STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 19, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Nice. Just picked it up. Lost Stars was awesome.

I just finished it last night, great book, really dove into the politics of the New Republic and how it crippled itself and allowed the First Order to come about.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 31, 2016 -> 09:41 PM)
Since Rouge One is undergoing reshoots and the role of young Han Solo has been filled, I would be shocked if Alden Ehrenreich is not in the movie.

That would be a strange and forced addition to the movie. He was never implicated to be involved with the Resistance/Rebellion prior to when he met Luke(outside of the now non canon expanded universe)

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2016 -> 09:45 PM)
That would be a strange and forced addition to the movie. He was never implicated to be involved with the Resistance/Rebellion prior to when he met Luke

It wouldn't be strange.

I don't know if this is still canon or not but he was a notorious drug dealer who ran drugs across the galaxy, it not ridiculous to think that he would cross paths with the Empire or the Rebel Alliance. Remember his line in A New Hope when Obi Wan ask him how fast the Millennium Falcon is, "I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships now."

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 31, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
It is forced, there is no need for it.

We don't know if it is, maybe the plan was to always have him in the movie. So I would wait till you see the movie before you call it forced.

Edited by Joshua Strong

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 31, 2016 -> 10:01 PM)
We don't know if it is, maybe the plan was to always have him in the movie. So I would wait till you see the movie before you call it forced.

Maybe you are making s*** up

Who knows!!?

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ May 31, 2016 -> 10:43 PM)
How are you going to say it's forced when you haven't seen the movie?

They could be doing reshoots for a number of reasons.

Reshoots 6 months before a movie comes out and adding a core character out of nowhere sounds like an ass saving maneuver. Apparently the movie has tested not too good and Disney is not happy with Gareth Edwards, and they are trying to fix whatever they see as wrong with the reshoots.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details-have-b...ne-r-1779744810

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 07:44 AM)
Reshoots 6 months before a movie comes out and adding a core character out of nowhere sounds like an ass saving maneuver. Apparently the movie has tested not too good and Disney is not happy with Gareth Edwards, and they are trying to fix whatever they see as wrong with the reshoots.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/more-details-have-b...ne-r-1779744810

"Tonally off" is the only pertinent quote from that article. I'd guess it's a little too dark.

We don't have any info about the Solo role in the movie. You're jumping to conclusions based on speculation. It's hard to take that seriously.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
"Tonally off" is the only pertinent quote from that article. I'd guess it's a little too dark.

We don't have any info about the Solo role in the movie. You're jumping to conclusions based on speculation. It's hard to take that seriously.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions, all I'm saying is I think shoehorning Solo into this movie during reshoots is stupid. The end

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
I actually thought Solo was always in the movie, but anyway, this sucks. Anytime you hear there are reshoots to make a movie less dark you know it's going to be a bomb.

BvS?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
Fantastic Four. I mean it's pretty universal. reshoots are never good. Great Gatsby.

Reshoots happen in any movie with a budget to back it. Mad Max Fury Road had some of the most extensive reshoots in history. That turned out okay. There isn't much correlation between reshoots and quality of the film.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 02:02 PM)
I'm not jumping to any conclusions, all I'm saying is I think shoehorning Solo into this movie during reshoots is stupid. The end

You're not jumping to conclusions, but have concluded they're doing reshoots to include a character? :lol:

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)
You're not jumping to conclusions, but have concluded they're doing reshoots to include a character? :lol:

I didn't say that, Joshua Strong said that. I just responded to it

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)
Reshoots happen in any movie with a budget to back it. Mad Max Fury Road had some of the most extensive reshoots in history. That turned out okay. There isn't much correlation between reshoots and quality of the film.

When the reshoots are announced with the tag a long story, changing the tone of a movie, that is when I get concerned. You have to wonder what they don't like about the current movie

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 03:15 PM)

Reshoots aren't a big deal. Reshoots to change the direction of a movie are a big deal.

• 2 months later...