2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:46 PM)
I liked myself better 6 years ago. I wasn't an alcoholic. lol. I was just giving you a hard time. Your Cubs analysis is pretty spot on. That's why it's hard for most people (me included) to believe you only watch Cubs highlights.

Wow, don't even remember. I know I thought Beckham was going to be the better than Jeter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
Liriano was a much tougher matchup for Cubs

Some of their best hitters are lefty (or at least better as lefties, like Fowler). So yeah, Liriano would have made a lot of sense. But you don't sit your #1 starter with a 2.6 ERA and 2.66 FIP for a one game playoff.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:56 AM)
Some of their best hitters are lefty (or at least better as lefties, like Fowler). So yeah, Liriano would have made a lot of sense. But you don't sit your #1 starter with a 2.6 ERA and 2.66 FIP for a one game playoff.

Yeah don't blame Hurdle for it. Actually hopeful Jaime Garcia can excel vs this lineup

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:43 PM)
Arrieta's zone has definitely been larger than Cole's zone so far.

I've been fuming over this....they say the NBA is the rigged league but given the money on the line for MLB and the networks based on the outcome of this game, it makes you wonder. It's been blatantly one-sided. That dinger to Schwarber was set up by a missed strike which put Cole behind in the count.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:56 PM)

Cole was also great during the regular season against the Cubs. He is choking tonight but hard to see that coming.