Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m

southsider2k5

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
Rockies are serious players for Park, per The Purple Row this morning.

Not sure how they can be serious players for him, it's not free agency. They either bid or they didn't.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:03 AM)
I'd seriously be stunned if we made this move...

Im not sure I would be. Seems like a total White Sox move. Take a chance on a guy that may produce for less money than top free agents. The LaRoche contract makes it a little murky, but as I said earlier, the Sox had 3 1B/DH 2 seasons ago, so it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:06 AM)
Im not sure I would be. Seems like a total White Sox move. Take a chance on a guy that may produce for less money than top free agents. The LaRoche contract makes it a little murky, but as I said earlier, the Sox had 3 1B/DH 2 seasons ago, so it's not like it's out of the realm of possibility.

I think if we get this guy or an outfielder, they have every intention of ridding themselves of LaRoche.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:08 AM)
Phillies, Brewers, Reds, Cubs, White Sox, Twins, and Astros.

Is this the current list?

Yup. Reds and Cubs dont need a 1B, so neither of those make sense. Phillies and Brewers are in full rebuilds. So I have this down to a 3 team race.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:10 AM)
I think so, but I'm 99% sure that the Cubs, Brewers, Phillies, and Reds aren't interested in him.

That leaves us with:

White Sox, Twins, Astros

I would rule the Cubs out due to Rizzo/Bryant and the Reds due to Votto/Frazier, but I wouldn't say the same about the Reds or Phillies.

Also, the Twins have Mauer and Sano, so I don't think they'd be interested.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
I would rule the Cubs out due to Rizzo/Bryant and the Reds due to Votto/Frazier, but I wouldn't say the same about the Reds or Phillies.

Also, the Twins have Mauer and Sano, so I don't think they'd be interested.

The Phillies and Brewers are "rebuilding", so I doubt that they'd be interested in this guy.

That being said, the Sox probably should be rebuilding too but we all know that they won't.