Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 15m15 minutes ago

Official on Reds' efforts to move Todd Frazier: "I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded." At this point, not enough traction in CLE talks.

To me, it seems like the Indians could put together a much stronger package with Salazar leading the way.

Edited by fathom

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:20 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 15m15 minutes ago

Official on Reds' efforts to move Todd Frazier: "I wouldn't be surprised if he got traded." At this point, not enough traction in CLE talks.

To me, it seems like the Indians could put together a much stronger package with Salazar leading the way.

Let them be the ones to overpay.

Two years of Todd Frazier (and not awful pricing for those two years, either) is totally worth Tim Anderson. We can't be delusional about our prospects. Tim Anderson is Top 50 but in so many other farm systems he would not be the #1. Defense and Ks have not been solved. It's a very fair price for a legit all-star 3b who is not old.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
Two years of Todd Frazier (and not awful pricing for those two years, either) is totally worth Tim Anderson. We can't be delusional about our prospects. Tim Anderson is Top 50 but in so many other farm systems he would not be the #1. Defense and Ks have not been solved. It's a very fair price for a legit all-star 3b who is not old.

Not when we have as many holes as we do. If Frazier was one of the final pieces to put us over the top, then yeah sure trade Anderson for him. But he's not.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 04:35 PM)
Not when we have as many holes as we do. If Frazier was one of the final pieces to put us over the top, then yeah sure trade Anderson for him. But he's not.

You're right, but if you can get Frazier and Phillips, and then sign Upton or Cespedes, this team will look like a contender....

L - Eaton

R - Phillips

R - Abreu

S - Melky

R - Upton/Cespedes

R - Frazier

L - LaRoche

L/R - Navila

R - Saladino

I mean, that's a pretty formidable line-up. Then when you consider how good our rotation is, I think we are immediately a 86-88 win team.

The only problem I see there is that would add about $45M in payroll ($23-$25M for Upton, $13M for Phillips, $7.5M for Frazier) for 2016. However, Danks and LaRoche come off the books for 2017, so that's $27M off the books. I think it's doable.

Edited by Chilihead90

White Sox have been linked to Asdrubal Cabrera and checked in on Todd Frazier, so we can assume they are in the mix as well. Could be more

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/674733822055989249

Hearing White Sox are in on Reds 3B Todd Frazier. Reds are asking for more than White Sox are willing to give up. Price has to come down.

https://twitter.com/ChuckGarfien/status/674734473674641408

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Anderson isn't a can't miss guy. People still question his defense and his ability to make contact. Not worth denying all-star worthy talent to keep.

If you trade Anderson to get Frazier. Sox MUST SIGN Upton.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
If you trade Anderson to get Frazier. Sox MUST SIGN Upton.

Totally agree - or Cespedes or trade for CarGo. Frazier by himself does not do enough to warrant losing top prospects. Frazier and Upton - assuming we don't lose any of our starting pitchers - would allow us to compete.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
A lineup with Frazier & Upton & a trade of LaRoche while eating some money

LF Eaton (L)

DH Cabrera (S)

1B Abreu

RF Upton

3B Frazier

C Navarro/Avila (S) (L)

CF Thompson

2B Sanchez

SS Saladino

If we only knew that Laroche would bounce back - to at least 20+ HR's - he would make that lineup more balanced with the addition of a LH power bat. Probably just more wishful thinking, though ...

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
Last day of the meetings is tomorrow, correct? If so, is there usually any action on the last day?

Not really. Most GMs leave after Rule 5 draft but something can still go down late tonight. Night is still young and anything is possible with GMs staying under the same roof.