2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:24 PM)
Hurdle really ovethought his lineup. Seems like he's playing not to lose.

Yup. Just go with what has worked. Don't take out your best power hitter in the biggest game of the year.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:31 AM)
Every start I watch of Arrieta he's hanging pitches and leaving up changeups at an alarming rate. I sit there wondering how no one else sees it. Someone needs to start sitting on them

And he never throws inside to righties

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:30 PM)
Something I love about Pirates fans is they are all convinced Arrieta is on PEDs

I haven't heard that, but I know I've read that his delivery and where he squares up and throws is technically illegal in an MLB article today.

Also, I'm surprised no one has ever been concerned of Arrieta's delivery. His backwards loading and throwing across the body cannot be healthy long term. Especially since he's only relatively recently developed it.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:35 AM)
I thought you only watch Cub highlights on MLB.com???

I do and watch highlights of his outs. This was honestly probably the 10th time I even watched an at bat of Montero this year. Only games I watched a lot of for Cubs lately were the Arrieta Sunday Night games

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:41 AM)
I'll give him this, Arrieta has good control of the fastball to Cervelli......but yet again crappy offspeed pitches.

I think he had thrown 65 or so curves without giving up a hit on it coming into the game. Shows you how bad the NL is against offspeed pitches

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Liked you better 6 years ago :). Of course we probably thought BJ Upton was the best player.

I liked myself better 6 years ago. I wasn't an alcoholic. lol. I was just giving you a hard time. Your Cubs analysis is pretty spot on. That's why it's hard for most people (me included) to believe you only watch Cubs highlights.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
I liked myself better 6 years ago. I wasn't an alcoholic. lol. I was just giving you a hard time. Your Cubs analysis is pretty spot on. That's why it's hard for most people (me included) to believe you only watch Cubs highlights.

Who were the young players we used to love?