STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
OK no more prequel talk. This was a good thread and now the inmates are running the asylum. I know I contributed, but let's get back to the movie most people enjoyed as opposed to b****ing about 10+ year-old movies.

Right.

So, back to Snoke being Jar Jar Binks

Have we come to a consensus on Rey's parents yet? I know the big reason people say Luke can't be her father is that Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic relationships.

But was Luke ever told that? That "rule" never even came up until Episode 2, long before he was born. I suppose Yoda or Obi Wan could have told him but they never really made a point of bringing it up in the original trilogy.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
Have we come to a consensus on Rey's parents yet? I know the big reason people say Luke can't be her father is that Jedi aren't supposed to have romantic relationships.

But was Luke ever told that? That "rule" never even came up until Episode 2, long before he was born. I suppose Yoda or Obi Wan could have told him but they never really made a point of bringing it up in the original trilogy.

I still think she can't be Luke's daughter because it's too damn obvious. Just seems like a red herring to me.

I mean, why would luke care or even know about this rule? It isnt like he has a Jedi academy governing him, he could get his freak on across the universe and not have any guilt

1) I hope it's not a rehash of the "lost twins" storyline, because it's already been done with Luke and Leah.

2) Technically...Luke isn't a Jedi. He left Degobah prior to his training being complete against Yoda's command...so one could say he was never officially one of them.

Probably what would have happened in real life theory:

Luke the professor starts giving special attention to Rey the student in Jedi School. Ben Solo, obsessed with gaining approval, can't handle it and starts following the person that will hurt Luke most, his father. Ren revolts, luke, not wanting to have his claim to youth lost, wipes her memory and leaves her on a desert island, just like a man.

Part Eternal sunshine for the spotless mind, part scott evil.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Wrong.

It's an opinon!

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 13, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
3 was good until the NOOOOOOOO Vader moment. The laughably worst moment of the entire series.

Agreed, they could have made that scream a bit.... more emotional/less awkward.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)

Luke the professor starts giving special attention to Rey the student in Jedi School. Ben Solo, obsessed with gaining approval, can't handle it and starts following the person that will hurt Luke most, his father. Ren revolts, luke, not wanting to have his claim to youth lost, wipes her memory and leaves her on a desert island, just like a man.

Doesn't explain why Ren doesn't know who she is, or at least, he doesn't appear to know her whatsoever.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 14, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)

I like this theory and am really hoping it's true. I want the Skywalker monarchy to fade from the series.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:24 AM)
He knows that you know that she doesn't know.

He knows who/what?!

In the movie, it's pretty clear Ren has never met/seen Ray in his life...so if she was one of those Jedi that Ren tried to kill when they were younger, he'd surely recognize her, unless somehow, both of their minds were wiped...which is a stretch.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2015 -> 02:22 AM)
Solid B.

Easily better than any of the prequels, but I have my gripes.

- let's ditch the Death Star / Death Planet idea. Oh no! It's 10X the size!!!... And defeated easier than any Death Star before

- she needs no training to become an elite Jedi standing toe to toe with Kylo Ren

- Kylo Ren demasked was laughable. Nerd alert!

Ok got the obvious out of the way. It was still awesome. They did an amazing job of bringing the old films back with upgraded visuals. I both get and don't get the need to kill Han Solo. I could've watched another 20 hours of this and didn't want it to end. That's obviously good.

I almost feel like there was too much passing of the guard. Are we done with R2? I hope not.

I felt too much emotion most of the evening so I'll let it ruminate. The death planet's ease of defeat was a problem, though. Oh and the big bad CGI lording over Ren and his buddy was kinda lame. They honestly shouldn't have removed Ren's mask.

I will be interested to see why the opportunity for Ren to go to the Dark Side was even a thing. He had mom and dad. Maybe Han took away his PlayStation 22?

Just saw the movie last night and the bolded stood out to me immediately. I was actually impressed by the Death Star v3.0 (Death Planet?) was really impressive. The view from one of the Republic planets that got burninated by the death ray was one of the cooler moments of the movie for me.