2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
I'm really glad I don't live in Chicago right now.

Bandwagon Cubs fans talking s*** was awful.

It would be so great if the Pirates can just win tonight and shut them up. Doubt it happens with Arrieta on the mound though and a Pirates team that struggled hitting of late. I won't get too upset if Cubs win tonight, as it would still put them in the same position they were in for 2007 and 2008 where they had their postseason end in 4 days.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
It would be so great if the Pirates can just win tonight and shut them up. Doubt it happens with Arrieta on the mound though and a Pirates team that struggled hitting of late. I won't get too upset if Cubs win tonight, as it would still put them in the same position they were in for 2007 and 2008 where they had their postseason end in 4 days.

With Arrieta only going once in the division series, there's a decent chance they can lose given their poor rotation depth behind Lester. But the Cardinals are kind of a mess right now and the NL is wide open.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
With Arrieta only going once in the division series, there's a decent chance they can lose given their poor rotation depth behind Lester. But the Cardinals are kind of a mess right now and the NL is wide open.

The great John Lackey is starting game 1 of NLDS. Not sure why it's not Garcia.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
The great John Lackey is starting game 1 of NLDS. Not sure why it's not Garcia.

I was wondering that too but Lackey had an ERA under 2 in September and has great numbers against both the Pirates and Cubs (1.25 ERA in 3 starts against the Cubs, 2.25 ERA in 3 starts against the Pirates). Garcia only has 1 start against either team (7 shutout innings against the Pirates), and his September/October numbers aren't as good as Lackey's.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
So why the hell is Tommy LaStella hitting 5th? It's not like he's hit well against Cole or anything.

The Cubs have one extra-base hit against Cole this year, and it was a double by none other than... Tommy LaStella.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
The Cubs have one extra-base hit against Cole this year, and it was a double by none other than... Tommy LaStella.

Yeah, I don't think that one double warrants him hitting 5th though lol

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
Just saw someone wearing a red and blue shirt with a huge Cubs logo on the back. The front simply said "Sox suck"

This is the stuff that makes me want them to lose. I have nothing against the players. The fans just piss me off.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
This is the stuff that makes me want them to lose. I have nothing against the players. The fans just piss me off.

I really don't mind a majority of their players. Fowler whines far too much about balls and strikes, Arrieta has become way too cocky (I guess he deserves to be) and Strop acts like an idiot. Outside of those guys, this team is much more likable than the 2003 team with Sosa, Zambrano and Prior leading the way.

I would love to see them lose just to shut up the Chicago media members that believe Joe Maddon and Theo poop strawberry ice cream.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
I really don't mind a majority of their players. Fowler whines far too much about balls and strikes, Arrieta has become way too cocky (I guess he deserves to be) and Strop acts like an idiot. Outside of those guys, this team is much more likable than the 2003 team with Sosa, Zambrano and Prior leading the way.

I would love to see them lose just to shut up the Chicago media members that believe Joe Maddon and Theo poop strawberry ice cream.

It's interesting that we never hear about Hoyer. It's always Theo, Theo, Theo. If you just listened to the media you'd think Hoyer doesn't do anything.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)

I agree. Sick of the maddon and Theo love. Win a series first before bragging 24/7

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)

I want to see them lose, but that shirt kind of makes me laugh. For,a fan base who has always said they couldn't care less about the White Sox, it is pretty easy to find Sox suck shirts at just about every vendor around the park.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
I agree. Sick of the maddon and Theo love. Win a series first before bragging 24/7

What's up jr? Haven't seen you on in forever man.

Re:maddon, I really think his tenure is going to end up being short lived. He's going to get the trestman treatment the second anything goes wrong.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
What's up jr? Haven't seen you on in forever man.

Re:maddon, I really think his tenure is going to end up being short lived. He's going to get the trestman treatment the second anything goes wrong.

I'm doing good. Glad to be back.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 06:53 PM)
Sure thing, buddy. No one here is buying that's the only reason.

My opinions/thoughts on sports are some of the most unpopular on this board (I think Kobe's skillset is better than MJ's was for example). If I really wanted the Cubs to win for reasons other than to watch the board implode, i'd admit it.

Edited by Jordan4life