Rodon makes BA all rookie team

southsider2k5

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
Rodon is a freaking stud.

I think that he has a higher ceiling than Sale honestly.

I think you are right as I see Rodon not having the physical problems that Sale has from his build. Rodon is built like a guy who can give you 230 to 240 IP in a season. I don't see that from Chris Sale.

While they haven't been major, Sale has had minor nagging type stuff every year. I do believe that it is a testament to Cooper and the Sox staff that these haven't become something major like you have seen all over baseball.

Carlos has a better slider when he's 100% on his game. Equally confident bordering on cocky. In the future, maybe you can say he's cooler under pressure, perhaps...physical build/stamina in his favor as well.

Chris' offspeed stuff isn't nearly as hard breaking but it can be equally effective. More like a slurve at times.

And Sale is in a different zip code in terms of control of his full repertoire.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Oct 24, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
I read there is another guy in the farm system (can't remember who) who could be better than Rodon and Fulmer. I guess it's great for this organization to have that potential talent since pitching contracts are getting above ridiculous.

Whaaaaa?

Spencer Adams? Jordan Guerrero? Tyler Danish? Frank Montas?

I'm not sure any of those you can say any of those have the potential to be better than Rodon/Fulmer. I do like em all though, last 2 probably end up in the pen.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
This is sort of off-topic, but I don't understand why everyone likes Tyler Danish so much.

He's only 21, so he's very young, but he put up a 4.50 ERA last year in AA. That's not very impressive to me.

I see him as a future bullpen arm, if that.

He just turned 21 last month, so he was a 20 year old in AA. I think that's pretty young for that level, and he got to that level at a young age because he had been so good previously.

I'm always guilty of cherry picking on this board so why not continue? Danish had 4 games where he was absolutely rocked to the tune of 25 runs in 15 innings. That really inflated that 4.50 era. 20 year olds in AA are probably always gonna have games like that.

How he does in year 2 at AA will be more telling as to who he is as a prospect. Probably is a reliever due to his motion, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Still has a shot to start though.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
He just turned 21 last month, so he was a 20 year old in AA. I think that's pretty young for that level, and he got to that level at a young age because he had been so good previously.

I'm always guilty of cherry picking on this board so why not continue? Danish had 4 games where he was absolutely rocked to the tune of 25 runs in 15 innings. That really inflated that 4.50 era. 20 year olds in AA are probably always gonna have games like that.

How he does in year 2 at AA will be more telling as to who he is as a prospect. Probably is a reliever due to his motion, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Still has a shot to start though.

Yeah, this pretty much hit the nail on the head.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Oct 25, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)
This is sort of off-topic, but I don't understand why everyone likes Tyler Danish so much.

He's only 21, so he's very young, but he put up a 4.50 ERA last year in AA. That's not very impressive to me.

I see him as a future bullpen arm, if that.

He took a step back last year, but he's awfully young and still has a good chance to turn into an effective reliever.

And one of the common threads of success in this era, aside from YOUNG talent, is a bullpen with 3 or 4 high end relievers.