2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
Not that I want it to get that far, but the Jays would destroy the Cubs in the World Series. They'd out-hit them like crazy and I made don't think Arrieta would fare well against them either.

You just made me feel better. Haha

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
I'm defending you here. You clearly admire and respect the Cubs as an organization. I'm not saying you're a fan of them.

Sorry, I just hate having to constantly defend myself from people who feel it's not okay to admire the Cubs if you're a White Sox fan.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:15 PM)
Guys there's an ignore list for a reason. Putting certain posters there has already vastly improved my SoxTalk experience.

I don't know how to use the ignore list and I frankly don't think it's necessary.

Sure, people have differing opinions, but that's part of the fun of this website IMO.

This must really suck for the Pirates. 2 years in a row they get the first WC spot and 2 years in a row they run into an absolute machine starting the game. Last year it was Bumgarner. This year it's Arrieta.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Sorry, I just hate having to constantly defend myself from people who feel it's not okay to admire the Cubs if you're a White Sox fan.

Nah man, that's ok.

But it's also ok to hate them.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:18 PM)
This must really suck for the Pirates. 2 years in a row they get the first WC spot and 2 years in a row they run into an absolute machine starting the game. Last year it was Bumgarner. This year it's Arrieta.

Well making two pretty critical mistakes didnt help

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
Here's something we can all agree on. Pitchers batting is just stupid.

Agreed.

My friends who are fans of NL teams love it though. I have no idea why. It's basically a free out- 11% of an NL lineup is pointless. And then they gloat about how NL pitchers always have lower ERAs than AL pitchers...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
Agreed.

My friends who are fans of NL teams love it though. I have no idea why. It's basically a free out- 11% of an NL lineup is pointless. And then they gloat about how NL pitchers always have lower ERAs than AL pitchers...

We are so much alike that it is crazy. My friends are exactly the same way. We might have been separated at birth.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
Agreed.

Mine, too. They're just wrong.

"You lose the strategy of the double switch!"

It's the double switch for crying out loud. It's not the 3-4 defense or the Pistol. It's a stupid, unimportant "strategy" that shouldn't be necessary.