SSS: Early Look at 2016 Draft with Nick Hostetler

Y2Jimmy0

I like that question about a Draft Lottery. I'm all for it, with built in rules that would prevent teams from getting a 1/1 in consecutive years, or even a top 3 in consecutive years.

Also I would like it so meaningless games the final weekend wouldn't impact draft order...especially when protected picks are on the line.

Good read and insight by Hostetler. Unless something changes it does not sound like the Sox are likely to sign free agents with comp picks attached which I'm fine with. I'm looking forward to 3 picks in the first 2 rounds in a what's supposed to be a deeper draft than '15.

I pay pretty close attention to the draft in the last few months leading up to it but never noticed the money disparity between the picks in the top ten.

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
Good read and insight by Hostetler. Unless something changes it does not sound like the Sox are likely to sign free agents with comp picks attached which I'm fine with. I'm looking forward to 3 picks in the first 2 rounds in a what's supposed to be a deeper draft than '15.

I pay pretty close attention to the draft in the last few months leading up to it but never noticed the money disparity between the picks in the top ten.

man i missed this post,

nice read and i can't wait for your updates on the draft. i actually might learned something.

and i am serious, i really hope the sox do not sign anyone with a comp pick and i really do not want the sox to trade Adams.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
man i missed this post,

nice read and i can't wait for your updates on the draft. i actually might learned something.

and i am serious, i really hope the sox do not sign anyone with a comp pick and i really do not want the sox to trade Adams.

I just try to follow the college and HS seasons as best I can go get more familiar with names and potential picks. Joshua is the one I would look for updates from. Dude really digs deep on draft prospects.

I'm looking forward to mid February when the season gets started. I miss Baseball already!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 03:11 AM)
I just try to follow the college and HS seasons as best I can go get more familiar with names and potential picks. Joshua is the one I would look for updates from. Dude really digs deep on draft prospects.

I'm looking forward to mid February when the season gets started. I miss Baseball already!

ido too. i am getting withdraws .... i started to think of looking up some sCrubs fan site to get more updates..... then i woke up... what a freaking nightmare that was. :lol:

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
ido too. i am getting withdraws .... i started to think of looking up some sCrubs fan site to get more updates..... then i woke up... what a freaking nightmare that was. :lol:

Here's something for you to nibble on. Take it with a grain of salt since the projected Sox pick is based on need and not BPA. I found it amusing.

http://www.draftutopia.com/2016mlbmockdraft.html

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Here's something for you to nibble on. Take it with a grain of salt since the projected Sox pick is based on need and not BPA. I found it amusing.

there was a great and valid discussion on why collins, if avail will be a great pick. i still maintain that reasoning. there is no viable help in catching in our system that can step in, in a yr or 2.

but this past couple of days and the crazy payment for a #3/4 sp, i may think about another pitcher in the first round. damn if the sox have to sign a fa with a QO. there are some hidden gems i found yesterday and the day before.

btw.... i would always enjoy talking drafts and prospects when there is news.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)

That article was... why did I read that? That was awful. I'm pretty sure that writer knows nothing about how the draft works.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)
That article was... why did I read that? That was awful. I'm pretty sure that writer knows nothing about how the draft works.

Oh man, that article has it all! Atrocious writing, comical grammar, a complete lack of insightful commentary plus laughable projections. It reads like a string of semi-coherent Yogi Berra-isms. Some of my favorites:

Chicago needs a catcher and Collins is right there with Okey as a College Bat that could be in the mix with Chris Okey and Nick Banks to be the top College bat selected in June's 2016 MLB Draft. (sic, all of it)

Polak can play catcher, first base, second base, shortstop, or infield.

Drake Fellows should have gone 10 picks earlier. I didn't know where to put him in this mock so he fell 10 picks.

Pint also displays an 82 mile per hour knuckle curveball and an 85 mile per hour changeup that is 30 miles faster than the 55 mile per hour fastball by Alec Hansen.

Robert Tyler's 2016 draft stock will be defined by Tyler's progress in 2016 next Spring. Right now Robert Tyler is a top 5 pick in our secon 2016 MLB Mock Draft after being a top 5 pick in our first round pick in our previous mock.

Garrett had Tommy John's Surgery...

QUOTE (Dizzy Sox @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 01:50 AM)
Oh man, that article has it all! Atrocious writing, comical grammar, a complete lack of insightful commentary plus laughable projections. It reads like a string of semi-coherent Yogi Berra-isms. Some of my favorites:

Chicago needs a catcher and Collins is right there with Okey as a College Bat that could be in the mix with Chris Okey and Nick Banks to be the top College bat selected in June's 2016 MLB Draft. (sic, all of it)

Polak can play catcher, first base, second base, shortstop, or infield.

Drake Fellows should have gone 10 picks earlier. I didn't know where to put him in this mock so he fell 10 picks.

Pint also displays an 82 mile per hour knuckle curveball and an 85 mile per hour changeup that is 30 miles faster than the 55 mile per hour fastball by Alec Hansen.

Robert Tyler's 2016 draft stock will be defined by Tyler's progress in 2016 next Spring. Right now Robert Tyler is a top 5 pick in our secon 2016 MLB Mock Draft after being a top 5 pick in our first round pick in our previous mock.

Garrett had Tommy John's Surgery...

what is your opinion on Bobby Dalbec, 3B, Arizona and Mike Shawaryn, P, Maryland , i know it is early, i was wondering.

but yeah, Garrett is a pitcher i was keeping on the back burner to keep an eye on to see how he does as well as Shawaryn who i believe had a forearm surgery of some sorts.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 07:09 PM)
what is your opinion on Bobby Dalbec, 3B, Arizona and Mike Shawaryn, P, Maryland , i know it is early, i was wondering.

but yeah, Garrett is a pitcher i was keeping on the back burner to keep an eye on to see how he does as well as Shawaryn who i believe had a forearm surgery of some sorts.

I'll like Dalbec a lot more if he improves his contact rate with a full year of focusing only on playing 3rd...hopefully his days on the mound are over so he can concentrate on his hitting.

I like Shawaryn, though I'm not sure I'd take him at 10 and I can't imagine he'll be around in the 30s or whenever our next pick will be.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:58 PM)

Sorry, I'll put my dunce cap on and go stand in the corner for a time out. :P

Agreed, it is horrible and that's why I found it amusing. I'm not sure the writer knows anything about baseball.

In an effort to redeem myself, remove my dunce cap and get out of the corner, I present to you the latest I could dig up which is from December 9th. :D

I know its juuuuuuust a bit early and to be taken with a grain of salt but I'm trying to get to know some names so I can follow them when the season starts in February.

http://www.mymlbdraft.com/MLB-Mock-Draft