42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
Jessie Rogers before the game was pretty much guaranteeing the Cubs would score 7 runs tonight.

I couldn't believe how many media members were thinking the Cubs would "figure out" deGrom. They haven't figured out anyone this series.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:38 PM)
Jessie Rogers before the game was pretty much guaranteeing the Cubs would score 7 runs tonight.

Both him and Kaplan are idiots. Kaplan on the Score was nearly guaranteeing a Cubs win today and saying I just don't understand why everyone thinks the Mets are going to win tonight. They are treating DeGrom like a 28 year old Sandy Koufax, the Cubs are going to break out the bats at home, etc. GMAB Kaplan, you are a dillusional Cubs fan just like so many others out there

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
Both him and Kaplan are idiots. Kaplan on the Score was nearly guaranteeing a Cubs win today and saying I just don't understand why everyone thinks the Mets are going to win tonight. They are treating DeGrom like a 28 year old Sandy Koufax, the Cubs are going to break out the bats at home, etc. GMAB Kaplan, you are a dillusional Cubs fan just like so many others out there

The local media continues to be compromised by Cubbie blue and the indian head. To me, that's insane, because the Bears and the Bulls face crazy scrutiny in Chicago.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)
The local media continues to be compromised by Cubbie blue and the indian head. To me, that's insane, because the Bears and the Bulls face crazy scrutiny in Chicago.

Indian head has at least shown they have won championships. I agree with the rest of this post though.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Indian head has at least shown they have won championships. I agree with the rest of this post though.

Agreed. And let's be honest about Hockey. It's still kind of a novelty since like 2007. The Cubs thing does kind of boggle me. I continually preach media neutrality.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:50 PM)
Agreed. And let's be honest about Hockey. It's still kind of a novelty since like 2007. The Cubs thing does kind of boggle me. I continually preach media neutrality.

Yeah, that just doesnt happen about the Cubs because when it comes to baseball, everyone wants to hop on the Cubs bandwagon in the media.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:52 PM)
I know the person who said it, and let's just say he's not the smartest guy around... but still, it crossed the line.

The tweet I linked to was a friend of mine replying to it

Wow you actually know the person? I recommend you not associate with him ever again.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:45 PM)

The media does not understand hockey. They see banners and salary cap hits that's it.

Problem with football is the six days you get to analyze it.

The cub bandwagon media is what drives me nuts.

I said it before and will say again. The Mets outlook is better than the cub if Wheeler comes back healthy.

If I were the Mets I'd start colon tomorrow and bring Matz out of the pen.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 11:00 PM)
Wow you actually know the person? I recommend you not associate with him ever again.

Oh no, I'm not friends with him and if I were, I'd never talk to him after this. He's known as a douche. People from New York are responding to him now

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 04:02 AM)
Oh no, I'm not friends with him and if I were, I'd never talk to him after this. He's known as a douche. People from New York are responding to him now

How could anybody tweet that? I guarantee you if you send the link to Yahoo they'll write a story about the idiot. The media loves outing morons who tweet weird s***.

Coming from cub fans, none of this surprises me. There's always an excuse or some childish cheap shot coming from them in an effort to feel better about themselves and their team. They even whined about their cross town rival fan base not cheering for their beloved cubbies. f***ing idiots!

But the Cubs weren’t built as a defense-first team and the franchise spent so much of its capital – first-round picks, trade chips, international money – on position players.

So it shouldn’t be a huge surprise when a young team that’s won 101 games since Opening Day looks lost at times in the field and desperate to find some arms. The shock is that the Cubs got to this point in 2015.

A game that started with Javier Baez making an error at shortstop ended when Jorge Soler struck out looking at a Familia slider. The go-ahead run scored on – what else? – Trevor Cahill’s strikeout/wild pitch in the sixth inning.

Cespedes had gotten to third by stealing the base against a Cubs team that’s had issues with controlling the running game all year. Kyle Schwarber is a terrific hitter playing left field, and the ball found him on a Cespedes line drive in the two-run seventh inning.

http://www.csnchicago.com/cubs/outplayed-m...s-comeback-nlcs

Already the excuses.

1) Curse of Murphy

2) Cold weather in NYC

3) Addison Russell's injury

4) Cubs are too young and inexperienced, not built for playoffs

5) Surprise, surprise...a talented roster deep in positional talent is a bit short in pitching

6) Too many "offense first" players like Schwarber, Bryant, Castro and Baez

7) Arrieta got tired from overuse/exceeding innings highs from previous years significantly

8) Lester isn't the same ace he was 2-3 seasons ago with the Red Sox

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:26 AM)
How could anybody tweet that? I guarantee you if you send the link to Yahoo they'll write a story about the idiot. The media loves outing morons who tweet weird s***.

Yeah, he deleted it and made his Twitter private, so now it's like nothing ever happened...