Levine: Ozzie deserves to manage again

southsider2k5

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that say he quit slay me. How come that is never mentioned in the media? Cause it's stupid. The Sox wanted him gone and he quickly negotiated a deal. This is big-boy sports. The White Sox did not want him. They chose KW. He bolted. So who cares?? Seriously. This quitting thing baffles me. I've NEVER seen it mentioned in the media.

The only thing they mentioned is the hatred of Ozzie/Kenny and all the non-PC stuff Ozzie said to the press. Quitting? That team quit on Ozzie and he merely left. None of you wanted him back for the final year on his deal, anyway. He did you all a favor. Who cares if he quit with a week to go and why is that NEVER mentioned in the media?? Cause it's a non issue to most.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 07:59 PM)
Rumor has it Hahn still likes him.

That was a Marty rumor. It seems to have been torched by Ozzie Jr. slamming Hahn and his lack of playing experience a month or so ago. Ozzie isn't going to manage the White Sox again.

That Ozzie Jr. stuff was strange. Usually he is the one offspring who sort of stays out of stuff. Not only did he rip Hahn, he praised KW.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 12:54 AM)
People that say he quit slay me. How come that is never mentioned in the media? Cause it's stupid. The Sox wanted him gone and he quickly negotiated a deal. This is big-boy sports. The White Sox did not want him. They chose KW. He bolted. So who cares?? Seriously. This quitting thing baffles me. I've NEVER seen it mentioned in the media.

The only thing they mentioned is the hatred of Ozzie/Kenny and all the non-PC stuff Ozzie said to the press. Quitting? That team quit on Ozzie and he merely left. None of you wanted him back for the final year on his deal, anyway. He did you all a favor. Who cares if he quit with a week to go and why is that NEVER mentioned in the media?? Cause it's a non issue to most.

dont let the truth get in the way of a good agenda

One thing people forget with Ozzie, the White Sox don't want to deal with Oney Guillen tweets anymore. That is part of hiring Ozzie. You get that crap. It gets picked up by websites and suddenly, if everything isn't perfect, your manager's son is constantly ripping your team, and it is everywhere, for everyone to see.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 12:54 AM)

ESPN link

so the talkative, sometimes outrageous and always colorful manager asked to be released from his current contract.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 01:54 AM)

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7023269/...equest-released

If you ask to leave a job while still under contract, you're quitting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 07:44 AM)
One thing people forget with Ozzie, the White Sox don't want to deal with Oney Guillen tweets anymore. That is part of hiring Ozzie. You get that crap. It gets picked up by websites and suddenly, if everything isn't perfect, your manager's son is constantly ripping your team, and it is everywhere, for everyone to see.

This. Ozzie will never get a managerial job again because of it. What kind of idiot lets his kids publicly slander their company and bosses CONSTANTLY? The man is a piece of garbage.