Dodgers trade for Aroldis Chapman

DirtySox

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
The trade is now on hold

Sure, derail the thread back on topic why don't ya.

Seriously. I'm curious what the Dodgers do now. Do they wait and see with Chapman or move on and trade for another arm? I'm thinking moving on would be the smart move.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
Sure, derail the thread back on topic why don't ya.

Seriously. I'm curious what the Dodgers do now. Do they wait and see with Chapman or move on and trade for another arm? I'm thinking moving on would be the smart move.

I don't like this trade for the simple fact that you're going to have to do something again next year. I think they're better off sacking up and making a trade for Q, Sale or Fernandez. Trade Pederson and/or Puig and/or Urias if that's what you need to do. There's still OF talent out there for you too in Heyward, Cespedes, Upton, and Gordon.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
I don't like this trade for the simple fact that you're going to have to do something again next year. I think they're better off sacking up and making a trade for Q, Sale or Fernandez. Trade Pederson and/or Puig and/or Urias if that's what you need to do. There's still OF talent out there for you too in Heyward, Cespedes, Upton, and Gordon.

Yeah - I didn't get this deal from the Dodgers perspective that much. Than again, I've shook my head at a lot of what Friedman & Company did. Ned Coletti and Logan White don't get enough credit for how they truly built the Dodgers (including a hell of a farm system).

Chapman & Puig pose two significant tests of MLB's domestic violence policy. I would think Chapman is going to get hit with a heavy suspension (presuming their is substance to these claims). What sort of flexibility do they have to issue this thing? Firing bullets...attempted murder, etc? He might be out of baseball (and if he really did this stuff...fine by me).