WS 2016 LAD 1st, Cubs 2nd, KC tied for 11th, Sox tied 18th

caulfield12

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14034906...16-world-series

Step 1: pissing off the Royals and giving them another chip on their shoulders, haha.

Cueto isn't going to be missed all that much, or Rios, and Guthrie departing will free up quite a bit of money, not to mention Alex Gordon. They'll miss him and especially Zobrist, but no player is irreplaceable for them other than Sal Perez. Oh, and Chris Young's veteran leadership, too.

Finally, they'll have to eat quite a bit of money on Omar Infante's deal, but they already have a plan for Year 3 of their four year window.

The Twins should be pissed too, tied with us after how last season ended.

No guarantee of another World Series, but, barring major injuries, they're back again in the playoffs at least. And, because Greg called it, we will trade Montas or Adams for Christian Colon (aka Andy Gonzalez II), and one of those guys definitely wins the 2017 or 2018 AL Cy Young.

Just imagine if they selected Harvey or Sale instead of Christian Colon...and Kershaw, Lincecum or Scherzer over Hochevar (the last Allard Baird draft)? Guess it was meant to be, the #1 symbol of franchise ineptitude ends up arguably the co-MVP of the post-season bullpen after sitting out all of 2015 with TJ surgery.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:26 AM)
Keep Albers, Jones, Robertson, Duke, Petricka. All had an ERA+ of 108 or better. That's a good start.

They'll probably bring in Franklin Morales...meanwhile, Jennings will go over to a division rival and go all Neal Cotts/A.Miller.

Webb is definitely on the outside looking in.

Next, Francellis Montas for the Herrera/Zumaya role. Maybe Tyler Danish's funky delivery puts him there as well, along with Beck.

Finally, wouldn't give up on Putnam so quickly. He's more likely to be back than Albers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
I hate how odds/projections come out and are taken seriously on the first day of the offseason, or even beforehand. A lot can change over the next couple months for all teams.

I hate that Vegas odds are taken seriously at all considering they are based on what stupid people are betting on instead of any kind of statistical team/player analysis.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
I hate how odds/projections come out and are taken seriously on the first day of the offseason, or even beforehand. A lot can change over the next couple months for all teams.

Odds are measures of how fans are betting, not what level of reality something has of actually happening.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
Odds are measures of how fans are betting, not what level of reality something has of actually happening.

I guess my post was also about the projections that came out a week or two ago that had us at 70-something wins.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
That is actually statistical analysis. That makes some sense. Vegas odds are nothing more than conversation fodder.

I know, my point is that you can't statistically analyze the 2016 [insert MLB team name here] because rosters can change dramatically over the next couple months.

I guess they are assuming Gordon and Zobrist will leave. I don't think Gordon is leaving. There's no reason in the world for him to leave KC. At some point, the Royals have to reward one of the pieces that got them a championship. I know baseball is not for the fans anymore, but signing Gordon would be the feel-good move the Royals need to keep the emotional line moving.

Zobrist, of course he will leave. He was the perfect addition midseason, however. Amazing acquisition along with Cueto.

Moore should be executive of the year in all sports for his handling of this roster in 2015.

How can they not give KC good odds for 2016?? They will win a horrific Central Division and once you get in the ALDS, you CAN win it all. Dayton Moore appears to have a good grasp of what they need to get there, and then during the season, what they need to acquire to go to the WS.

He's no dummy. The key is starting pitching. Yes it's possible KC's starting pitching will be very very bad. At this point, I'd bet on Moore piecing together a decent rotation. Now if Ventura and Duffy are trash, yes, they could regress.

But my money would be on KC easily winning the division (by 6-10 games) and then who the f*** knows?? But they should be considered a Final Four team for sure.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 2, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
I guess they are assuming Gordon and Zobrist will leave. I don't think Gordon is leaving. There's no reason in the world for him to leave KC. At some point, the Royals have to reward one of the pieces that got them a championship. I know baseball is not for the fans anymore, but signing Gordon would be the feel-good move the Royals need to keep the emotional line moving.

Zobrist, of course he will leave. He was the perfect addition midseason, however. Amazing acquisition along with Cueto.

Moore should be executive of the year in all sports for his handling of this roster in 2015.

How can they not give KC good odds for 2016?? They will win a horrific Central Division and once you get in the ALDS, you CAN win it all. Dayton Moore appears to have a good grasp of what they need to get there, and then during the season, what they need to acquire to go to the WS.

He's no dummy. The key is starting pitching. Yes it's possible KC's starting pitching will be very very bad. At this point, I'd bet on Moore piecing together a decent rotation. Now if Ventura and Duffy are trash, yes, they could regress.

But my money would be on KC easily winning the division (by 6-10 games) and then who the f*** knows?? But they should be considered a Final Four team for sure.

KC's roster is about to take a gut punch in free agency.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
KC's roster is about to take a gut punch in free agency.

Cueto for sure, good riddance.

Zobrist, Madson, Chris Young...those will hurt, along with Greg Holland.

They weren't paying a dime for either Cueto or Zobrist, however.

Guthrie and Rios will clear more payroll space. Medlen's 50/50 with a $10 million option.

However, they're still roughly at a roughly $90 million payroll. Keeping Gordon would put them right back around this year's $111-112 million. My gut says they come in around $124-128 million for next season. Without Gordon, $35 million to spend and Zobrist then becomes Target 1A.

They will also get Jason Vargas back sometime next summer. Perhaps they can dump part of Infante's remaining two years, but not easily.

Edited by caulfield12