Levine: Ozzie deserves to manage again

southsider2k5

I wish Ozzie well and appreciate 2005 but I do not miss him, his kids or the circus side show attraction that came with the Guillen family. I hope for Ozzie's sake that if he does get another opportunity, he focuses on his team and tells his kids to STFU.

I do miss Ozzie's humor as I found him to be quite funny.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
But why don't the media bring it up NOW? Cause it's no big deal!

Let's face it, we NEVER got a big negative media push back on Ozzie because they loved the guy. He made their jobs easy, he gave them quotes, he talked to them. The fact that you have had more than one reporter writing "Ozzie should manage again" articles written in the span of this summer is just ridiculous. No other coach/manager in Chicago has ever gotten this kind of slobbering done to them. It is ridiculous that this part of the story never gets talked about in the media.

The guy publicly challenged his bosses, lost the challenge, and then quit on his team. Yet, outside of the days that happened, it is never mentioned when we get these Ozzie wants a job articles.

Blah.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 14, 2015 -> 11:54 PM)
People that say he quit slay me. How come that is never mentioned in the media? Cause it's stupid. The Sox wanted him gone and he quickly negotiated a deal. This is big-boy sports. The White Sox did not want him. They chose KW. He bolted. So who cares?? Seriously. This quitting thing baffles me. I've NEVER seen it mentioned in the media.

The only thing they mentioned is the hatred of Ozzie/Kenny and all the non-PC stuff Ozzie said to the press. Quitting? That team quit on Ozzie and he merely left. None of you wanted him back for the final year on his deal, anyway. He did you all a favor. Who cares if he quit with a week to go and why is that NEVER mentioned in the media?? Cause it's a non issue to most.

Um.

https://www.google.com/search?q=ozzie+guill...+on%22+the+team

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 10:59 AM)
Let's face it, we NEVER got a big negative media push back on Ozzie because they loved the guy. He made their jobs easy, he gave them quotes, he talked to them. The fact that you have had more than one reporter writing "Ozzie should manage again" articles written in the span of this summer is just ridiculous. No other coach/manager in Chicago has ever gotten this kind of slobbering done to them. It is ridiculous that this part of the story never gets talked about in the media.

The guy publicly challenged his bosses, lost the challenge, and then quit on his team. Yet, outside of the days that happened, it is never mentioned when we get these Ozzie wants a job articles.

Blah.

Winning a world series championship and making the playoffs twice in your run as a manager while posting a .524 record during that span is probably why he gets the benefit of the doubt (on top of his overall friendly relationship with the media). Ozzie did a lot of right but when it ended, it ended big time. Only way I see it happening is if Kenny is gone and you know what, if Ozzie has matured from it, you could do a lot worse. 4 out of the 8 years he won 88 games or more and that would basically be good for at least one of the wild card spots in the new era. Under .500 in 3 seasons, however, 2 of those 3 seasons the team was just 4 games under .500 while the other season the team was pretty bad (18 games under).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 04:42 PM)
Winning a world series championship and making the playoffs twice in your run as a manager while posting a .524 record during that span is probably why he gets the benefit of the doubt (on top of his overall friendly relationship with the media). Ozzie did a lot of right but when it ended, it ended big time. Only way I see it happening is if Kenny is gone and you know what, if Ozzie has matured from it, you could do a lot worse. 4 out of the 8 years he won 88 games or more and that would basically be good for at least one of the wild card spots in the new era. Under .500 in 3 seasons, however, 2 of those 3 seasons the team was just 4 games under .500 while the other season the team was pretty bad (18 games under).

His sons are still talking smack about the White Sox in recent months aren't they? Such that if you're looking for evidence the answer is "no" it's available?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
And yet everyone who "knows" this still spends their time to come and complain about it. It is the definition of insanity.

If you are going to be an administrator of a professional sports team fan message board, and said professional sports team continues to fail as often as the team this board is dedicated to does, then you shouldn't be surprised at the amount of complaints that result.

What do you expect from fans after this abysmal season, the three of four before this one, and almost the past entire decade? Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everywhere? Complaining comes with the territory on a site like this when passionate fans are continually and rightfully disappointed with the product they support, particularly the one of this past decade.

The insanity here is not recognizing that and constantly castigating those who communicate their disappointment over these less-than-desirable results which have come our way for an awful long time now.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
If you are going to be an administrator of a professional sports team fan message board, and said professional sports team continues to fail as often as the team this board is dedicated to does, then you shouldn't be surprised at the amount of complaints that result. What do you expect from fans after this abysmal season, the three of four before this one, and almost the past entire decade? Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everywhere? Complaining comes with the territory on a site like this when passionate fans are continually and rightfully disappointed with the product they support. The insanity here is not recognizing that and constantly castigating those who communicate this disappointment.

Post of the week.

If you are going to be an administrator of a professional sports team fan message board, and said professional sports team continues to fail as often as the team this board is dedicated to does, then you shouldn't be surprised at the amount of complaints that result.

What do you expect from fans after this abysmal season, the three of four before this one, and almost the past entire decade? Sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows everywhere? Complaining comes with the territory on a site like this when passionate fans are continually and rightfully disappointed with the product they support, particularly the one of this past decade.

The insanity here is not recognizing that and constantly castigating those who communicate their disappointment over these less-than-desirable results which have come our way for an awful long time now.

The irony is that you are basically preaching about the team doing the same thing over and over again, and here you are doing the exact same thing over and over again. I'd honestly think if something was so completely awful, and you knew it was going to be so bad, that you wouldn't get yourself all worked up and angry about it... maybe you'd find something that you actually got some positive utility from? To me, it just sounds like some people enjoy the misery. I'd hope people would see that and try something that actually made them happy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 07:02 AM)
The irony is that you are basically preaching about the team doing the same thing over and over again, and here you are doing the exact same thing over and over again. I'd honestly think if something was so completely awful, and you knew it was going to be so bad, that you wouldn't get yourself all worked up and angry about it... maybe you'd find something that you actually got some positive utility from? To me, it just sounds like some people enjoy the misery. I'd hope people would see that and try something that actually made them happy.

The team winning would make me happy...but I don't have much control over that.

Didn't you post you were ready to give up your fandom earlier this year? If this is so miserable for you, why don't you put your money where your mouth is and give it up? Unless you like to b**** and moan, which a lot of people do, it makes no sense sticking with something that makes you so miserable. If you go to a restaurant and you think the chef is bad, the owner is an idiot, the food is terrible, do you keep going so you can complain about it on Yelp?

After the team won the World Series, Ozzie thought he could walk on water. He thought everything was about him. Look at what I did as a 2nd year manager, I won the World Series. I am not sure if he should be the manager of the WS again but he would definatly be an improvement over Ventura. Ventura is way over his head. Just look at how many times he has LaRoche in the lineup. He has become almost an automatic out which means you only have 8 batting. I have seen so many base running blunders over the past several seasons and that is on Ventura. He refuses to address the issue. Bottom line, Ventura needs to go if the WS plan on once again being a contender. If not, look on the bright side, There's always reruns on tv.

QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
It takes me about 2 hours to get to a Sox game, each way. Why would I want to spend all that time and money going to watch lousy baseball when I can go to the local park and watch kids play and having fun. I have no desire to go.

So don't go. That's your right. Do whatever you want. I prefer watching professionals but do whatever you'd like.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 15, 2015 -> 11:08 PM)
We should do a mini poll. Who would you rather have manage the Sox next year if these were the only choices: Robin or Ozzie or Bevington?

I'd take ... OZZIE!

lets do a poll, which piece of crap smells the worst? everyone else can go first, im good

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
So don't go. That's your right. Do whatever you want. I prefer watching professionals but do whatever you'd like.

Thanks. I'm glad I have your permission to do whatever I want. I was worried and not sleeping because I didnot have your permission.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

QUOTE (Coach @ Sep 16, 2015 -> 09:03 AM)
Thanks. I'm glad I have your permission to do whatever I want. I was worried and not sleeping because I didnot have your permission.

This post has been edited by the Soxtalk staff to remove objectionable material. Soxtalk encourages a free discussion between its members, but does not allow personal attacks, threats, graphic sexual material, nudity, or any other materials judged offensive by the Administrators and Moderators. Thank you.

Man I never saw the response. Can anyone send it to me?