospect?

Has a FB that runs to mid-90s, though JJ Cooper (BA) called it fringe AVG in today's game (may be tiring as he adds innings). Good slider, strong command of all his pitches. Works quick from what I saw today. He's been on fire since like July, and this is a guy who skipped a level. He's also been improving as he increases innings loads. He's a prospect - not a real high end one, but a prospect.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)
Personally, I'd like to see Fulmer spend more time in the minors next year and let Fulmer himself dictate when he's ready. However, who am I to question the Sox and the way they develop pitching? I thought the same thing this year about Rodon but the Sox saw something and he has improved vastly since the start of the season.

Fulmer has a rough delivery. Rodon didn't. It looks like they're taking their time trying to smooth it out. Great move. Should be ready for 2017. No need to rush him up, esp. if Hahn is allowed to rebuild this team a bit.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Fulmer has a rough delivery. Rodon didn't. It looks like they're taking their time trying to smooth it out. Great move. Should be ready for 2017. No need to rush him up, esp. if Hahn is allowed to rebuild this team a bit.

Good point on Fulmer's delivery. 2017 is what I'm hoping too. This is why I like the idea of Danks pitching for the Sox in 2016, to bridge the gap to Fulmer.

2016: Sale, Rodon, Q, EJ, Danks

2017: Sale, Rodon, Q, EJ, Fulmer

I like the the future of the Sox rotation. :)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 11:49 PM)
Good point on Fulmer's delivery. 2017 is what I'm hoping too. This is why I like the idea of Danks pitching for the Sox in 2016, to bridge the gap to Fulmer.

2016: Sale, Rodon, Q, EJ, Danks

2017: Sale, Rodon, Q, EJ, Fulmer

I like the the future of the Sox rotation. :)

And that's with Montas, Danish, Adams, Guerrero, Beck and Jaye in the wings. Then the possibilities of Erwin and Hickman from this years draft.

Now to start trading some of it for hitting.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 04:58 AM)
And that's with Montas, Danish, Adams, Guerrero, Beck and Jaye in the wings. Then the possibilities of Erwin and Hickman from this years draft.

hitting and positional players are really needed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)
Glad to see JJ cooper did comment on sox players, when i followed it on twitter seemed like it was all comments on cubs prospects.

He talked about Fulmer, Michalczewsi and Alvarez, all unprompted. The Clark bit was because we (FS) asked about him. Josh Norris from BA was there too, commented on some of the same guys.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
He talked about Fulmer, Michalczewsi and Alvarez, all unprompted. The Clark bit was because we (FS) asked about him. Josh Norris from BA was there too, commented on some of the same guys.

excellent can't wait to see the comments made

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 10, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)

Cooper also commented that Underwood (Cubs Pitcher) looked nasty and the Dash just hit some good pitches. So that's nice to hear.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 9, 2015 -> 11:58 PM)

Amen Q! Let's not forget about Clark and Almonte. ;)

I agree, its time to start trading for some hitting. My problem is that I've become a big fan of Adams,Guerrero, Almonte and Clark. But if any of them need to be traded to help the future of the Sox then so be it.

Edited by BlackSox13