2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 02:37 PM)
You're really not.

1) Cubs fans are a more nation wide fanbase. There are nearly as many Cub fans in Austin as there are Astros or Rangers fans here. You're never going to make those people White Sox fans.

2) When the White Sox were good, you know a huge portion of the people watching were Cub fans.

Also, they don't affect our organization. Period. If the Sox are good, they have enough fans to go. If they're bad, no one bothers. Cubs have nothing to do with it.

Yeah, I don't think that's the case at all.

It's not that there's not many Cubs fans, it's that there's much more Rangers and Astros fans here.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to Sports Authority in a suburban mall a few weeks ago, and there was probably 95% Cubs stuff and 5% White Sox stuff. Before this year, it was probably 55/45 in terms of Cubs stuff. Doesn't take a marketing major to know this is not good for developing your fan base.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
The reality is there is room enough for two baseball teams in Chicago and each can be successful regardless of the success.

Who made the Sox horrible this year? The White Sox. The Cubs have nothing to do with this. Any fans we lose we deserve. We're garbage.

Ok. But that ignores the fact that it will be harder to gain fans back when we get good again if they're already firmly entrenched on the Cubs bandwagon. Just keep ignoring reality.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
Yeah, I don't think that's the case at all.

It's not that there's not many Cubs fans, it's that there's much more Rangers and Astros fans here.

I don't think Austin much cares about sports, but there's no doubt in my mind if the Astros/Rangers are 1, 2, without a doubt the Cubs are #3. The Chicago following here is enormous.

This is why people hate Cub fans. The Cubs can't just win and be happy. For some stupid reason the entire world has to be happy for them. I wasn't happy when the Twins won. I wasn't happy when the Tigers made the World Series, why on God's green earth would I be happy that the Cubs won?

Seriously, f*** the Cubs and their fans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
This is why people hate Cub fans. The Cubs can't just win and be happy. For some stupid reason the entire world has to be happy for them. I wasn't happy when the Twins won. I wasn't happy when the Tigers made the World Series, why on God's green earth would I be happy that the Cubs won?

But no one "deserves" to win more than them because of all the "suffering" they've gone through! :crying

Exactly. It'll be a cold day in hell when I root for the Cubs to win.

I got asked the samething today from multiple people. "Well your from Chicago. Arent you going to root for the Cubs?". f*** no was my answer.

I agree 100% what you said is correct. I hate the Cubs always have always will.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
I don't think Austin much cares about sports, but there's no doubt in my mind if the Astros/Rangers are 1, 2, without a doubt the Cubs are #3. The Chicago following here is enormous.

It doesn't care much about pro sports cause of UT. Plus, there's a huge split between fans of the Houston and Dallas teams.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
But no one "deserves" to win more than them because of all the "suffering" they've gone through! :crying

They're like Cardinals fans, except their team doesn't actually win.

If I didn't just move to wrigleyville, I would be more against them winning. I'm indifferent now, if not slightly rooting for them. I want to be in the heart of the party if they win. It will be absolutely wild. I'm assuming I'll be able to find some overjoyed cubs broad to bang. I'm predicting the panties will be awfully wet in wrigleyville the night they win it, if they do.

+1

QUOTE (ron883 @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
If I didn't just move to wrigleyville, I would be more against them winning. I'm indifferent now, if not slightly rooting for them. I want to be in the heart of the party if they win. It will be absolutely wild. I'm assuming I'll be able to find some overjoyed cubs broad to bang. I'm predicting the panties will be awfully wet in wrigleyville the night they win it, if they do.

Well then.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Cubs fans are like roaches.

Ouch. Roaches everywhere are insulted by being compared to such lower life forms like cub fans. :D

Preach on it!

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 6, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
+1

+2!