42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 06:53 AM)
Yeah, he deleted it and made his Twitter private, so now it's like nothing ever happened...

Internet doesn't forget terrible tweets, if you really want to find it you can

If the Cubs can't hit when it's cold out, how come the genius Maddon was bundled up like it was 20 degrees on a pretty warm night?

I know he's not feeling well ,but..............

Of the 33 MLB postseason series that started off 3-0, only 5 made it to game 5, only 3 to game 6, and 1 to game 7.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
On the radio just now, people have come back from 3-0 before!!!!!

Not just anybody. It was Theo in the LCS, against New York, to end a long WS drought.

What people seem to forget is that Yankees rotation was trash, nothing like Matz/Harvey/Thor/DeGrom

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
Not just anybody. It was Theo in the LCS, against New York, to end a long WS drought.

What people seem to forget is that Yankees rotation was trash, nothing like Matz/Harvey/Thor/DeGrom

And the next year when the White Sox went up 2-0 in the best of 5, it was the Red Sox had them right where they wanted them. 1 time out of 33 has a team come back, and as you pointed out, not to a team as loaded in pitching as the Mets.

It is funny all the mention of Theo on the radio and TV now. What exactly does he have to do with what will happen in the game? Do these morons even think about what they are saying?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
And the next year when the White Sox went up 2-0 in the best of 5, it was the Red Sox had them right where they wanted them. 1 time out of 33 has a team come back, and as you pointed out, not to a team as loaded in pitching as the Mets.

It is funny all the mention of Theo on the radio and TV now. What exactly does he have to do with what will happen in the game? Do these morons even think about what they are saying?

Agreed it's pretty terrible. The only thing keeping this from getting beyond insane is the fact that ESPN is in Mets country. Everyone has pretty much written the Cubs off there (wisely). But you know if the games were on ESPN the tune would be completely different

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:09 AM)
Agreed it's pretty terrible. The only thing keeping this from getting beyond insane is the fact that ESPN is in Mets country. Everyone has pretty much written the Cubs off there (wisely). But you know if the games were on ESPN the tune would be completely different

One of the most beautiful things about the MLB playoffs is you don't have to deal with ESPN anymore, and their blatant bias.

There is always going to be Cubs bias until they win. I get that, even though the White Sox had a long time between titles, had a team that was never not in first place, and lost 1 postseason game total, and they were perceived as a team that should have been counting their lucky stars they were on the field vs. their opponents.

If the Cubs ever win, I wonder how much it may actually hurt them from a lovable losers standpoint. The Red Sox hadn't won a title for a while when they finally broke through, but they had usually still had good teams, and plenty of playoff appearances. The Cubs have just basically sucked. If they ever win, will some of their charm actually go away? Locally, probably not a chance, but nationally, I think it might.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
One of the most beautiful things about the MLB playoffs is you don't have to deal with ESPN anymore, and their blatant bias.

There is always going to be Cubs bias until they win. I get that, even though the White Sox had a long time between titles, had a team that was never not in first place, and lost 1 postseason game total, and they were perceived as a team that should have been counting their lucky stars they were on the field vs. their opponents.

If the Cubs ever win, I wonder how much it may actually hurt them from a lovable losers standpoint. The Red Sox hadn't won a title for a while when they finally broke through, but they had usually still had good teams, and plenty of playoff appearances. The Cubs have just basically sucked. If they ever win, will some of their charm actually go away?

Ron Darling was on the score this morning saying Cub fans should be happy because their team will be good for the next 5-6 year window.

Edited by whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
Ron Darling was on the score this morning saying Cub fans should be happy because their team will be good for the next 5-6 year window.

They definitely should be good. I just think people should be cautious with the "year ahead of schedule" confidence. The Nationals are prime example of how much can go wrong in baseball. The Cubs' hitters should be solid, but we will see how their pitching plays out. Even if they acquire top arms, that doesn't also work out as planned.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
They definitely should be good. I just think people should be cautious with the "year ahead of schedule" confidence. The Nationals are prime example of how much can go wrong in baseball. The Cubs' hitters should be solid, but we will see how their pitching plays out. Even if they acquire top arms, that doesn't also work out as planned.

Very true. This series still make me nervous even though they are down 3-0. I don't know why.

If the mid 90s Indians with Thome, Vizquel, the Alomars, Belle, Lofton, Manny, Colon,didn't win a title, there is no reason to think the Cubs are virtually guaranteed one. We still don't know how all these guys will pan out. There could be slumps, injuries etc. A lot of things went the 2015 Cubs way. That doesn't happen every season. It is easy to assume these guys are young and only going to get better, but that doesn't always play out.

They'll definitely be good...as long as their are no injuries, no talent regressions, and they get another starter that is dependable.

Lots of teams were suppose to be good but a 162 game season takes a toll, and they fell short.

If I had to bet on the Cubs winning it all in the next 3 years, I'd probably put money on it, but far from a sure thing.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)

The Nationals are a good example. They shut down Strasburg in 2012 because they just assumed they'd be at the top of the NL for the next 5-6 years. The Cubs' position players are young but their pitching staff is pretty much all on the wrong side of 30 and old pitchers are a big injury risk.

Edited by OmarComing25