Kershaw wants Puig off the Dodgers?

GGajewski18

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Not sure the Sox have much to offer that the Dodgers need, which is pitching. Take Sale, Q and Rodon out of the mix and its difficult to see a matchup.

then have the sox Beck, and Nolan Sanburn for him, if they say no.... then screw it.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
then have the sox Beck, and Nolan Sanburn for him, if they say no.... then screw it.

The Dodgers are looking for a pitcher to potentially take Grienke's spot in the rotation so I'd bet they want something just a bit better and more proven than Beck/Sanburn. Look at the Dodgers farm, Beck and Sanburn wouldn't be tempting in the least bit for the Dodgers.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
The Dodgers are looking for a pitcher to potentially take Grienke's spot in the rotation so I'd bet they want something just a bit better and more proven than Beck/Sanburn. Look at the Dodgers farm, Beck and Sanburn wouldn't be tempting in the least bit for the Dodgers.

and i do understand this, i just really, really being snarky.

many posters should know how much i am against anything of puig on the sox.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)
and i do understand this, i just really, really being snarky.

many posters should know how much i am against anything of puig on the sox.

Gotcha, were on the same page.

I'm hoping the Sox are more focused on 3B and SS. Not that an upgrade in RF wouldn't be nice...

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Gotcha, were on the same page.

I'm hoping the Sox are more focused on 3B and SS. Not that an upgrade in RF wouldn't be nice...

yeah, i just read on mlb trade rumors of 2 players that were dfa .... of/1b d. nava and rp/sp b gomes, ugh i think he can sp ... but i wouldn't mind a 1 yr with options.

Renato Bermudez of ESPN Deportes reports that Yasiel Puig was recently involved in a fight with a security guard at a Miami nightclub.

Details on the altercation are limited at this point, but Puig reportedly came away from the fight with a bruise on his face. We'll surely find out more about the incident before long, but it's certainly not a good look for Puig, who has his detractors in and out of the organization due to attitude issues. He was limited to just 79 games this season because of injury.

Source: Vince Samperio on TwitterNov 27 - 3:03 PM

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 25, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
Gomes is a reliever. :)

thanks for that info. :D

but i look at his profiles of 3 solid pitches and a weak 4th. that is starter stuff.

but maybe he will be a newer, younger carroll for the long relief and maybe a spot starter. i still have concerns on an injury next yr for sp's.

now that paranoia personality is on me, i always want backups.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 27, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
He may have issues but I remember when Miguel Cabrera had issues as well. Not the same level of talent there but still. Problems now doesn't mean the guy can never mature.

I could argue Puig has more talent because he can be an impact defender to go along with being an impact bat. Both were terrific early in their careers with Puig's only down offensive season being in an injury prone 3rd year. This is a talent and I'd love it if the Sox bought low for once, however, I'm also not that up to speed in what just happened (off the field).

Sounds like the guy truly is a mess though.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:26 PM)
I could argue Puig has more talent because he can be an impact defender to go along with being an impact bat. Both were terrific early in their careers with Puig's only down offensive season being in an injury prone 3rd year. This is a talent and I'd love it if the Sox bought low for once, however, I'm also not that up to speed in what just happened (off the field).

Sounds like the guy truly is a mess though.

true and if i was trading for him, hello drug test for everything.

• 3 weeks later...