Not stopping at a stop sign? Really police?

greg775

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 05:22 PM)
Most workers in America can only dream of eye and dental insurance.

Luckily, as a teacher we had both, but of course now teachers' unions are also under fire for fighting for benefits for their workers so that eventually will be cut out as well.

Just have a baby in China. As long as you are married, it only costs about $500-1000. Of course, you have to marry a Chinese woman. If you aren't married, the woman or couple bear all the costs...even for future pre K - 12 education, since the child doesn't exist technically and can't attend a government school. Hence, the only single moms are rich celebrities.

Uhhh

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 02:03 AM)
Why are you stopping and counting to 3 every time? Just stop...and then go...You dont have to sit there for 3 seconds.

Three seconds is a complete stop. I'm amazed at how 'nobody' comes to a complete stop but me now in this town. It's pretty insane. I just wish the cop was honest with me. "I could let you off, bub, but it's the end of the month, start of a new month and you know what I'm talking about."

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Three seconds is a complete stop. I'm amazed at how 'nobody' comes to a complete stop but me now in this town. It's pretty insane. I just wish the cop was honest with me. "I could let you off, bub, but it's the end of the month, start of a new month and you know what I'm talking about."

Stopping for 1 second is a complete stop also.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)

Serious question. Do you even know how to drive a car? I'm guessing no.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
But it's risky with our ticket happy cops here in Ks. 3 seconds is a winner.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Then when you stop and count 3 seconds the guy/gal likely will be right on your bumper. And the people at the other stop signs are pissed at how slow you are progressing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
I was just out and about and again, people appeared mad at me for taking so long at the stop signs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
So I had to finish pulling up to the stop sign, stopping, counting 3 seconds then driving through all after he waved me through. He looked PISSED.

Sounds like the 3 second stop is just pissing everyone else off. Seriously, 1 second is long enough. Stop, look, go.

Edited by Iwritecode

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
Sounds like the 3 second stop is just pissing everyone else off. Seriously, 1 second is long enough. Stop, look, go.

I'll try that one and see what happens.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:14 AM)
But it's risky with our ticket happy cops here in Ks. 3 seconds is a winner.

The ol Kansas City special huh?

Greg, stop caring what other drivers think. No one is gonna pull a gun on you or anything so who cares? If they are mad that you're following the rules of the road, that's on them.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
The ol Kansas City special huh?

Greg, stop caring what other drivers think. No one is gonna pull a gun on you or anything so who cares? If they are mad that you're following the rules of the road, that's on them.

DO YOU LIVE IN AMERICA??? HAVE YOU BEEN READING THE NEWS?!

Edited by Jenksismybitch

I just remembered a story from college, my roommate got pulled over on his bicycle for blowing a stop sign. Cop asked him if he saw the stop sign, my roommate said yes and had no clue you can actually get pulled over for riding a bike. Cop gave him a warning.

You know what might have worked....you could have lied and said you failed to stop because you were carjacked once at an intersection when someone with a Glock hopped in because you came to a complete stop and gave him sufficient time to strike...or your unit in Iraq was ambushed at an intersection in Riyadh when you stopped at an intersection because kids planted by Al queda were crossing to block your path and you got ambushed on four sides by automatic weapons fire and continue to suffer from ptsd as a result of losing half your buddies.

Of course, as a Christian, you also risk going to hell for breaking the Ten Commandments.

Those are two ways out of it. Ethically and morally, no way. Butarguing you regularly give at church and to United Way isn't going to get you sympathy since part of that can be written off against taxes.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 12:26 AM)
For some reason that made me laugh.

I'm glad I have some money saved (knock on wood). My second pet peeve hit today. So I get a bill for 120 bucks for my eye doctor. I have one eye exam the last 3 years, yes my prescription changes, and apparently my work's insurance company isn't paying. This country is f***ed up, folks. If it's not Blue Cross, it's a s*** company. I mean WTF. I'm supposed to get one free eye checkup per year. Obviously the insurance company rejected the eye doctor's fee if I got this bill. I am sick about America.

I would say working as an insurance company claimsperson now is probably the worst white collar job in America. I just know those people are under pressure to REJECT parts or all parts of claims. What a joke. You can't even get an eye exam on there in a three-year span. What if I had glaucoma? I guess I'd have to pay for that as well.

Now this all makes sense. Can you really see the people's reactions to your stopping routine? Maybe they are smiling but you eyes turn that smile upside down? In the bid to have this thread hit 100 adding the element of eyesight and s***ty jobs may well assure that happening, but technically we may have to rule theses posts as ineligible. In a side note I started counting to three and I noticed people thanking me. One person gave me a thumbs up. Well he tried for a thumbs up but because of the way he was holding the steering wheel he could only manage to raise his middle finger. But I knew what he meant and thought of you.

Just once I want Greg to say something positive about this country.

C'mon!!!!

I'm a liberal Democrat and I can at least think of 10

1) Best university system in the world, especially graduate programs in medicine/MBA/law, etc.

2) First Amendment baby!

3) Most choices/variety for food/restaurants and retail shopping

4) Most religious diversity

5) Best sports leagues in the world (other than maybe EPL)

6) Accessibility to loans for cars, houses, higher education

7) Best entertainment (movies, tv shows, music, etc.) in the world

8) Cleaner air/water than developing world

9) Relative safety based on the remoteness of North American continent from the rest of the world

10) Best national parks and highway system for seeing the country

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
You know what might have worked....you could have lied and said you failed to stop because you were carjacked once at an intersection when someone with a Glock hopped in because you came to a complete stop and gave him sufficient time to strike...or your unit in Iraq was ambushed at an intersection in Riyadh when you stopped at an intersection because kids planted by Al queda were crossing to block your path and you got ambushed on four sides by automatic weapons fire and continue to suffer from ptsd as a result of losing half your buddies.

Of course, as a Christian, you also risk going to hell for breaking the Ten Commandments.

Those are two ways out of it. Ethically and morally, no way. Butarguing you regularly give at church and to United Way isn't going to get you sympathy since part of that can be written off against taxes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 09:40 AM)
Stop smoking crack and posting, caulfield

:lol:

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 03:56 AM)
Just once I want Greg to say something positive about this country.

C'mon!!!!

I'm a liberal Democrat and I can at least think of 10

1) Best university system in the world, especially graduate programs in medicine/MBA/law, etc.

2) First Amendment baby!

3) Most choices/variety for food/restaurants and retail shopping

4) Most religious diversity

5) Best sports leagues in the world (other than maybe EPL)

6) Accessibility to loans for cars, houses, higher education

7) Best entertainment (movies, tv shows, music, etc.) in the world

8) Cleaner air/water than developing world

9) Relative safety based on the remoteness of North American continent from the rest of the world

10) Best national parks and highway system for seeing the country

Not a bad list. I think our lousy economy, however, is the biggest deal right now, though. I think we're in a world of hurt. I just hope we avoid a total collapse of the banking system and all our savings are gone and we'll be on the street once we get laid off by our broke employers.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Not a bad list. I think our lousy economy, however, is the biggest deal right now, though. I think we're in a world of hurt. I just hope we avoid a total collapse of the banking system and all our savings are gone and we'll be on the street once we get laid off by our broke employers.

Other economies are far far worse, so if you think it's bad here, you probably wouldn't like much of Europe, China...or basically anywhere else in the world, either.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)

Are you posting from a time warp or something? Or possibly in the basement of Drudge Report HQ? I mean, income inequlaity is an issue and the economy isn't perfect, but it's been generally doing quite well the past few years (compared with history).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 19, 2015 -> 10:42 PM)
Are you posting from a time warp or something? Or possibly in the basement of Drudge Report HQ? I mean, income inequlaity is an issue and the economy isn't perfect, but it's been generally doing quite well the past few years (compared with history).

Are you serious? Do you know any recent college grads? No jobs. Do you know anybody over 50? No jobs. Job outlook - grim.

Middle class making no headway on retirement funds. Heading for a huge disaster when all these people above 55 start retiring. Retirement outlook - Poorhouse for people used to at least having food, leisure money.

The economy is terrible. Businesses not making money, constantly laying people off. I've been reading about predictions of impending doom. So much money lost on stock market. Nation's debt ridiculous.

WHy all the optimism in your post?

Edited by greg775