why not go for Brett lawrie?

Knackattack

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 07:23 AM)
What does this even mean? Its not like the sox are a disruptive bad clubhouse

I think it's a reference to the Sox/Royals incident last season.

Aside from the A's/Royals stuff last season, I think the previous Lawrie nonsense could be chalked up to immaturity. Not that he won't act out again, but he could mature and imo has. We've seen Sox players do stupid s*** too in the past.

One thing to point out about the A's/ Royals incident is that the Royals were pissed about Lawrie's take out slide. Lawrie's slid low through the bag to take out Cain but again, Lawrie slid low to take out the feet and not the knees. Lawrie even showed concern for Cain after the play.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 07:43 AM)

Aside from the A's/Royals stuff last season, I think the previous Lawrie nonsense could be chalked up to immaturity. Not that he won't act out again, but he could mature and imo has. We've seen Sox players do stupid s*** too in the past.

One thing to point out about the A's/ Royals incident is that the Royals were pissed about Lawrie's take out slide. Lawrie's slid low through the bag to take out Cain but again, Lawrie slid low to take out the feet and not the knees. Lawrie even showed concern for Cain after the play.

The incident started by Ventura being a prick, and Samardzija going full Ape? Again, I dont really see how that makes Lawrie fit into the Sox clubhouse.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 07:30 AM)
I was referring to poor decision-making that Sox players usually have on the field (terrible baserunning, low baseball IQ, etc)

I am not really seeing how a guy with a bad attitude=poor decision making on the field.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 07:51 AM)
Micah is doing a lot of White Sox holiday charity things right now. IMO, it's a sign he probably isn't out the door, at least they aren't dangling him.

I'm ok with moving him if they can get value for him, but they better not just give him away. I think his bat can make him a useful player for us and I'm not against another spring competition between him & Sanchez for the 2B job. I just don't feel comfortable handing Carlos the starting job.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 07:43 AM)

You did mean Escobar, right?

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
You have Anderson to play SS hopefully next year. Gordon plays 2nd and hasn't played SS in 2 years. Honestly Micah could be come Gordon if his defense improves and gets playing time to fully show what he can do. Also needs to stay healthy

you make a good point, but lets look into this a little further.

dee gordon, 1 yr at ss if able, will be determine in ST. then anderson is up, ss and gordon moves to 2b.

assuming nothing else in this equation .... his bat is too valuable to forgo the lucky chance of getting him.

but what the hay, this is all fictional ideas.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
you make a good point, but lets look into this a little further.

dee gordon, 1 yr at ss if able, will be determine in ST. then anderson is up, ss and gordon moves to 2b.

assuming nothing else in this equation .... his bat is too valuable to forgo the lucky chance of getting him.

but what the hay, this is all fictional ideas.

I think it would be pretty hard about trying to pry him away. I saw stuff that the Marlins are trying to extend him a contract.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 02:43 PM)

that is baseball plain and simple. it is part of the game.

now how he acts in the clubhouse, i will chalk this up to say, lets see if he has a history and is it bad enuf not to take that chance. different clubhouse, different environment. however remember, as i said if he is not a clubhouse cancer from the beginning.like a certain dodger player.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
Micah is doing a lot of White Sox holiday charity things right now. IMO, it's a sign he probably isn't out the door, at least they aren't dangling him.

that goes to show he is a great org guy and would be a great pr / spokeperson for the org thru his deeds.

i am happy and impress with him.

good for him.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 03:38 PM)
I think it would be pretty hard about trying to pry him away. I saw stuff that the Marlins are trying to extend him a contract.

and you are right, but the marlins have problems with 2 players right now, one of which is their #1 sp..... if the deal is there and they can get a few players on the cheap who can be part of their team now and in the future, the owners will go for it.

just my thinking.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
If one of Johnson/Sanchez were moved, I can't decide who I'd rather see traded.

Both have pros and cons. I'd probably lean towards keeping Sanchez and trading Johnson if push came to shove, but I really don't know.

i agree, i would move johnson b/c sanchez defense is already has be spotlighted,

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
i agree, i would move johnson b/c sanchez defense is already has be spotlighted,

I think Micah's bat is much better, but then again, his defense is terrible.

Sanchez is already an elite defender, but only has an average bat. I think with more experience though, he can become a serviceable hitter.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I think Micah's bat is much better, but then again, his defense is terrible.

Sanchez is already an elite defender, but only has an average bat. I think with more experience though, he can become a serviceable hitter.

ref sanchez, it is more like he can, in later yrs be a ut kind of a player, but for now a good stopgap kind of a player at 2b.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 08:12 AM)
You did mean Escobar, right?

Ya, my bad.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 08:39 AM)
that is baseball plain and simple. it is part of the game.

now how he acts in the clubhouse, i will chalk this up to say, lets see if he has a history and is it bad enuf not to take that chance. different clubhouse, different environment. however remember, as i said if he is not a clubhouse cancer from the beginning.like a certain dodger player.

I don't think Lawrie's past is any worse than anything we've seen from SOX players of the past. I think some of his bs can be from immaturity. He was pretty young when he first came into the league.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
If one of Johnson/Sanchez were moved, I can't decide who I'd rather see traded.

Both have pros and cons. I'd probably lean towards keeping Sanchez and trading Johnson if push came to shove, but I really don't know.

I really don't think either should be moved honestly. If the Sox don't upgrade that position then you need a fall back plan. Micah has the chance for better offense and Sanchez is the better defender. If the Sox say go with Sanchez next year and he can't hit worth a lick then you have Micah to back him up. Sox can't afford to keep thinning the middle infield anymore .

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
I really don't think either should be moved honestly. If the Sox don't upgrade that position then you need a fall back plan. Micah has the chance for better offense and Sanchez is the better defender. If the Sox say go with Sanchez next year and he can't hit worth a lick then you have Micah to back him up. Sox can't afford to keep thinning the middle infield anymore .

In my theory, Lawrie would replace whoever is traded.

But I get your point.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)

outside the pitching in the sox org, that is the only position that may have something of a serviceable player who may entice another team and maybe as in a pkg.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
In my theory, Lawrie would replace whoever is traded.

But I get your point.

In theory lawrie would be your 3rd baseman. That would leave saladino and leury Garcia as your ss and backup with Sanchez and johnson as your 2nd baseman without any other players added. Not really much depth to be playing with trading. Saladino and Sanchez are your better defenders and Johnson is better chance offensively. Probably only chance any of those guys are part of package is if they bring in someone better for one of those positions tho they also could be used on bench.

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 30, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
In theory lawrie would be your 3rd baseman. That would leave saladino and leury Garcia as your ss and backup with Sanchez and johnson as your 2nd baseman without any other players added. Not really much depth to be playing with trading. Saladino and Sanchez are your better defenders and Johnson is better chance offensively. Probably only chance any of those guys are part of package is if they bring in someone better for one of those positions tho they also could be used on bench.

Lawrie plays 2B as well so if we were to acquire him our never ending search for a good 3B shouldn't/wouldn't end