Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
It's not the Cubs, it's the fact that he can hit, and only Abreu can hit for the Sox.

Eaton? Also we were completely dreadful against LHP on offense this year, Schwarber would only exasperate that problem.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:22 PM)
Eaton? Also we were completely dreadful against LHP on offense this year, Schwarber would only exasperate that problem.

I always forget how good he is. The fact that he returned to his average by the end of the season is fantastic.

Now Garcia :bang

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
What position? DH? He doesn't have one.

I'm fairly certain we will all be dissapointed in the return we get for Q when we eventually trade him for a position player. Pitching is so good now, that while Rodon is special and everything, with hitting as s***ty as it is, to get a cost controlled bat like Kyle's, well, I think the Sox would put up with the rest and try to get him to stick in the outfield or behind the plate. Basically, what I am saying is, for the first time in a long time, it is hitting that is king and a major premium (vs. pitching). That said, a package between the two clubs would make sense as the Cubs need another pitcher with upside.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:24 PM)
I'm fairly certain the Sox would make that trade (or at least think long about it). Rodon is great and all but Schwarber fills a major position need / void on the club.

Doubt it, and Schwarber would be our DH. You don't trade a potential ace for a DH.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
Rodon was still the right pick.

If we had Schwarber we'd just be watching the emergence of future ace Rodon for the Cubs now, so it wouldn't matter. And I'm sure Kyle wouldn't have had near his same numbers for the Sox, away from NL pitching