Sox to go trade route possibly

Whisox05

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
Quotes in New England this morning from Dobrowski say several GM's are actively looking to trade this week.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/2...PORTS/151109306

You think teams would want to try making trades for young cost controlled pitching before turning to free agent market giving out 9 figure contracts?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 07:42 AM)
You think teams would want to try making trades for young cost controlled pitching before turning to free agent market giving out 9 figure contracts?

Why? If I were a team with $$ I'd rather sign free agent pitching instead of giving up the prospects.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 08:00 AM)
Hmm sure seems like a strange way to execute a 3 year plan.Last year the plan was vets and now its youngsters.

There never was a definite three year plan. Let's not give Williams quote more attention than it deserves. Here is Hahn, the GM, flat out saying we need young, cost controlled talent. He said more right there than Williams ever did with his three year nonsense. If by chance there was, I'm glad they're abandoning it.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
Honestly I never put any stock into the "three year plan" quote, people are reading way too much into that.

I agree. They are always planning for the future. That is what the "board" was for in KW's office. Also, adding cost controlled young players doesn't mean they are stepping away from trying to compete. If anything, it suggests they are willing to trade some young players, and don't want guys with a year or 2 left as the reward.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
I agree. They are always planning for the future. That is what the "board" was for in KW's office. Also, adding cost controlled young players doesn't mean they are stepping away from trying to compete. If anything, it suggests they are willing to trade some young players, and don't want guys with a year or 2 left as the reward.

I took it as no more Shark type deals. They want a Puig type of trade or Adam Eaton.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 04:12 PM)
Honestly I never put any stock into the "three year plan" quote, people are reading way too much into that.

i am with you, i always thought that 3-yr plan was a fluff and a statement for damage control. i remember there was a discussion on that when it was announced.

it was all to convince the fans to buy tickets..... to make money for the owners.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:27 PM)
There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to start.

1. Why would the Sox want Castro or Ross?

2. Even if they did want them, why would they trade Q or Rodon for them?

3. Who is Hannemann?

4. The Cubs and Sox won't be making any blockbuster deals any time soon.

It's green bro

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/...hite-soxs-goals

Sox looking for younger and cost controlled talent

That isn't quite what Hahn said. There isn't a mention of cost. Hahn says, “I think ideally we’re going to be adding pieces, though, that are younger and more controllable for an extended period of time."

He says "controllable" in reference to time, not cost. Jason Heyward is younger and the he'll be controllable for an extended period of time. Same with Upton, Rasmus, etc. Not saying we'll get one of those guys, just that Hahn doesn't mention cost.

Edited by Vance Law

QUOTE (Vance Law @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
That isn't quite what Hahn said. There isn't a mention of cost. Hahn says, “I think ideally we’re going to be adding pieces, though, that are younger and more controllable for an extended period of time."

He says "controllable" in reference to time, not cost. Jason Heyward is younger and the he'll be controllable for an extended period of time. Same with Upton, Rasmus, etc. Not saying we'll get one of those guys, just that Hahn doesn't mention cost.

Yes I meant controllable. But controllable probably meaning more then trying to signing someone to longer contract for being younger. I'm guessing what Hahn is wanting is younger with controlled years before getting to free agency in terms of service time not signing time.