42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Bartolo Colon in 2009 with the White Sox.

Actually, a 4.19 ERA and 1.44 WHIP. Not quite as bad as I thought it was, but nothing like how he has pitched in 2012 and 13 with Oakland.

It seems pitching in that stadium makes almost EVERY pitcher (see Shark as well) look a lot better than they really are...

I'm referring to your comment about Garica & Contreras.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
Yeah what did we ever get from Garcia and Contreras?

Pretty sure Contreras went to the Rockies for someone never to be heard from again...just a salary dump.

Garcia...??? That was after 2010 when he put up a 4.64 ERA, I want to say nothing.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
I'm referring to your comment about Garica & Contreras.

Basically that it has been over a decade since we've had a veteran starting pitcher come in and outperform expectations.

I suppose you can count Humber as a "veteran" if you want, and that lasted only one season. I would put Humber and Gavin Floyd in a different category from guys in their mid 30's.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
The Sox got a World Series from Garcia and Contreras.

Yes, I realize that.

Contreras was my avatar for a long time.

I meant more from 2007-2010.

We had Loiaza, Contreras and Garcia perform well, but not very many veterans have outperformed expectations since then. Obviously Floyd and Danks had their injuries, that's one part of it. But Shark was a complete disaster.

Just frustrating Colon seemed like he didn't care on the White Sox but miraculously was more effective at an older age pitching for OTHER teams.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
It's funny. When Maddon played KB and Schwarber in the outfield I was like how the hell can they get away from that unscathed? If sox did that there'd be outfield bloopers galore. But baseball always evens out in long run.

Totally. I don't remember hearing about Schwarber making any errors during the regular season, now he's worse than Viciedo