Kershaw wants Puig off the Dodgers?

GGajewski18

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 03:18 AM)
Q, Adams, and Fulmer for Puig and Corey Seager?

Would that be fair for both teams?

i really don't know if you are serious or not, so i will say this and with a reason.

for the sox giving that amount,... way too much.

many people on this board has held the value of Q way too high or way too low.... mostly to low.

Adams is just beginning to start realizing his potential and fulmer hasn't even hit spring training.

puig, you name all the negative and he is that, too lazy, too spoil, too much of a prima donna, too self centered, too much of a distraction. etc....

seager, really nice but not worth Q by him self rather with a pkg of several dodgers not name puig.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:15 AM)
Yeah and supposedly it is that type of humor that the guys like. The media hates it but the players in the clubhouse like it and he kept them loose. Think of Maddux peeing on everyone in the lockeroom. Plaschke is the pits. Guy is a fraud. By the way, I didn't realize you had moved out here (or at least I assume you did since your pimping a lot of the shows I listen to). 570 is the worst, with the exception of the morning on 710. Dan Lebatard is the stink. How does anyone listen to that crap.

Jason, what is it you don't like about Plaschke?

Edited by oldsox

RE: Puig. Here's another thing about Puig. Supposedly, when he escaped Cuba, he made a deal with a man who helped him escape. The fee for this was something like 25% of his signing bonus. Puig not only reneged on the payment, but he told the Cuban authorities who the guy was, and he is now serving a 15 year or so term in a Cuban prison.

You could make a movie out of this stuff. To make it juicier, there have been threats made to Puig.

It's been a while since this story broke, and I have not seen anything on it for at least 2-3 years; maybe someone here has additional information.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 20, 2015 -> 11:12 PM)
Not sure what you mean. The Puig of his 1st 2 season was a very good player. His OBP those 2 years was in the .380-.390 range. Power, speed a great arm but wild on the bases, a bit of an untamed stallion. . Basically he has problems with his weight, tardiness, injuries and Mattingly said something about a miraculous recovery from a hamstring injury inplying he was babying it then all of a sudden he's available to play.

So now there's the comments from Scott Van Syke's father that Kershaw supposedly said the Dodgers should get rid of him. So he's a major league prima donna or at best immature but talented as hell.

Certainly the Dodger's would be selling low on him if they were inclined to trade him. Now his value is low and sinking fast if what Andy Van Slyke said is to be believed.

He has all the talent in the world but his attitude and work ethic is being called into serious question.

I am certainly not advocating Q for him but the Sox need talent and acquiring Puig would be a boon to the Sox as far as national publicity would go. Can the Dodgers really afford to keep him if he is a huge problem in the clubhouse when they are also most likely be losing Greinke and will need pitching to stay in the hunt for October ?

Good stuff here and thanks for the reply. The weight, tardiness and injuries make me want to run like hell in the opposite and never look back but I see what you and others mean by potential. Imo, no chance I trade Q for that potential and certainly Sale and Rodon would be out of the question for me as well. So what would be left that the Sox have that could be of interest to the Dodgers? I'm guessing the Dodgers are looking for a pitcher to replace Greinke but Puig is not worth any of the three pitchers I mentioned.

Another problem I have is that the Sox and Dodgers both have too many outfielders so an exchange of outfielders doesn't sound too likely or make sense. I really don't see how a trade can be pulled off unless a third team in need of outfielders is brought into the equation some how.

I think a better idea would be for the Sox to go after Ozuna. Sox and Marlins potentially match up better, imo.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 02:52 PM)
RE: Puig. Here's another thing about Puig. Supposedly, when he escaped Cuba, he made a deal with a man who helped him escape. The fee for this was something like 25% of his signing bonus. Puig not only reneged on the payment, but he told the Cuban authorities who the guy was, and he is now serving a 15 year or so term in a Cuban prison.

You could make a movie out of this stuff. To make it juicier, there have been threats made to Puig.

It's been a while since this story broke, and I have not seen anything on it for at least 2-3 years; maybe someone here has additional information.

that is true for mostly all the Cuban players before, they had to make a deal with the coyote.... JA did the same and waited for his family to later join him.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Good stuff here and thanks for the reply. The weight, tardiness and injuries make me want to run like hell in the opposite and never look back but I see what you and others mean by potential. Imo, no chance I trade Q for that potential and certainly Sale and Rodon would be out of the question for me as well. So what would be left that the Sox have that could be of interest to the Dodgers? I'm guessing the Dodgers are looking for a pitcher to replace Greinke but Puig is not worth any of the three pitchers I mentioned.

Another problem I have is that the Sox and Dodgers both have too many outfielders so an exchange of outfielders doesn't sound too likely or make sense. I really don't see how a trade can be pulled off unless a third team in need of outfielders is brought into the equation some how.

I think a better idea would be for the Sox to go after Ozuna. Sox and Marlins potentially match up better, imo.

excellent thought process and thinking outside the box. :headbang

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 06:17 AM)

Just trade Melky and Avi for Puig straight up. Sounds lopsided in the Sox favor of course but they're trying to win a World Series next year I assume and do they really want Puig screwing with team chemistry ? Sox need talent and Dodgers need to be rid of Puig . They get Melky's steadiness and Avi's potential while we get a talented screw up.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Just trade Melky and Avi for Puig straight up. Sounds lopsided in the Sox favor of course but they're trying to win a World Series next year I assume and do they really want Puig screwing with team chemistry ? Sox need talent and Dodgers need to be rid of Puig . They get Melky's steadiness and Avi's potential while we get a talented screw up.

Don't see that happening since the Dodgers have too many outfielders as is. If the Dodgers trade Puig they will likely be looking for pitching which brings us back to Q.

Imo, if the Sox are going to trade Q, they can do better than Puig. I'd pass.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 10:22 PM)
Don't see that happening since the Dodgers have too many outfielders as is. If the Dodgers trade Puig they will likely be looking for pitching which brings us back to Q.

Imo, if the Sox are going to trade Q, they can do better than Puig. I'd pass.

Depends on...

1. Which Puig you think you're getting? In his first 2 years he was a top 5 offensive player in the league.

2. Would you rather have a one possible super star or a couple good players?

I happen to think Puig is gonna more of the player we saw the first 2 years vs. last year. In that case I don't think you're gonna get a better player than Puig.

Now with the state of the Sox, maybe it would be better to go after a few lesser guys. That said, if they can get something like Puig AND Austin Barnes I think that's huge. 2 starters for 1, 1 guy who should be elite and one guy who fills a hole.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Depends on...

1. Which Puig you think you're getting? In his first 2 years he was a top 5 offensive player in the league.

2. Would you rather have a one possible super star or a couple good players?

I happen to think Puig is gonna more of the player we saw the first 2 years vs. last year. In that case I don't think you're gonna get a better player than Puig.

Now with the state of the Sox, maybe it would be better to go after a few lesser guys. That said, if they can get something like Puig AND Austin Barnes I think that's huge. 2 starters for 1, 1 guy who should be elite and one guy who fills a hole.

Guess I'm just not sold on Puig returning to his pre '15 season form. I admit that Puig and Barnes is most interesting though. Another hangup I have with Puig is that if what VanSlyke said is true, its not just Grienke that has/had a problem with Puig but Kershaw as well. I'm hoping the Sox steer clear of that potential train wreck. Still prefer the idea of going after Ozuna.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)
Guess I'm just not sold on Puig returning to his pre '15 season form. I admit that Puig and Barnes is most interesting though. Another hangup I have with Puig is that if what VanSlyke said is true, its not just Grienke that has/had a problem with Puig but Kershaw as well. I'm hoping the Sox steer clear of that potential train wreck. Still prefer the idea of going after Ozuna.

That's fine. I'm not sold on Ozuna myself. He was good in 2014, but every other year, including in the minors, he's been fairly mediocre. He MIGHT be better than Avi.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 11:01 PM)
That's fine. I'm not sold on Ozuna myself. He was good in 2014, but every other year, including in the minors, he's been fairly mediocre. He MIGHT be better than Avi.

I think he's better than Avi but I totally understand your not being sold on Ozuna. I think both Ozuna and Puig come with some risk. I think I lean towards Ozuna because I think it's possible to get him without giving up Q whereas the Dodgers likely push for Q in a deal with the Sox.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 11:11 PM)
I think he's better than Avi but I totally understand your not being sold on Ozuna. I think both Ozuna and Puig come with some risk. I think I lean towards Ozuna because I think it's possible to get him without giving up Q whereas the Dodgers likely push for Q in a deal with the Sox.

People need to get this through their minds....

The White Sox are not trading Jose Quintana unless someone gives them an offer they cannot refuse including multiple young, controllable offensive assets.

The Dodgers can "push" for Q all they'd like in exchange for Puig - there is no way in hell Hahn makes that trade. If he would make that trade, it'd be done already.

Please, enough with the Q for Puig garbage.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 23, 2015 -> 08:47 PM)
That would be a steal for the Sox. Can't see the Dodgers trading Puig AND the best prospect in baseball without asking for Anderson in there too with those 3.

So you don't think Puig's value has dropped like a rock or the Dodgers are unwilling to admit he's now worth a lot less then he was ?

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 06:47 AM)

The White Sox are not trading Jose Quintana unless someone gives them an offer they cannot refuse including multiple young, controllable offensive assets.

The Dodgers can "push" for Q all they'd like in exchange for Puig - there is no way in hell Hahn makes that trade. If he would make that trade, it'd be done already.

Hey man, I'm with ya. I've said numerous times I don't think the Sox would or should trade Q. The pitching foundation of Sale,Q and Rodon is about as solid as it gets. Add the potential of Fulmer and Montas and it really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Imo, Puig and his bulls*** are not a fit for the Sox and I really hope the Sox do not trade for him. There are many other players the Sox can look into in an effort to better the team. Besides, while the Sox could use an upgrade in RF I'd rather focus resources on upgrading 3B, SS, C and to a lesser extent 2B.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 12:47 PM)

i am with you as well, i even said something like this before..... however, i really don't think anyone here really expects something like this. i do trust the FO of not being too stupid to make this lousy trade work.

again, however, this is a forum and this is friendly bantering, harmless and entertaining. this also proves that we the fans are craving any sort of new baseball news affecting our team, even if it is a "what if" dream.

it kill the time and add something to read.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
Hey man, I'm with ya. I've said numerous times I don't think the Sox would or should trade Q. The pitching foundation of Sale,Q and Rodon is about as solid as it gets. Add the potential of Fulmer and Montas and it really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Imo, Puig and his bulls*** are not a fit for the Sox and I really hope the Sox do not trade for him. There are many other players the Sox can look into in an effort to better the team. Besides, while the Sox could use an upgrade in RF I'd rather focus resources on upgrading 3B, SS, C and to a lesser extent 2B.

I don't WANT the Sox to trade Q either. But they've put themselves in a situation where they basically have to take him if they want to contend because the offense is so poor.

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the Sox traded Quintana, but it's not going to be for Puig straight up. They're not going to waste that bullet.

The only way I could see something like this happening is a trade another poster suggested previously.

Puig

Austin Barnes

Scott Van Slyke

Top 10 prospect in LAD system

For

Q

LaRoche

Allows the Sox to move Melky to dh. Outfield defense vastly improves. Saves the $ on Laroches contract to reinvest.

I don't think that'll happen - but it's the only way a Puig-Q exchange starts to make sense. But I believe the Sox could and will do better. Think Cole Hamels package plus.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
I don't WANT the Sox to trade Q either. But they've put themselves in a situation where they basically have to take him if they want to contend because the offense is so poor.

I wouldn't be in the slightest bit surprised if the Sox traded Quintana, but it's not going to be for Puig straight up. They're not going to waste that bullet.

The only way I could see something like this happening is a trade another poster suggested previously.

Puig

Austin Barnes

Scott Van Slyke

Top 10 prospect in LAD system

For

Q

LaRoche

Allows the Sox to move Melky to dh. Outfield defense vastly improves. Saves the $ on Laroches contract to reinvest.

I don't think that'll happen - but it's the only way a Puig-Q exchange starts to make sense. But I believe the Sox could and will do better. Think Cole Hamels package plus.

with the idea of the la - sox trade aside,

the sox has too many holes that the owners will not fill thru fa's. so a trade has to come thru the pipeline. that is the only way to fix holes in the roster with maybe 1 major trade of a player and other less significant players being move, to get those missing pieces.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
with the idea of the la - sox trade aside,

the sox has too many holes that the owners will not fill thru fa's. so a trade has to come thru the pipeline. that is the only way to fix holes in the roster with maybe 1 major trade of a player and other less significant players being move, to get those missing pieces.

Yeah, thats what I just said.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)

So the Sox would have a good rotation but horrible offense. That's not going to work. Unfortunately it's the you have to give something in order to get something. The Sox have some nice prospects but not enough to fill all the holes in the offense. Trading multiple prospects and emptying the farm system is not going to work. The only real option is to trade Quintana for a small army of hitters to help. Sox can absorb Quintana loss a bit more.