ALCS- Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays

Jose Abreu

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 17, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
I usually won't do this to a non-pitcher, but this game is on Goins if Toronto loses. What the f*** is he doing out there?

He almost crossed up Tulo on the Morales grounder up the middle, too.

Jays have had some bizarre innings recently. The seventh against Texas, balls hitting the guide wire and then this half inning.

Rios with some sweet revenge against the organization that summarily dumped him six years ago.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 17, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
Eh? I see what you did there.

It won't be easy, but in that dome, the Blue Jays can do anything.

Yeah it's a lot easier to hit homeruns there, plus I heard they gotta keep it closed per the MLB.

One thing to keep in mind though...the best defense in baseball has a huge advantage on turf if they do keep it in the park.

The Royals also match up well wth Estrada, Cueto's brimming with confidence and they lost 2/3 at home to the Rangers.

Greg wil not be betting another house against Cueto now.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 17, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Goins pretty much cost the Jays that game. Price was untouchable up until that error they called a hit.

I think that play is more on Joey bats. That's a much easier play for the right fielder, he should have called him off.

My comments on the series ...

-- If Royals want to win it they better get another great effort out of Cueto and win Game 3. Why? Ned is conceding game four by starting Young. That is like forfeiting the game. Laugh at me all you want, but I'd start Duffy. At least he has exceptional talent and despite the fact he's thrown some stinkers, he has the capability of pulling a Volquez and throwing 6-7 stellar innings. Again, he might bomb but Young will bomb! So that leaves it on Cueto's shoulders in Game 3. A loss would/will devastate KC IMO.

-- That Game 2 win was impressive. Baseball should be ashamed of itself starting games where the shadows will dominate for 6 innings. It's annoying for the TV viewer and downright dangerous for hitters and fielders. They can't see the damn ball. It's an abomination! No shadows.

-- KC is not out of the woods yet. Rios remains a baseball "bum." He still could just about single-handedly ruin this for KC and its fans. I will give him credit though. So far he's had a few huge hits in the postseason. His defense remains wickedly awful. I can't forgive him for his lousy years with the Sox. Mr. Rios ... you are NO Jermaine Dye.

-- Herrera and Davis have been pitching very very well. This is a Ned godsend because Herrera has not been nails the entire season. Human at times.

-- KC fans annoy me by standing too much during the game. Sit down chumps.

-- KC still is more dangerous when guys like Dyson and Gore are in the game reeking havoc. I realize they can't play because Rios is in right.

-- Cain swings very hard. Surprised his back can hold up during a whole season as hard as he swings.

Finally, I am not impressed with Toronto's manager. In fact I think he's a hack. LaTroy Hawkins?? Are u bleeping me? He's gotta hope toronto's big guns start hitting the ball over the fence and Tulo turns back into Tulo.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 18, 2015 -> 11:26 PM)
My comments on the series ...

-- If Royals want to win it they better get another great effort out of Cueto and win Game 3. Why? Ned is conceding game four by starting Young. That is like forfeiting the game. Laugh at me all you want, but I'd start Duffy. At least he has exceptional talent and despite the fact he's thrown some stinkers, he has the capability of pulling a Volquez and throwing 6-7 stellar innings. Again, he might bomb but Young will bomb! So that leaves it on Cueto's shoulders in Game 3. A loss would/will devastate KC IMO.

-- That Game 2 win was impressive. Baseball should be ashamed of itself starting games where the shadows will dominate for 6 innings. It's annoying for the TV viewer and downright dangerous for hitters and fielders. They can't see the damn ball. It's an abomination! No shadows.

-- KC is not out of the woods yet. Rios remains a baseball "bum." He still could just about single-handedly ruin this for KC and its fans. I will give him credit though. So far he's had a few huge hits in the postseason. His defense remains wickedly awful. I can't forgive him for his lousy years with the Sox. Mr. Rios ... you are NO Jermaine Dye.

-- Herrera and Davis have been pitching very very well. This is a Ned godsend because Herrera has not been nails the entire season. Human at times.

-- KC fans annoy me by standing too much during the game. Sit down chumps.

-- KC still is more dangerous when guys like Dyson and Gore are in the game reeking havoc. I realize they can't play because Rios is in right.

-- Cain swings very hard. Surprised his back can hold up during a whole season as hard as he swings.

Finally, I am not impressed with Toronto's manager. In fact I think he's a hack. LaTroy Hawkins?? Are u bleeping me? He's gotta hope toronto's big guns start hitting the ball over the fence and Tulo turns back into Tulo.

My what big opinions you have greg-o.

Rios isn't a big deal because they can use Gore, Orlando and Dyson.

Duffy is also more erratic...they think they can muddle through a Young start, he is a huge change in approach/speed/delivery from Cueto/Volquez/Ventura, and Duffy as a lefty would be pitching into the teeth of a righty dominant lineup for the most part.

Going with Guthrie or Medlen wouldn't have shocked anyone...after how much they trusted Guthrie last year in the postseason, but not the same pitcher this year by a longshot.

Cubs' fans feel they are forfeiting Hammel and Hendricks starts as well. Not every rotation has four great starters.

Back and forth game so far.

3 two-out runs scored for the Blue Jays, KC fights back and has an opportunity to take the lead in the top of the 3rd.

Will be interesting to see how long they stick with Stroman in an absolute must-win game for TOR, and who they bring in...also being cognizant you need a semblance of a bullpen the next two games as well.