Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
Yes, if he would have continued with the numbers he put up in May he would have been a MVP candidate. His track record shows consistent decline in the second half of the season for him with a .273/.341/.506 hitter in the first half and a .239/.298/.417 hitter in the second half over his career. He also has a significant shift away from Great America with a line of .270/.333/.507 with a .231 ISO at home against .244/.309/.426 with .182 ISO on the road.

He has good qualities but is not going to be the savior of this team and therefore I don't think he is worth trading for. If the Sox were a guy away and needed to solidify 3B defensively and add a little pop this may make sense, but given the state of things, the Sox are better off diverting resources elsewhere.

i really doubt any one player / prospect will be a savior of this team. the only one i see is the owners and they need to throw the money in a wise way into fixing this team and / or tell the FO to make trades that will improve both the team and the system.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)
Dan Hayes seems to think the White Sox won't be signing a big bat free agent, and most likely won't be trading for Frazier. Of course they could be playing with him.

Well Hahn said they want to add a big bat. If not either of them, then CarGo fits I guess.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
Dan Hayes seems to think the White Sox won't be signing a big bat free agent, and most likely won't be trading for Frazier. Of course they could be playing with him.

To be honest, doing that and just hoping for our vets to improve is better than trading top prospects for Frazier (and I don't like the stand pat plan either). IF we are going to make a run at this, we need to go all in and add Frazier plus an Upton. If you sign Upton, fine, that can be part of a longer term plan, but wasting pieces on Frazier without having an aggressive and legit plan to contend for both of his seasons under team control is just absurd in my eyes...absurd.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
To be honest, doing that and just hoping for profession is better than trading top prospects for Frazier. IF we are going to make a run at this, we need to go all in and add Frazier plus an Upton. If you sign Upton, fine, that can be part of a longer term plan, but wasting pieces on Frazier without having an aggressive and legit plan to contend for both of his seasons under team control is just absurd in my eyes...absurd.

I agree. Swallow hard JR, and be prepared to take a bath if it doesn't work. If he isn't willing, then see what you can get for your players. Half assed doesn't work .

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 02:56 PM)

We have seen so far this off season that the costs of both FA players and prospects in trades have escalated quite a bit. I think Hayes might be right on this.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
I agree. Swallow hard JR, and be prepared to take a bath if it doesn't work. If he isn't willing, then see what you can get for your players. Half assed doesn't work .

Somehow it seems half assed / in between is the direction we are headed. To me, start to rebuild with an eye longer term or go at this thing. One or the other. I'm not saying you need to make your mind up immediately, but then need to be very careful that they don't over commit one way and than it is too late to head the other direction (because the market has tried up).

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
We have seen so far this off season that the costs of both FA players and prospects in trades have escalated quite a bit. I think Hayes might be right on this.

If you can't add, as much as it pains me, then you must take advantage of said prices and subtract. They had a plan which supposedly included Samardzija. What were they going to pay him with if they have no money? It isn't like they are $20 million short of their projected revenues. If they are, they are crazy. They have never operated that way. Their projections have always been beyond conservative leaving them profits on a yearly basis except one, but Forbes said the $3 million loss they took in 2013 included the $10 million bonus that was paid to Abreu after that season ended.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
Somehow it seems half assed / in between is the direction we are headed. To me, start to rebuild with an eye longer term or go at this thing. One or the other. I'm not saying you need to make your mind up immediately, but then need to be very careful that they don't over commit one way and than it is too late to head the other direction (because the market has tried up).

i think they the sox will need to not to make up their mind quickly but they have to decide and put all effort and resources to fully complete that decision.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:04 PM)
To be honest, doing that and just hoping for our vets to improve is better than trading top prospects for Frazier (and I don't like the stand pat plan either). IF we are going to make a run at this, we need to go all in and add Frazier plus an Upton. If you sign Upton, fine, that can be part of a longer term plan, but wasting pieces on Frazier without having an aggressive and legit plan to contend for both of his seasons under team control is just absurd in my eyes...absurd.

Completely agree. If they trade for Frazier. That's not enough, JR needs to go out and pay for a premier bat like Upton because he can still fit the long term plan.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
If you can't add, as much as it pains me, then you must take advantage of said prices and subtract. They had a plan which supposedly included Samardzija. What were they going to pay him with if they have no money? It isn't like they are $20 million short of their projected revenues. If they are, they are crazy. They have never operated that way. Their projections have always been beyond conservative leaving them profits on a yearly basis except one, but Forbes said the $3 million loss they took in 2013 included the $10 million bonus that was paid to Abreu after that season ended.

and that is what i have been waiting for.

that yr, when it was a lost. they added Jose A salary to that yr, that calendar yr the salary. why??? they could have added it the the new yr coming in. they wanted a lost.... only their acct will know why.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)

When they offered Samardjiza an extension they hadn't planned on sucking in 2015, and losing a chunk of the fan base after the season. Things change. Just because the money was there then, doesn't mean it is there now. That was a year ago.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
When they offered Samardjiza an extension they hadn't planned on sucking in 2015, and losing a chunk of the fan base after the season. Things change. Just because the money was there then, doesn't mean it is there now. That was a year ago.

How much has the season ticket base decreased? Even if it is a decent percentage numbers wise, dollars wise it won't be that much. The most expensive seats are still all sold. Call the team and ask what is the best available. The $7 a game weekend people bail. There is no way it has decreased enough where they had the money to sign him then and now, the payroll needs to be lower. Besides, adding these players brings many of the people who bailed back.

And if they thought anything short of the playoffs was going to still be a big spike in attendance, they obviously forgot about 2012.

One positive is usually when the White Sox start crying poor, they are about to spend some money.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
if JR is really as loyal,as most say, I don't know why he would leave Robin with an in between roster and throw him to the wolves. He is obviously the next fall guy, so get him the horses or back off and make it clear the team is in transition.

Great post and I agree 100%

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 03:14 PM)

I think a big part of the FO confusion on what to do is they didn't foresee FA/Trade costs skyrocketing like this. I'm sure the Sox had plans to add a FA bat but when the costs jumped, they fudged their Huggies and are unsure of what to do now. KW and Hahn are in a tough spot because they likely know that trading some of their limited talent for more cost controlled youth would be the smarter move but they work for an owner that will be 80 in February and wants another winner. I wouldn't want KW's or Hahn's job right now. Tough spot the Sox are in and imo, it comes back to their spending last off season was a year too soon but that's all in hindsight now.

If what's transpired in free agency and via trades so far has caught anyone by surprise in Front Offices across the league then they need to be let go. None of what's happened so far has been surprising. None of the free agent costs have been way over what everyone has been speculating for months now. Same with trades.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)

Agree. Quit f***ing around and half assing this. If you won't spend a lot of money and get some offense then move Sale, Q and Abreu.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
If what's transpired in free agency and via trades so far has caught anyone by surprise in Front Offices across the league then they need to be let go. None of what's happened so far has been surprising. None of the free agent costs have been way over what everyone has been speculating for months now. Same with trades.

but in one aspect, the trade, it should be of better benefit to the sox if they do decide to trade someone of value.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Agree. Quit f***ing around and half assing this. If you won't spend a lot of money and get some offense then move Sale, Q and Abreu.

someone once said this to me, "if the sox moves or lack of bothers you, leave and cheer for the other team in chi" now i redid that last part.

this is why i always mention that chg teams is not a factor.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Phil Rogers on MLBN said he's very much in play. Also said the Reds asked for Rodon. Lol good luck with that Cincy

So they asked for Rodon and are at Anderson....that's progress atleast.