Not stopping at a stop sign? Really police?

greg775

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:18 AM)

Awesome.

Greg's a b****, Greg's a lover, Greg's a child, Greg's a mother

Greg's a sinner, Greg's a saint, Greg does not feel ashamed

Greg's your hell, Greg's your dream, Greg's nothing in between

You know you wouldn't want it any other way

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
Do you really want to hurt Greg?

Do you really want to make Greg cry?

Made me think of one of Sandler's funnier movies, The Wedding Singer.

You've got Billy Idol, DeLoreans, bond traders dressed like Don Johnson in Miami Vice, cool songs, Jon Lovitz and Ben Stiller's wife...not to mention the dude from Dead or Alive dressed in drag.

Adventures in Babysitting, major crush on Elizabeth Shue with that one and The Karate Kid.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:43 PM)
do you hear that sound? It is the worlds smallest violin playing the worlds saddest song

Why don't you support the little guy? The man doesn't need my 140 bucks. I may have flaws but at least I am not an insensitive jerk. I do care about others. Some on here seem to be of the opinion I am a lowlife so to speak.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 03:34 PM)
Listen, greg donated money to his church and paid for his car registration. That should make him immune to traffic violations.

I shouldn't have 'boasted' about my giving. You are not supposed to do that in life. I just mean I'm a law abiding citizen and average Joe who supports causes like the Policeman's Ball (if they approached me on it, I'd give) it's 1 a.m. and I'm not drinking and the cop shows no respect. Just wants my head on a platter and my cash.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Greg fought the law and the law won.

Greg fought the law and the law won.

Last night at 1 again I went by the same stop sign. Good think I did my three second thing, I looked to my right and he was there again. I was safe as I stopped fully this time. It got me to thinking though. It's just your word against the cops. What if he came and ticketed me again and claimed I rolled it even though I did the three second count? I suspect I'd lose. Basically the cops say you rolled a stop you have no chance in court, right? Judges should take the word of the little guy if something like that happens.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Why do you think giving money to a police organization should make you above the law?

Because it's like baseball's "unwritten rule book." The unwritten cop-law-abiding citizen rule book says you get a warning for such a non-heinous crime such as rolling a stop sign when basically nobody's on the road. The cop had to be laughing his ass off on his way back to the car after nailing me. You can tell if a guy is being pompous to you and he was. The prick got his 140 bucks for the city. He should have done a little endzone dance for me cause he won the battle, yes he did. He really wanted a DUI though and didn't get the quinella this time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
Because it's like baseball's "unwritten rule book." The unwritten cop-law-abiding citizen rule book says you get a warning for such a non-heinous crime such as rolling a stop sign when basically nobody's on the road. The cop had to be laughing his ass off on his way back to the car after nailing me. You can tell if a guy is being pompous to you and he was. The prick got his 140 bucks for the city. He should have done a little endzone dance for me cause he won the battle, yes he did. He really wanted a DUI though and didn't get the quinella this time.

What if you rolled through that stop sign like you obviously think you should be able to, at any time you want with no repurcussions, and some kid riding his bike home flies through the intersection in a black hoodie that makes him very hard to see and you hit him because you blew the stop sign?

Why dont you quit begging for sympathy, pay your ticket, and stop at a stop sign like I do every time I get to one? And stop complaining about it. I dont support you, and the only one here being pompous is you because you feel like you dont deserve a ticket for breaking the law. the cop was doing his job

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
What if you rolled through that stop sign like you obviously think you should be able to, at any time you want with no repurcussions, and some kid riding his bike home flies through the intersection in a black hoodie that makes him very hard to see and you hit him because you blew the stop sign?

Why dont you quit begging for sympathy, pay your ticket, and stop at a stop sign like I do every time I get to one? And stop complaining about it. I dont support you, and the only one here being pompous is you because you feel like you dont deserve a ticket for breaking the law. the cop was doing his job

My biggest problem with you is you often do not read my posts. You have some preconceived notion of me and you don't want to accept the fact I may be a normal law abiding good person. I have never denied I was guilty; I paid the fine the next day.

As far as the kid flying through the intersection at 1 a.m., I'd see the bicyclists light on his bike in that scenario and I did 'stop' I just rolled through.

I would ask you and all soxtalkers to comment on my comment about the cop breaking the unwritten rulebook code of cop-citizen in this case. Warning, no ticket for such an offense when the driver has nothing on his record. Baseball has a ton of unwritten rules; the cops had one in this town as well until I got pinched.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 01:48 PM)
Because it's like baseball's "unwritten rule book." The unwritten cop-law-abiding citizen rule book says you get a warning for such a non-heinous crime such as rolling a stop sign when basically nobody's on the road.

You really, truly believe this don't you?

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
You really, truly believe this don't you?

Yes.

1 a.m., the driver (me) has nothing on his record; he's polite, not drinking, just wanting to make a buck the old fashioned way. Unwritten rulebook says 'let that guy off with a warning.'

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Yes.

1 a.m., the driver (me) has nothing on his record; he's polite, not drinking, just wanting to make a buck the old fashioned way. Unwritten rulebook says 'let that guy off with a warning.'

I'm amazed at how often you have some view of how things are or should be and then are completely shocked when absolutely nobody else shares that same view.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
I'm amazed at how often you have some view of how things are or should be and then are completely shocked when absolutely nobody else shares that same view.

Look up the word narcissist and re-read some of Greg's posts. It's quite eerie and creepy. ;)

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
My biggest problem with you is you often do not read my posts. You have some preconceived notion of me and you don't want to accept the fact I may be a normal law abiding good person. I have never denied I was guilty; I paid the fine the next day.

As far as the kid flying through the intersection at 1 a.m., I'd see the bicyclists light on his bike in that scenario and I did 'stop' I just rolled through.

I would ask you and all soxtalkers to comment on my comment about the cop breaking the unwritten rulebook code of cop-citizen in this case. Warning, no ticket for such an offense when the driver has nothing on his record. Baseball has a ton of unwritten rules; the cops had one in this town as well until I got pinched.

Patently false. I read them, and i see you talking in third person all the time telling everyone "greg has supporters they just dont post about it" and nonsense like that. There is nothing pre-conceived, it is conceived by reading what you write.

I know you paid your fine. I know you abide by the law. I also know that you have done nothing but repeatedly slam a cop for doing his job "to fill the city coffers" as you like to state it.

It is the cops discretion if he should or shouldnt issue a ticket vs a warning. Sorry dude, you lost, this isnt baseball and there are not unwritten rules. It has nothing to do with coffers, or him laughing back in his cruiser. If you would have stopped, he would have left you alone.

This is hilarious considering all the times people have asked you (myself included) to respond to posts that discredit any base of your arguments (if there are any) only to have you ignore those and continue to post your obscene logic.

Greg, you are naive, you are self-centered (at least on here), and you really need to grow up and become more self aware. I don't believe you are a bad person, but you intentionally put blinders on. When anyone here tries to educate you on a matter (such as crime rates), you just put your head back into the sand. It's a tired, old act and you just need to do some self maturing.

There is no unwritten rulebook. You broke the law, you got caught. End of story.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
Patently false. I read them, and i see you talking in third person all the time telling everyone "greg has supporters they just dont post about it" and nonsense like that. There is nothing pre-conceived, it is conceived by reading what you write.

I think some people on here do agree with me. I don't think I'm 100 percent on an island on my positions.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
I don't believe you are a bad person, but you intentionally put blinders on.

I don't think I put blinders on. Re. the crime issue I accept your figures that crime has gone down but I can't say America is actually safe. I mean it's not just all being driven by the media. We have a lot of crime. Let me acknowledge once and for all: I do accept your stats that Chicago is safer and the world is safer. But am I allowed to say "but ....?"

Also, the idea that no prior violations gives you a mulligan, that logic is flawed.

And it would lead to the police feeling even more justified for harassing those who have already done something wrong when the whole premise of America is that you should be treated fairly and equally after you've paid for your crime (sex offenders/pedophiles being a rare area where atonement isn't accepted universally). Allegations of profiling would fill up every court docket in America.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
Also, the idea that no prior violations gives you a mulligan, that logic is flawed.

And it would lead to the police feeling even more justified for harassing those who have already done something wrong when the whole premise of America is that you should be treated fairly and equally after you've paid for your crime (sex offenders/pedophiles being a rare area where atonement isn't accepted universally). Allegations of profiling would fill up every court docket in America.

Yes but I'm surprised you guys really don't care about the fact this is a small town and at 1 a.m. on a side street nobody is out on the roads and there's no danger of me going slowly thru the stop sign. Also the fact it was the last day of the month and that's kinda fishy needing to raise money for the city. The old rumor that more tickets are issued at the end of the month. I bet in big cities you pull over a guy at 1 a.m. for rolling a stop sign ... I bet a lot of people smart off to the cops and get maced. I could picture some New Yawkers and Chicago South Siders smarting off to cops for actually ticketing them for such a ridiculous violation. Just my take.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
Yes but I'm surprised you guys really don't care about the fact this is a small town and at 1 a.m. on a side street nobody is out on the roads and there's no danger of me going slowly thru the stop sign. Also the fact it was the last day of the month and that's kinda fishy needing to raise money for the city. The old rumor that more tickets are issued at the end of the month. I bet in big cities you pull over a guy at 1 a.m. for rolling a stop sign ... I bet a lot of people smart off to the cops and get maced. I could picture some New Yawkers and Chicago South Siders smarting off to cops for actually ticketing them for such a ridiculous violation. Just my take.

The teens, 20 and 30 somethings in the northern part of the city, maybe the NW Suburbs, I'm willing to make a large bet that they're the ones more frequently mouthing off to the cops.

South Siders aren't stupid enough after seeing everything in Chicago from the 60's through the early to mid 90's to needlessly engage in a confrontation.

You take your chances on the mood of the officer.

One time I was stopped for speeding in Oklahoma City (with an Iowa plate) because I was on my way to my grandfather's funeral...and the police officer noticed I had very short "buzzcut" hair and asked if I was in the military. To which I didn't respond directly, I simply said I was unfamiliar with the streets/speed zones and on the way to a funeral. I didn't say "No, sir!" Maybe I allowed him to believe (his own preconceived notion or perception) that I was or had been in the military, but I didn't lie, either. I guess in my mind I thought if I was honest/truthful about never having served, I would get popped for a ticket, so I tried to change the subject. 50/50, every one of these situations can always go either way.

For all you know, a pedestrian or motorcyclist or a family friend of the cop could have been involved in an accident that involved a motorist not stopping 100% at a stop sign. Maybe someone almost came to a , didn't, and then it caused another driver to hesitate going through and then that car got hit from behind. You just have no way of knowing. Maybe it's his pet peeve or personal crusade, like DUI arrests/checkpoints.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
For all you know, a pedestrian or motorcyclist or a family friend of the cop could have been involved in an accident that involved a motorist not stopping 100% at a stop sign. Maybe someone almost came to a , didn't, and then it caused another driver to hesitate going through and then that car got hit from behind. You just have no way of knowing. Maybe it's his pet peeve or personal crusade, like DUI arrests/checkpoints.

No offense to the other 100 posts, but this is the first one to make sense to me. I do have no way of knowing if he has a history with stop sign problems in his family.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
Last night at 1 again I went by the same stop sign. Good think I did my three second thing, I looked to my right and he was there again. I was safe as I stopped fully this time. It got me to thinking though. It's just your word against the cops. What if he came and ticketed me again and claimed I rolled it even though I did the three second count? I suspect I'd lose. Basically the cops say you rolled a stop you have no chance in court, right? Judges should take the word of the little guy if something like that happens.

1) "Good thing I followed the law this time."

2) Pretty sure there are legal procedures you can take if it were wrongful.

Did you even ask for the cop for a warning or just assume one would be given? Often if you ask they will at least consider it if you have a clean record..... If you didnt even ask this whole thread was a waste of time. Also, does your town have a ticket quota for its police department, if not your end of the month theory makes 0 sense.