2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
This isn't the first time I've seen you post Pro-Cubs stuff on here. Are you sure that you're really a Sox fan?

I'm a White Sox fan. It's agonizing. I want the Sox to be good. They're trash from the top down. The Cubs are the model we need to follow.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
This being said, should I go with my Abreu jersey, Quintana shirsey, or a 2005 World Series shirt? Can't wear my Sale jersey, as I did so today. I'm thinking the 05 shirt.

2005 shirt for sure. But then you'll probably get some wise ass that says "Sox games should be on the History Channel because that's all they think about".

lol

I was just in Chicago visiting family a few days ago and the Cub fever made me sick. I got yelled at once Facebook today for saying I'm not rooting for the Cubs. Seems like it's almost as bad as saying you hate the USA.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
Pirate hitters have looked terrible. Alvarez would have been better just sitting with the bat on his shoulders. They take fastballs, miss hanging pitches, then swing at everything out of the zone.

Our only hope for a Cubs loss is for the Cubs to have some disasterous and unexpected implosion.

Not likely. They're not playing at home lol.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 02:09 AM)
Pirate hitters have looked terrible. Alvarez would have been better just sitting with the bat on his shoulders. They take fastballs, miss hanging pitches, then swing at everything in the zone.

Our only hope for a Cubs loss is for the Cubs to have some disasterous and unexpected implosion.

Watched a lot of Pirates this past week hoping they would win enough for home field. I was shocked at how awful they were offensively. Made Reds pitching look challenging and got dominated by Cards pitching besides Wacha. Scored 1 or less in 4 of 7 to end season.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:09 PM)
This being said, should I go with my Abreu jersey, Quintana shirsey, or a 2005 World Series shirt? Can't wear my Sale jersey, as I did so today. I'm thinking the 05 shirt.

Don't wear anything Sox related. I'm not sure why you'd put a target on your back.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
Don't wear anything Sox related. I'm not sure why you'd put a target on your back.

Gonna take a lot of s***, might as well own it :lol:

I'm known as "that Sox fan"... the crazy diehard, you know? So even if I didn't wear anything Sox-related, I'd still get lots of s***

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 02:12 AM)
Not that I want it to get that far, but the Jays would destroy the Cubs in the World Series. They'd out-hit them like crazy and I don't think Arrieta would fare well against them either.

Cardinals/Dodgers/blue jays. That's the match ups I want if Cubs keep winning

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
Guys, there's no questioning AustinIllini is a Sox fan. He just holds extreme admiraton for the Cubs.

I don't like the Patriots but I admire Tom Brady? I'm a lifelong Bears fan. You need to readjust your definition of fandom.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)
I don't like the Patriots but I admire Tom Brady? I'm a lifelong Bears fan. You need to readjust your definition of fandom.

Lmao, you admire Tom Brady with everything that's going on right now?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:13 PM)
Gonna take a lot of s***, might as well own it :lol:

I'm known as "that Sox fan"... the crazy diehard, you know? So even if I didn't wear anything Sox-related, I'd still get lots of s***

I am exactly the same way haha. I've been writing "go White Sox" in every yearbook that I've signed since 6th grade, so yeah. F the haters. I'm doing what I want.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:14 PM)

I'm defending you here. You clearly admire and respect the Cubs as an organization. I'm not saying you're a fan of them.