MLB free agent predictions: Who should sign Jeff Samardzija?

whitesoxjr27

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:45 PM)
15 mins... I'm getting worried

I'm not worried until they say he accepts. Even then, I don't think I'd be pissed if he comes back for one more year. It can't get worse, and they could always have a chance to win with the guy, or trade him in July. We'll see...

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
I'm not worried until they say he accepts. Even then, I don't think I'd be pissed if he comes back for one more year. It can't get worse, and they could always have a chance to win with the guy, or trade him in July. We'll see...

Yep, even an acceptance isn't really a problem. Not ideal, but everybody here acknowledges he'll probably bounce back next year. Wouldn't be so bad if it was with us.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:47 PM)
If he doesn't respond and just ignores, I presume that means he didn't accept, correct? Or is it assume you accepted unless you reject? I presume more than anything he just wants the sox to sweat it.

That could very well be the case. Maybe short of accepting before the deadline, it's a default decline.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
He will get some longer term offers, but I could easily see where he makes the decision to bet on himself and be able to make a lot more money. Then again, you put a 2nd poor year in and that longer term deal is gone. The sad thing is, it seems that a major driver for him not taking the article is he had a lot of issues with the White Sox. All players are different, but given he didn't have a history of issues with two different organizations, it makes you wonder about the health of the Sox culture.

So....either way you're right!

If Shark were to accept he's going against Boras, because I can't see him advising his client to turn down 3-4 years of more than 12 million per season on the possibility (gambling with health, effectiveness) of earning more next season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 03:54 PM)
All that said, If I'm the Sox, I have no problem having him here for another year as I fully expect a bounce back and him to go back to being the quality player that he is.

I wouldn't mind either to be honest. If he does accept, then EJ is definitely out the door.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 01:57 PM)
I wouldn't mind either to be honest. If he does accept, then EJ is definitely out the door.

I still think the Sox should be moving Q for position talent (or Sale), so in this scenario, having Shark allows you to still potentially give it a shot at contention (while developing a combo of Fullmer/Montas/EJ). If you stay in contention, great, if you aren't ready, you hope Shark has truly rebounded and you are ideally able to move him for the package we expected to get a year ago (and ideally add more positional talent while opening up another development spot). I figure we know Rodon / Sale / Q are in the rotation, but then you have Danks (who at some point the Sox can move away from now that he's in his final year) and at least one youngster.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 10:02 PM)
I still think the Sox should be moving Q for position talent (or Sale), so in this scenario, having Shark allows you to still potentially give it a shot at contention (while developing a combo of Fullmer/Montas/EJ). If you stay in contention, great, if you aren't ready, you hope Shark has truly rebounded and you are ideally able to move him for the package we expected to get a year ago (and ideally add more positional talent while opening up another development spot). I figure we know Rodon / Sale / Q are in the rotation, but then you have Danks (who at some point the Sox can move away from now that he's in his final year) and at least one youngster.

if Q is traded, i bet the sox would listen to the bold as well, for multi prospects to help in a yr or 2.