White Sox have 3 Super 2 players

southsider2k5

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 10:21 AM)
Honestly, Putnam and Jennings can go. At least Avi has more potential.

They're going to cost less than a million apiece. No reason to let them go. Who are you going to get to replace Putnam for that cost? Jennings was pretty damn good after his injury this year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
At the All Star break, Jennings had an ERA of 7.83. He lowered that to 3.99 with a FIP of 3.47. He gave up 8 ER in the 2nd half of the season.

You definitely keep him.

If you take out his 6 ER in 0.2 innings against the Reds, his ERA for the rest of the season was 3.07. Definitely worth keeping around.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
If you take out his 6 ER in 0.2 innings against the Reds, his ERA for the rest of the season was 3.07. Definitely worth keeping around.

Yeah, he took one for the team that day, and it changed the look of his numbers for the entire season.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 01:02 PM)
If you take out all the earned runs he gave up all season, his ERA is 0.00......not too shabby!!

It's not really cherry-picking if 1 out of 53 appearances makes your numbers look much worse than they really were, and his ERA and FIP even with that appearance weren't that bad anyway. It's not like I took out 10 appearances.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 01:09 PM)
It's not really cherry-picking if 1 out of 53 appearances makes your numbers look much worse than they really were, and his ERA and FIP even with that appearance weren't that bad anyway. It's not like I took out 10 appearances.

Especially in a situation where he was left out there on purpose.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 29, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)
I know you can do this on any pitcher but Jennings also came in on Opening Day, walked someone, intentionally walked Morales to get to Gordon and then he gets Gordon hit a weak grounder up the middle that Micah Johnson just stopped and watched go by him. Jennings should have gone 1/3 with no runs. Instead he went 0.0 with 3 runs. If Carlos Sanchez was playing second base that inning he would have an ERA of 3.49 instead of 3.99 on the year. Again, I am aware you can do this with any pitcher but I remember thinking, this sucks for Jennings when it happened.

Which matches his FIP almost exactly.