Cubs-Mets (Better Team) NLCS

Panerista

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
That was obvious months ago. Not really a troll but a cub fan looking for a reaction.

Good god. I am not and have never been a Cub fan.

The Cubs remind me of how bad we are. It's EMBARRASSING that some of us have to sit here and cheer for the Mets.

Edited by AustinIllini

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Who won the Art Ross trophy last year?

That's right. You have no idea.

It was obvious from day 1 what you were. You get on a White Sox message board and want to talk Cubs. Now they are losing and you claim you don't watch, yet you are in this thread.

Change your name to troll.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
It was obvious from day 1 what you were. You get on a White Sox message board and want to talk Cubs. Now they are losing and you claim you don't watch, yet you are in this thread.

Change your name to troll.

I've been a member since 2012. I clearly want to talk White Sox.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:21 PM)
Austin... it's probably just best to take a deep breath, relax, and stop your shenanigans. You're grown and can do what you want but you're really getting exposed and I use that term very loosely.

Sorry, I don't respond well to being called "Chubbie". I fail to see how name calling isn't a violation of forum rules.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:24 PM)
I am amazed at the people calling AustinIllini a troll and wanting him banned, yet convinced Greg is just a funny guy to have around.

I'm amazed I'm not allowed to enjoy watching a young and talented Cubs team despite being a life long White Sox fan.

I'm amazed I respond to a specifically inflammatory comment about fans getting murdered and I face the ban hammer.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:26 PM)
In other news, anyone amazed at the lack of props Terry Collins is getting for the strategic stealing he is calling for against the Cubs? Or the lack of heat Maddon is getting for the poor defensive lineup he is running out there?

I'm sure the lineup was an offensive based choice, but I think it's fair to put some heat on Maddon. The Cubs are severely overperforming, however, so Maddon won't face any real criticism this postseason.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Tell me about all the murdered baseball fans in my old neighborhood. Go ahead, I'll wait.

Also, for the record, I didn't watch a second of this game, because I really don't care. I was watching hockey, the sports Chicagoans pretend to care about when their baseball teams are irrelevant.

The Stars look great.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=1797122

How many baseball fans have been murdered outside the Cell? Since the Robert Taylor homes have been demolished, how many violent crimes have even occurred in the area after a ball game? While not a great area by any means, you're running with a stereotype that's years old. Once again, you show how out of touch you are with Chicago and its sports scene.

But obviously I don't want to call you a "troll" or "Cubs" fan, or else we'll have to continue to hear you whine about it in every post, so continue to take as many cheap shots at the Sox as your little heart desires.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:27 PM)
I'm amazed I'm not allowed to enjoy watching a young and talented Cubs team despite being a life long White Sox fan.

I'm amazed I respond to a specifically inflammatory comment about fans getting murdered and I face the ban hammer.

I believe in you. I thought your comment about people getting murdered near Sox park was a little uncalled for though. I also agree there is a lot of good young talent on the north side. Even with the annoying fan base, it is tough not to enjoy watching them play their game.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
I'm sure the lineup was an offensive based choice, but I think it's fair to put some heat on Maddon. The Cubs are severely overperforming, however, so Maddon won't face any real criticism this postseason.

Oh, I know why he is running guys out there like Schwarber, but you would think some pundit would at least play devil's advocate.

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
I believe in you. I thought your comment about people getting murdered near Sox park was a little uncalled for though. I also agree there is a lot of good young talent on the north side. Even with the annoying fan base, it is tough not to enjoy watching them play their game.

I apologize. It was uncalled for. I'm just annoyed by the excessive animosity here. This fanbase used to be proud, not envious like it is now.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
Sorry, I don't respond well to being called "Chubbie". I fail to see how name calling isn't a violation of forum rules.

You are a piece of work. Do you have any idea what a Cubby Chubbie is? It has nothing to do with weight.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Pants Rowland @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Oh, I know why he is running guys out there like Schwarber, but you would think some pundit would at least play devil's advocate.

The thing about these Cubs that will be interesting is what happens when the team decides to go for the win every year. At some point, they can't parade out a bunch of DHs every game.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
You are a piece of work. Do you have any idea what a Cubby Chubbie is? It has nothing to do with weight.

No. I don't. Does it have to do with a sexual innuendo? If so, that's definitely a violation of forum rules.