STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

There was a lot of interesting stuff on the Chris Ryan/Andy Greenwald podcast today on star wars.

One, I learned that there really wasn't a script handed to JJ Abrams from Michael Arndt, he had general themes but that's it. So the entire script was written in the 3 months before they needed to shoot.

That explains a lot, and certainly explains why they went with safer landscapes like desert/forest/snow vs. the swamp scenes discussed earlier.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
So there are probably a ton of different books out there...which ones are considered to be the canon or whatever?

If you or anyone is still looking for a canon book, definitely go with with Lost Stars. I read it in a week. Very good. It's considered Young Adult but by everyone's account is way better than the adult book that's out, Aftermath. I'm not really sure what makes a book young adult vs adult. It had very grown up themes and was just as long.

Just saw it. (Finally!)

My fan theory:

Finn got taken from his family at a young age; his family (father) has got to be Lando Calrissian.

Lando blew up the second Death Star and was friends with Han and Leia (Kylo Ren/Ben's family).

The First Order kidnapped his only child as a payment of retribution.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 06:14 PM)
If you or anyone is still looking for a canon book, definitely go with with Lost Stars. I read it in a week. Very good. It's considered Young Adult but by everyone's account is way better than the adult book that's out, Aftermath. I'm not really sure what makes a book young adult vs adult. It had very grown up themes and was just as long.

Nice. Aftermath kinda stunk, so maybe this'll be good.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
Just saw it. (Finally!)

My fan theory:

Finn got taken from his family at a young age; his family (father) has got to be Lando Calrissian.

Lando blew up the second Death Star and was friends with Han and Leia (Kylo Ren/Ben's family).

Oh I see. He's black so he must be related to Lando.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:04 PM)
They are saying Snoke is Darth Vader based on similarities in their faces : http://moviepilot.com/posts/3721240

That would make Vader a complete idiot though right? Building another giant death star that was destroyed and all...

Except Luke personally set him on fire and watched him burn on the pyre.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
They are saying Snoke is Darth Vader based on similarities in their faces : http://moviepilot.com/posts/3721240

That would make Vader a complete idiot though right? Building another giant death star that was destroyed and all...

Some of those have fan theories have made sense, this one does not.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 06:04 PM)

Snoke doesn't even look like a human.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 07:46 AM)
My fan theory:

There might be something to that just based on the scene with Maz Kanata saying "You see the same eyes" or something like that. Han Solo said "Very good" as if he noticed it, too, but I also thought that might have been that they both noticed he was a stormtrooper. There might be something to Finn's background though. Nothing to hint at Lando though.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:13 PM)
There might be something to that just based on the scene with Maz Kanata saying "You see the same eyes" or something like that. Han Solo said "Very good" as if he noticed it, too, but I also thought that might have been that they both noticed he was a stormtrooper. There might be something to Finn's background though. Nothing to hint at Lando though.

Plus everything hints to a force connection which Lando did not have, unless it is through his mother.

Ugh, why is the force hereditary, that's stupid.

I have to say, i think it's unlikely that any of this is known. Remember that this is now passing writers from abrams to the other dude. There may have been stuff abrams introduced which the next guy may not run with.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)

I have to say, i think it's unlikely that any of this is known. Remember that this is now passing writers from abrams to the other dude. There may have been stuff abrams introduced which the next guy may not run with.

It's not always through the stories of the books, however the movies seem to like that plot.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 01:29 PM)

I don't think it is necessarily. Sort of like good genes help, but it doesn't have to be passed down through family lineage. I feel like there have been a lot of references in the cartoons where there is a child that is strong with the force, but the parents weren't.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Jan 8, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)

Except Vader turned good again at the end of Return of the Jedi...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 9, 2016 -> 01:01 PM)
Except Vader turned good again at the end of Return of the Jedi...

So? He turned bad in Episode 3. I don't think he is Snoke, but the fact that he turned from bad to good again doesn't mean it couldn't be him.