42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
My Cubs offseason prediction: talks heat up for Tyson Ross, they trade for him and also sign Price. Boast a rotation of: Price Arrieta Lester Ross Hendricks

Edit: I guess Hendricks could be part of the deal in which case it is Hammel.

So much money in that rotation

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
Schwarber is not a major league outfielder. Cubs need to hope he can make it as a catcher or that the NL adds the DH.

I would expect Theo to b**** about it, since Schwarber's defense has been embarrasing and he's hoping the position is added for his benefit. f*** him, keep the DH in the AL

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:29 PM)
My Cubs offseason prediction: talks heat up for Tyson Ross, they trade for him and also sign Price. Boast a rotation of: Price Arrieta Lester Ross Hendricks

Edit: I guess Hendricks could be part of the deal in which case it is Hammel.

Arrieta will regress, Lester in overrated and Price not a real good postseason pitcher.............Cubs guys could have Sophomore slumps and win 80 games. Cubs being good on paper means nothing.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:37 PM)
Good! Let them tie themselves to expensive starters. It's going to get awfully expensive with such a young team in five years or so

I'm not complaining

Lester making all that money as a #3 or #4...yikes

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:35 PM)
Everyone in baseball is very high on the Cubs future, as they absolutely should be.

However, Cubs are no longer going to be looked at the same way after this game is over tonight.

Going into next season, there is going to be a ton of optimism, but the regular season isn't going to mean that much, especially to fans. It's going to be prove it time after an awful showing in the NLCS.

Pitching is primarily what accounted for their resurgence. One of the best in the majors behind their NL opponents Pirates and St Louis. I'd expect nowhere near the same production across their retread bullpen or Arrieta, primarily. Now, that's not to say they're out of it; with the extra Wild Card spot and the NL being its bad self they'll be around, even with 90-93 wins.