Styx opening for Def Leppard?

Texsox

I saw this in my in box.

$55 for Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard, with Def Leppard headlining and that seemed strange to me. I would have thought that Styx would be the headliner. Is that a Chicago-centric view of the bands?

I saw this in my in box.

$55 for Tesla, Styx, and Def Leppard, with Def Leppard headlining and that seemed strange to me. I would have thought that Styx would be the headliner. Is that a Chicago-centric view of the bands?

Yes, Def Leppard is a much bigger name than Styx, though I really like them both.

You should know if you go see Styx that they rarely do any of the songs Dennis DeYoung wrote.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
tumblr_m6xc5shskP1qz82gvo1_1280.jpg

What year is it?

Nostalgia shows can be a blast, Mr Too cool for school :P

When i was in college I saw Digital Underground 3 times and Run DMC twice in Carbondale, and they were so much fun

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Nostalgia shows can be a blast, Mr Too cool for school :P

When i was in college I saw Digital Underground 3 times and Run DMC twice in Carbondale, and they were so much fun

Oh hell I'm older than you and almost everyone on this board I'm guessing, which is why I felt comfortable poking fun at Tex. I remember fondly my Def Leppard cassette tapes and, yes, I had Styx on vinal.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:23 AM)
Oh hell I'm older than you and almost everyone on this board I'm guessing, which is why I felt comfortable poking fun at Tex. I remember fondly my Def Leppard cassette tapes and, yes, I had Styx on vinal.

It's vinyl

Paradise theater double album was "The Best of Times"

That same show was the Loopfest lineup this year.

I don't think the Def Leppard set list has changed in 15 years.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:23 AM)
It's vinyl

Paradise theater double album was "The Best of Times"

That same show was the Loopfest lineup this year.

I don't think the Def Leppard set list has changed in 15 years.

Didnt they come out with a new album in the past year? Im sure that would change the set list a bit

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:26 AM)
Didnt they come out with a new album in the past year? Im sure that would change the set list a bit

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/def-leppard-7b....html?year=2015

On very few occasions. They have an 18 song set and they play essentially 16 of the same songs every night and rotate a couple others. In previous years it was the same thing.

I was going to go to Loopfest and then looked at the set list and was not interested.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
I'd be interested in seeing Tesla and to a lesser extent Styx but I would have less than zero interest in Leppard. Didn't like em in the 80's and that hasn't changed. Even Beavis and Butthead made fun of Leppard :lol:

I don't think I would walk across the street to see a free Def Leppard show.