Roster at 37

flavum

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
Nieto not a surprise, no one would claim him or Rule V him (again).

Guerra is a loss though, I thought he could be a potential 2016 bullpen piece.

Given Guerra if I remember right missed most of last year (can't remember if it was an injury of drug related), I don't think its much of a loss.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
Given Guerra if I remember right missed most of last year (can't remember if it was an injury of drug related), I don't think its much of a loss.

Mark

You are thinking of Onelki Garcia. Junior Guerra pitched 2014 in Italy, and also the VZWL.

He's not a big loss - but a loss nonetheless to the system. I think he could have been a good relief arm maybe. Here is our profile on him, if it helps.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
You are thinking of Onelki Garcia. Junior Guerra pitched 2014 in Italy, and also the VZWL.

He's not a big loss - but a loss nonetheless to the system. I think he could have been a good relief arm maybe. Here is our profile on him, if it helps.

I didn't get the impression that the Sox thought much of him. Even when he was up here, he barely pitched.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
I didn't get the impression that the Sox thought much of him. Even when he was up here, he barely pitched.

Clearly he wasn't a big deal to them. I still think, an arm like that available in AAA has value to the club. That said, we'll see what other players end up taking those 40-man slots. They may or may not seem more valuable.

Not a big loss in Guerra. I expected that he would get sent off the 40 man.

At least Nieto stays in the organization.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 17h17 hours ago

End of regular season means players outrighted during season are electing free agency. Some names coming...

Hector Noesi (CWS), Javy Guerra (CWS), Sean O'Sullivan (PHI), Todd Redmond (TOR), Jemile Weeks (BOS), Ernesto Frieri (TB) elect free agency.

Looks like we'll be losing Guerra and Noesi as well unless they sign minor league deals.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Not a big loss in Guerra. I expected that he would get sent off the 40 man.

At least Nieto stays in the organization.

End of regular season means players outrighted during season are electing free agency. Some names coming...

Hector Noesi (CWS), Javy Guerra (CWS), Sean O'Sullivan (PHI), Todd Redmond (TOR), Jemile Weeks (BOS), Ernesto Frieri (TB) elect free agency.

Looks like we'll be losing Guerra and Noesi as well unless they sign minor league deals.

No big surprises there either. There will be a big pool of spring training invite type players to pick to load up Charlotte with.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
Nieto not a surprise, no one would claim him or Rule V him (again).

Guerra is a loss though, I thought he could be a potential 2016 bullpen piece.

Possible, but at 31 entering next year, I'd be really surprised if that was the case. I'd rather the Sox take a chance on a young reliever than an old ones that could simply be a AAAA player.