ALCS- Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays

Jose Abreu

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
I could see this KC squad lighting up a sore shoulder Buehrle just as easy as they did to Dickey

Buehrle has a pretty good career history against KC at 26-12, 3.54 era, 1.249 WHIP. He was also really good against them this year giving up 5 ER in 14 IP for a 3.21 era, and .714 WHIP. In 2014 he only gave up 2 ER in 14 IP against KC.

I don't think he is healthy. The Jays are not that dumb although Gibbons kind of seems a bit clueless on how to handle a pitching staff.

last nights 9th inning seems ot have hada carry over affect for the Royals today.....that and a really s***ty starting pitcher.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 04:00 PM)
I could see this KC squad lighting up a sore shoulder Buehrle just as easy as they did to Dickey

As hot as Dickey had been at home, he was the right choice, s*** happens in baseball.

Buehrle could have been perfect to pitch a few middle relief innings now to limit the damage, but Hendriks has been fine so far.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 05:45 PM)
I dont know what makes this KC team so damn good in the playoffs.

They've got some fire inside them. Kinda reminds me of the beginning of the year when people were picking them to be 4th in the AL Central, but without the brawling so far.

First time that has happened in MLB history.

Loup was attending to a family matter, and Gibbons had to hold back Sanchez and Osuna for potential games 5-7.

Hendriks was absolutely maxed out at 4 1/3 IP.

"I think you saw it last year,'' Young said. "There's a comfort level these guys have, where they know this is something special. I don't know how to explain it, but it really is tremendous. They come to play every day, yet they're still relaxed. There's no nerves.

"Maybe it's because they trust each other. They know that if they don't get the job done, the guy behind them will. It's not just about the baseball talent. It's about the character of the individuals. I've never seen anything like it with a baseball team.''

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2015/story/...etter-blue-jays

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:24 AM)
Any team that picks LaTroy Hawkins over Mark Buehrle on its postseason pitching staff deserves to lose. My gosh. Fathom could DEFINITELY blast a double off Hawkins. LaTroy Hawkins??

Considering Buehrle had something like four cortisone shots throughout the season and is not on the playoff roster, I think it's safe to say Buehrle is not healthy or he'd be out there pitching.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 06:24 AM)
Any team that picks LaTroy Hawkins over Mark Buehrle on its postseason pitching staff deserves to lose. My gosh. Fathom could DEFINITELY blast a double off Hawkins. LaTroy Hawkins??

Couple of my friends used to take batting practice off of Hawkins in the offseason

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 05:29 AM)
Considering Buehrle had something like four cortisone shots throughout the season and is not on the playoff roster, I think it's safe to say Buehrle is not healthy or he'd be out there pitching.

I read a quote from him that said he definitely was OK and could have pitched.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:32 AM)
Couple of my friends used to take batting practice off of Hawkins in the offseason

When he played for the Cubs, he rented 2 apartments in a highrise at Clark and Eugenie. A friend of mine lived there. One apartment was for his shoes. I guess he's a shoes freak.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:29 AM)

He said he was healthy. Doubt they would have pitched him the last day of the year if he wasnt.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 06:46 AM)
He said he was healthy. Doubt they would have pitched him the last day of the year if he wasnt.

Im sure he is a healthy scratch. Because that totally makes sense in a pitching needy team, to scratch Mark Buehrle

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 07:45 AM)
Im sure he is a healthy scratch. Because that totally makes sense in a pitching needy team, to scratch Mark Buehrle

I know you can't trust everything they tell the media, but all these quotes make it seem as if they only wanted to use him as a starter, and he wasn't one of the best 4 options. I know Dickey got rocked yesterday, but in his last 11 home starts, he had given up 3 runs or less each time. And batters had an .896 OPS vs. Mark in September/October. His struggles are probably injury related though.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/baseball/mlb/buehr...-different-way/

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)

The Blue Jays manager seems like a buffoon to me. Just the fact he's totally owned KC in his career would have been a great reason to pitch him instead of Dickey. Oh well, I guess Mark is lying and Toronto is lying and he's ailing.

The game times in the playoffs have really floored me...I know that it has been this way for years, but still. It truly is a travesty to have so many damn day games, I presume for TV purposes only.

If the Sox were in the playoffs, I would literally have to take half days every single day they played because there is no possible way I would be of any use at work, and I'd be freaking out wanting to watch every pitch. It really sucks..I have to imagine KC fans are outraged by all the day games.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
The game times in the playoffs have really floored me...I know that it has been this way for years, but still. It truly is a travesty to have so many damn day games, I presume for TV purposes only.

If the Sox were in the playoffs, I would literally have to take half days every single day they played because there is no possible way I would be of any use at work, and I'd be freaking out wanting to watch every pitch. It really sucks..I have to imagine KC fans are outraged by all the day games.

Yeah, once you had NY/Chi in NL TOR/KC had zero chance for prime-time.