Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kevo880 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:04 PM)
Rosenthal's latest blurb:

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/price-h...osenthal-121515

"WHY WHITE SOX MIGHT BALK AT FRAZIER

Frazier certainly is a fit at third base and in the middle of the lineup for the White Sox; newly acquired Brett Lawrie could move to second, giving the Sox upgrades at two positions.

The problem is, the Reds want significant prospects for two years of Frazier, and the White Sox's system remains relatively thin. Better the team should explore the open market -- if it can find the right solution.

A free agent such as second baseman Howie Kendrick would cost the Sox a second-round draft pick; their first-round pick, No. 10 overall, is protected. But Kendrick also has turned down $15.8 million from the Dodgers, and at 32 soon could enter his decline phase.

Third baseman David Freese might make more sense -- he probably would be more affordable than Kendrick and the Angels did not make him a qualifying offer, removing the additional cost of a pick."

The White Sox would not forfeit their 2nd rounder. It'd be the Samardzija pick that they forfeit which is currently #29 and climbing.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
If the Sox sign Freese, I will not attend a game. He is not what this team needs. Especially spending 10 million a year on him through his 33-35 aged years when you know he'll miss at least 20-25 games each year.

lmao, take a stand. FREESE WILL MAKE ME NOT GO TO GAMES

QUOTE (Dunt @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:52 PM)
I really don't see Freese as a match for them at this point. Might as well just role with Lawrie for half the price and keep Sanchez at 2B. Atleast the defense will be solid.

that is an option, one way or another, if it is not now, it has to be done next yr, the sox will need to address that 3b postion.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale 17s17 seconds ago

The Cincinnati #Reds drawing extensive interest from AL Central teams who want Todd Frazier:#Indians, #Whitesox, #Royals.Also #Dodgers in NL

I'd love to see Hahn drive the price up on Frazier for the Royals and Indians and then walk away with Jay Bruce.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
I'd love to see Hahn drive the price up on Frazier for the Royals and Indians and then walk away with Jay Bruce.

I'd be as well served by a replacement level player than Jay Bruce.

We are so bad that of course he could pass as our DH, but that would have to be a pure scrap heap zero-given-up acquisition.

Edited by Jose Paniagua

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:07 PM)
I want nothing to do with Jay Bruce. Absolutely nothing.

He's not good.

Season Home / Away BB% K% BB/K AVG OBP SLG OPS ISO BABIP wRC wRAA wOBA wRC+

2015 Away 9.30% 22.90% 0.41 0.217 0.292 0.421 0.714 0.204 0.246 35 -2.8 0.303 89

2015 Away 5.80% 22.60% 0.26 0.233 0.285 0.448 0.733 0.215 0.257 39 -0.2 0.312 96

The difference between the two on the road last season (since if they are traded they won't be playing in Great America anymore. I don't see enough of a difference to justify giving up top tier prospects when the other is younger and can be had for a more reasonable package of prospects.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:19 PM)
If the Sox sign Freese, I will not attend a game. He is not what this team needs. Especially spending 10 million a year on him through his 33-35 aged years when you know he'll miss at least 20-25 games each year.

I won't go that far but Freese is a worst case scenario for me. I'd much prefer a Lawrie-Saladino-Sanchez infield that a Freese-Saladino/Sanchez-Lawrie infield. That is $10M in AAV that needs to be spent on a better player.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:07 PM)
I'm thinking the Freese scenario is most likely. Sign Freese and Cespedes, keep draft picks and prospects.

Freese had a good World Series for the Cards. He hasn't lived up to expectations since.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
I'd be as well served by a replacement level player than Jay Bruce.

We are so bad that of course he could pass as our DH, but that would have to be a pure scrap heap zero-given-up acquisition.

That's likely all it would end up being.

Bruce's 2015 isn't all that different from what we can reasonably expect from LaRoche next year. I'd rather have Bruce because of his age and option year, but we can't have both, and since clearing LaRoche means sending money with him...

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)
Sports Mockery suggested we trade Quintana, Avi, and Sanchez for Frazier lolol. I chewed them up.

Good for you! That's hilarious because Frazier isn't worth Q in a 1-1 trade.

I think Dusek is an example of what GreenSox talks about when he says "hero love/worship". I know the term is used alot but in this case it clearly fits.

Not trying to take anything away from Frazier but that package is just preposterous. :lol:

Edited by BlackSox13