Spring training questions

toasty

Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

i dont see stewert coming up anytime soon.. he needs alot of work yet......hummel .. well theres no room at the inn for him either........malone maybe but i think almonte will make it up before he does.........i would love to see valentine .. oh wait a minute hes gone... never  mind.......f***ing kw strikes again......

Funny..... but the SunTimes said that Stewart will have an extended Spring Training in 2003. Seems like JM is pretty high on this kid and wants to see what he can do in February and March.

I am also excited to see what Crede can give us. He was one of the biggest positive we got out of the 2002 season. Didnt he hit like 12HRs in under 60 games. Make that a full season and he will have 30+ homers.

I hope Borchard can find a way to improve his batting skills soon because with him in our lineup, Sox will be a top notch team.

How bout for our pitchers in the minors? Can Stewart or Malone become a good starter for us in the majors soon?

Originally posted by mac9001
Originally posted by bulokis

How bout for our pitchers in the minors? Can Stewart or Malone become a good starter for us in the majors soon?

No, at least not this season. There gonna spend the whole season at AAA, maybe a late callup.

Stewart is going to get a longer than normal workout in ST this year. JM is extremely high on this guy. Don't be surprised if he's with the White Sox sooner than we all think..... especially since we aren't getting any pitching :mad:

Originally posted by bulokis

I am also excited to see what Crede can give us. He was one of the biggest positive we got out of the 2002 season. Didnt he hit like 12HRs in under 60 games. Make that a full season and he will have 30+ homers. 

words cannot express how excited i am about crede basically having the starting job locked up. all this anticipation and finally something to show for it. for me it was that game against the jays (i think) where he tied the game and won the game on separate HRs and got the team huddle and the shaving cream pie and oh man i can't wait til next year.

Originally posted by Cali

I think Crede will be a f***ing monster next year, and he will be the starting 3rd baseman at the all star game, mark my words...

well dont forget about a certain world series MVP that also plays 3B.

as for frank thomas, man this guy better get his hit back on. i think he was startin to come around near the end of last season but i think he is still afraid of the ball. still i think his "loose" attitude of 2002 will continue to grow this season and create a better frank thomas. the frank thomas that i am growing to like as a person and not just a player.

Guest hotsoxchick1

killa if thats the case then we are f***ed beyond f***ed...........stewert is not all that great.............hell i would rather see jamie navarro be signed before we do something with stewert.........oh this is going to suck this year.............

killa if thats the case then we are f***ed beyond f***ed...........stewert is not all that great.............hell i would rather see jamie navarro be signed before we do something with stewert.........oh this is going to suck this year.............

It was in the 12/17 Suntimes HSC. Sad but true :(

we are so screwed..................:puke:puke:puke

Look at the bright side HSC. Sure..... Toad Ritchie will probably be our number 2 starter. But atleast the Brewers have to deal with Royce K-layton. Imagine all this and still having to deal with that asshole in 2003 :D

I do think thats what many said about Mark Buerhle too.

Well, I wasn't on any boards at that time, but I'm assuming thats how it was. The guy isn't exactly glowing with ace stuff, he just flat out knows how to pitch and mixes everything so well.

He doesn't have any great pitches, just a lot of good ones that he can spot. I'm hoping Stewart is the same way.