Blue Jays vs Rangers Series thread

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did it actually hit the bat? I didn't think it did but I also didn't understand how the run could score since the ump called time. I'm not saying the 3B could have made the play but he clearly stopped going for the ball as soon as the ump threw his hands up.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 05:39 PM)
That was straddling the line if anything, imo that should have been a dead ball

The rule is that is still a live ball if the ump thinks there was no intent of the batter to get in the way of the catcher. At least that is what they said on the TV broadcast a few times. I don't think Choo had any intent of getting in the way, I feel like he does that same move all the time.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 05:41 PM)
The rule is that is still a live ball if the ump thinks there was no intent of the batter to get in the way of the catcher. At least that is what they said on the TV broadcast a few times. I don't think Choo had any intent of getting in the way, I feel like he does that same move all the time.

Definitely no intent but they did call the play dead didn't they?

If that's the rule, then yeah. Choo had no intention of blocking the throw.

The thing is, the ump immediately throws his hands up and signals dead ball. You can't do that and then say play on, that's not fair to the defenders

Holy defensive meltdown batman

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 14, 2015 -> 05:43 PM)
Definitely no intent but they did call the play dead didn't they?

Yeah the home ump called it dead when Odor was about halfway to home (he would have been safe no matter what). I am confused as well why he can change that part of it.

Andrus with the dropsies