Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 07:13 PM)
Here come the text messages.... Beating the cards was so satisfying, we rule, and once again John, your sox suck. I know they suck. Shut up.

I'm glad I don't deal with douche Cubs fans. My friends are mostly cubs fans but are pretty cool about it.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 07:15 PM)
I'm glad I don't deal with douche Cubs fans. My friends are mostly cubs fans but are pretty cool about it.

Yep, most of my department is cubs fans but they're just happy their team is winning, not interested in rubbing it in. Plus I got out early today because they were all leaving to watch the game.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 07:19 PM)
Yep, most of my department is cubs fans but they're just happy their team is winning, not interested in rubbing it in. Plus I got out early today because they were all leaving to watch the game.

Definitely the silver lining to this.

I am hearing from Cub fans, I have not talked to in years. I did not talk to half these people when the Sox won. Told them talk to me If you win it all, not for a dam divisional series.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
Oh. Thank God I live in Austin.

Breaking news: Longhorn Mascot has Leukemia

Poor Bevo.

Well, at least they saved Strong's job and beat the Sooners when a 17 point underdog, so there's that. I think most Longhorn fans would take that over a healthy Bevo and getting annihilated by the Sooners like they usually did for most of Stoops' tenure.

You know the quotes from the Cardinals about the Cubs getting to the World Series and maybe even being the current favorites to win it all will get player over and over and over again...at least until the 1969 stories about the Amazin' Mets and what happened to the Cubs that year start popping up.

Almost thought there was going to be another Bartman implosion with Cruz scoring on the Moss single to give the Cards the lead and/or Rodney losing his command and imploding, but it just wasn't meant to be. Without Molina, Wacha worn down from overwork, Garcia sick and Wainright pitching on fumes...besides that, just not enough offensive firepower coming from anyone other than the Cards' younger hitters like Piscotty.

We have to wait until there are just 5 outs left for the Cubs to get in the NLCS apparently.

QUOTE (Whitewashed in '05 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
Not trying to be a smart ass, but you are on a Sox forum.

Yeah I know. I was honestly the same way in 2003, but I just don't really have the time or energy to care that much anymore, so it's entertaining me.

Well except for the Eddie Vedder coverage. Get off Theo's jock and go back to Seattle, you are the next John Cusack.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
I am hearing from Cub fans, I have not talked to in years. I did not talk to half these people when the Sox won. Told them talk to me If you win it all, not for a dam divisional series.

Same here. It's irritating.