Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Castro, Soler all contributed.

One day someone will say the same of Abreu, Olt, Flowers, Saladino, Thompson............

Speaks of one organization knowing how to develop hitters and one who doesn't. I remember people questioning the Cubs with the Schwarber pick.. they look like they got a steal now.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Castro, Soler all contributed.

One day someone will say the same of Abreu, Olt, Flowers, Saladino, Thompson............

:)

Better to focus on the mets success than the cubs if you are a sox fan.

Kills me that the cubs signed martinez though. I am already prepping myself for disappointment when we only spend the limit on int'l players next year. ("But we'll really clean up in 2017!!!")

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
:)

Better to focus on the mets success than the cubs if you are a sox fan.

Kills me that the cubs signed martinez though. I am already prepping myself for disappointment when we only spend the limit on int'l players next year. ("But we'll really clean up in 2017!!!")

Or we'll hear pundits say next season, "this is the weakest collection of international prospects we've ever witnessed"

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 12:47 AM)
Speaks of one organization knowing how to develop hitters and one who doesn't. I remember people questioning the Cubs with the Schwarber pick.. they look like they got a steal now.

And some of the high school pitchers they signed when Schwarber went under slot have received glowing reviews

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 08:05 PM)
Cardinals pitching just collapsed down the stretch. Only with two reliable guys, and then we saw Garcia completely choke.

I was trying to tell my family this would happen (all on Cardinals fans). That pitching wasn't going to hold up all year