Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 04:25 PM)
if JR is really as loyal,as most say, I don't know why he would leave Robin with an in between roster and throw him to the wolves. He is obviously the next fall guy, so get him the horses or back off and make it clear the team is in transition.

A well paid fall guy, like a lot of managers. Part of the job.

If the Sox can sign Upton, why not then focus their attention on finding a good fielding SS, who could bat in the 2 hole, and not cost a draft pick or anyone

significant on the roster? I'd prefer that addition to trading for Frazier. Any candidates?

I think the lineup would be fine with those additions:

Eaton CF

???? SS (Profile: good bunter, hit and run threat, and decent OBP. Average and power not important)

Abreu 1B

Upton RF

Melky LF

Lawrie 3B

La Roche DH

Avila/Navarro C

Sanchez 2B

Avi and Thompson battle for the reserve OF spot.

That team should be able to score some runs, and provide decent defense.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:01 PM)
If the Sox can sign Upton, why not then focus their attention on finding a good fielding SS, who could bat in the 2 hole, and not cost a draft pick or anyone

significant on the roster? I'd prefer that addition to trading for Frazier. Any candidates?

Eaton CF

???? SS (Profile: good bunter, hit and run threat, and decent OBP. Average and power not important)

Abreu 1B

Upton RF

Melky LF

Lawrie 3B

La Roche DH

Avila/Navarro C

Sanchez 2B

Jurickson Profar is my dream SS acquisition.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:01 AM)

Eaton CF

Abreu 1B

Upton RF

Melky LF

Lawrie 3B

La Roche DH

Avila/Navarro C

Sanchez 2B

i hope you don't take this the wrong way, but whichever ss you trade, sign, the sox have anderson coming up maybe in 2017. so what to do with said ss that your traded or signed??

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)

Eaton CF

Abreu 1B

Upton RF

Melky LF

Lawrie 3B

La Roche DH

Avila/Navarro C

Sanchez 2B

Doesn't Saladino basically fit your description?

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
not bad, mine is dee gordon.

Texas has Andrus anyway, so I'd bet that a couple pitching prospects and a guy like Saladino would be able to get Profar.

I'd love to see Hahn go after him, but it probably won't happen. He's still super young and had a nice showing in the AFL a few weeks ago.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:08 AM)
Texas has Andrus anyway, so I'd bet that a couple pitching prospects and a guy like Saladino would be able to get Profar.

I'd love to see Hahn go after him, but it probably won't happen. He's still super young and had a nice showing in the AFL a few weeks ago.

yeah, we as fans have no inside info at the present time, it is driving me crazy.

Are there any veteran short stops who fit my profile? Ideally, he would be a guy whom the Sox could acquire for a couple of years, until and if Anderson is ready to take over. An outstanding young prospect would likely cost too much in talent going back to the trading partner, and the Sox should not be looking for a long term solution at SS, with Anderson in the wings.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)
Are there any veteran short stops who fit my profile? Ideally, he would be a guy whom the Sox could acquire for a couple of years, until and if Anderson is ready to take over. An outstanding young prospect would likely cost too much in talent going back to the trading partner, and the Sox should not be looking for a long term solution at SS, with Anderson in the wings.

As someone already mentioned, why doesn't Saladino fit what you're looking for?

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Jurickson Profar is my dream SS acquisition.

Is Profar finally healthy? I know a few years ago he was a highly regarded prospect. He hasn't played in the bigs since 2013 and wonder about his health.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)

Saladino now. Maybe Alexei in a month or so.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 07:27 PM)
As someone already mentioned, why doesn't Saladino fit what you're looking for?

If the Sox don't acquire a SS, I'd be more comfortable trying Sanchez in the 2 hole, than Saladino. I like Tyler, but I don't think that he profiles well at that spot in the lineup. That is where Sanchez has regularly hit, and where he has had his best success.

However, he would have to improve significantly, over his Big League performance. last year.

Edited by Lillian