Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m

southsider2k5

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/mlb-free-agen...WQDBHNlYwNzYw--

When I say unproven, I meant the lack of history of translating those huge KBO numbers to MLB. Just Choo and now Kang.

Essentially the Korean version of Abreu...with a less lofty valuation.

Indians, Rays, Cardinals cited here as the best fits or matches, so at least six or seven possible landing spots.

Edited by caulfield12

"SATURDAY: Neither the Indians nor the Tigers submitted the winning bid for Park, via MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian and MLive.com’s Chris Iott (on Twitter). The Indians did bid for Park, although their bid came up short; the Tigers did not bid for him."

Per MLBTR

That eliminates two teams.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 7, 2015 -> 11:19 AM)
"SATURDAY: Neither the Indians nor the Tigers submitted the winning bid for Park, via MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian and MLive.com’s Chris Iott (on Twitter). The Indians did bid for Park, although their bid came up short; the Tigers did not bid for him."

Per MLBTR

That eliminates two teams.

Certain it isn't us or any NL team locked in at first.

My prediction is Pirates.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 28, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=94182

Hindsight makes Chilihead, greg and I look good in here. What a group. Also, Wite looks dumb. You suck Blake!!!!

Snarky comment aside, let the record show that Wite wouldn't trade Zach Duke for Kang.

BOO THAT MAN!! :lol:

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Teams ruled out

BAL, CLE, DET, SD, TEX, LAA, BOS, OAK,

A lot of Pirate fans on twitter posting they "heard" it was them, FWIW.

I'm sure we can safely rule out Cubs (Rizzo), Dodgers (Gonzalez), Giants (Belt/Posey), Diamondbacks (Goldschmidt), Nats (Zimmerman gets at bats here as the starter), Braves (Freeman unless they plan on dealing him), Brewers (LuCroy gets at bats here along with Lind as starter), Twins (logjam between 1B/3B/DH) and most likely us.

I'm thinking either Pirates, Marlins, Mariners or Rockies.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 11:44 AM)
I'm sure we can safely rule out Cubs (Rizzo), Dodgers (Gonzalez), Giants (Belt/Posey), Diamondbacks (Goldschmidt), Nats (Zimmerman gets at bats here as the starter), Braves (Freeman unless they plan on dealing him), Brewers (LuCroy gets at bats here along with Lind as starter), Twins (logjam between 1B/3B/DH) and most likely us.

Actually the brewers are supposedly looking to maybe trade lind.

Any chance the Sox might be involved? There's been absolutely no noise on this, but if we're looking for ways to improve the offense without giving up a draft pick, this may be one of the best potential ways. Would obviously create a logjam at 1B/DH next year, but that would be a one year problem and we could probably move LaRoche if we ate $5M or so. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm desperate for offensive upgrades that are bigger than David Freese.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 07:08 PM)
Any chance the Sox might be involved? There's been absolutely no noise on this, but if we're looking for ways to improve the offense without giving up a draft pick, this may be one of the best potential ways. Would obviously create a logjam at 1B/DH next year, but that would be a one year problem and we could probably move LaRoche if we ate $5M or so. I know it's very unlikely, but I'm desperate for offensive upgrades that are bigger than David Freese.

and that is why i was thinking of Pitt.

I read somewhere that Pitt bosses are not sure which way they will go, either pick up players and some key one and go for it, or blow up the team.

the way i am looking at, the NL Central, that is going to be one tough division. you have Stl Scrubs with the talent. now Mil has it sabers rattling to make some noise in being ready to pick up some key players to make a push.

so what will Pitt do???

if it is to take a yr off and let some of their prospect develop, a trade with them for laroche to 1b plus as you said, 5 mil and a sox sp prospect of danish or beck to sweeten the pot.

Pitt still needs pitching and their 1 b replacement is 1 yr away, so now they will not need to rush him.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 8, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)

Now I would have bet the Dodgers would be in play since they have a large Korean population.