Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:17 AM)
Or their manager. What is his WAR??? Or WAR is just another statistic that is nice to look at but really doesn't translate to wins and losses.

WAR actually correlates pretty well with wins (Fangraphs found the correlation to be upper mid-80s or so). While I doubt the Royals finish last in the AL, I do think the Indians are the bigger threat in 2016. I think Cleveland underachieved this year, and the Royals are losing two key bullpen pieces, their rotation still blows, and they might have just gotten career years out of Hosmer, Moustakas and Cain. I also highly doubt Morales is as good in 2016 as he was this year. Losing Gordon would also be a big blow. Yeah, they won the World Series, but only 1 World Series winner since 2010 has made the playoffs the following year, I don't know why so many are so quick to just hand them the division next year.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Caulfield, why is everyone of your posts in a "Todd Frazier" thread about the Royals!?!

Why is the collective WAR stat projection thrown into the Todd Frazier thread?

It shouldn't be part of this discussion...or it should be in every thread since on the surface it's compelling evidence for why the White Sox shouldn't and can't afford to sit back on their heels the next two seasons waiting for...I'm not sure what exactly. More favorable economic conditions?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Why is the collective WAR stat projection thrown into the Todd Frazier thread?

It shouldn't be part of this discussion...or it should be in every thread since on the surface it's compelling evidence for why the White Sox shouldn't and can't afford to sit back on their heels the next two seasons waiting for...I'm not sure what exactly. More favorable economic conditions?

Maybe because it applied DIRECTLY to Todd Frazier

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
I just looked at Fangraphs' 2016 team projections and they have the Sox at 2nd in the division right now at 32.7 WAR, 5.2 WAR behind the Indians, and that's with a decent amount of regression from Abreu, Eaton, and Quintana. Picking up Upton and Frazier would put them at first in the ALC in projected WAR. However, it looks like once again the projection system undervalues the Royals, as they're dead last in the AL in projected WAR.

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Team

Stop talking about the Royals in every post.

Okay, since the AL Central is so wide open, why aren't we being linked to any of the big names recently?

And the Indians need a 3b a lot more than the White Sox since we just traded for one...we have our most depth at the position Lawrie would be moved to (2b) and the Indians unless they move Kipnis to 3b have nothing but bad and terrible options at that position.

They also have something we don't....Salazar, a young starting pitcher with great stuff they're apparently wiilling to trade, or Carrasco, or Bauer.

Nobody except for Greg advocated trading Rodon or Q for Frazier that I've seen.

Plus, those organizations are intimately familiar with each others' talent because of the regional proximity.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
Lol he just trolls with Royals posts out of jealousy.

Nobody would be jealous of the White Sox situation right now.

I really do wish some days it was possible to change your favorite team but it's pretty much a lifetime commitment, through good times and bad.

And the odds of the White Sox winning another World Series in my lifetime (while not great) are still infinitely higher than my alma mater the Univ of Iowa winning a national championship in fb or basketball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:58 AM)
Okay, since the AL Central is so wide open, why aren't we being linked to any of the big names recently?

We've been linked to both Frazier and Upton recently.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
Nobody would be jealous of the White Sox situation right now.

I really do wish some days it was possible to change your favorite team but it's pretty much a lifetime commitment, through good times and bad.

And the odds of the White Sox winning another World Series in my lifetime (while not great) are still infinitely higher than my alma mater the Univ of Iowa winning a national championship in fb or basketball.

He's not saying the White Sox are in an envious position right now. There's also no rule that says you can't change to another team if being a White Sox fan is making you so miserable.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:30 PM)
I actually think the entire AL is wide open.

while i agree that the AL is open, but wide?? however there are fav's still going to rule the AL. but man, the NL is getting all the press, b/c they are doing to most to improve.

i believe if the sox makes some more smart moves, at least AL central may be a tight battle with the sox knocking on the door.

good post

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
We've been linked to both Frazier and Upton recently.

He's not saying the White Sox are in an envious position right now. There's also no rule that says you can't change to another team if being a White Sox fan is making you so miserable.

but that is part of being a life long, dedicated fans. to accept the good with the bad. i am not so incline to accept what the bosses of any org says or dictates, but we have the right to insist and maybe demand that our fav team does better.

how ever, will anything we say, will that change the owners POV. only when the purchasing of tickets will help that point go over better.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
If the Sox don't acquire a SS, I'd be more comfortable trying Sanchez in the 2 hole, than Saladino. I like Tyler, but I don't think that he profiles well at that spot in the lineup. That is where Sanchez has regularly hit, and where he has had his best success.

However, he would have to improve significantly, over his Big League performance. last year.

Putting our worst hitter in the 2 hole is such an unnecessary disadvantage. Why give that guy so many at bats? Why sandwich an automatic out between all of our run producers?

You were onto something with the OBP -- that's really the most important skill for a 1 or 2 guy.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
Caulfield, why is everyone of your posts in a "Todd Frazier" thread about the Royals!?!

Believe me, a couple of the guys he is thinking the Royals are signing go elsewhere, he is jumping off that bandwagon. I don't think it's coincidence he came back when he said he was gone until Ventura or KW left as soon as the Cubs got Heyward. That's his next stop.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 07:34 AM)
I just looked at Fangraphs' 2016 team projections and they have the Sox at 2nd in the division right now at 32.7 WAR, 5.2 WAR behind the Indians, and that's with a decent amount of regression from Abreu, Eaton, and Quintana. Picking up Upton and Frazier would put them at first in the ALC in projected WAR. However, it looks like once again the projection system undervalues the Royals, as they're dead last in the AL in projected WAR.

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Team

They also lost Cueto, Gordon, and Rios, who were probably projected for ~10 WAR as a group.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:27 AM)
Putting our worst hitter in the 2 hole is such an unnecessary disadvantage. Why give that guy so many at bats? Why sandwich an automatic out between all of our run producers?

You were onto something with the OBP -- that's really the most important skill for a 1 or 2 guy.

You're right. Sanchez batting in the 2 hole is really more wishful thinking, on my part. It is where he as had his best success in the Minors, and if he matures into a decent MLB hitter, that is probably the best place in the lineup for him to hit. However, as you point out, it's too early to project that future success.

Therefore, let's readdress the focus on finding that prototypical 2 hole hitter, who does not appear to be on the current Sox Roster.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:34 AM)
I feel like Eaton would be an awesome 2 hole hitter, but then the problem would be finding a good leadoff man.

Eaton is great leading off. His steals aren't great but he gets on base and was according to Bill James, the White Sox best baserunner in 2015. There is no reason to move him. I hope they try Melky back at the 2 spot. He supposedly was perfect for it until he couldn't buy a hit for a couple of months.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:37 AM)
Eaton is great leading off. His steals aren't great but he gets on base and was according to Bill James, the White Sox best baserunner in 2015. There is no reason to move him. I hope they try Melky back at the 2 spot. He supposedly was perfect for it until he couldn't buy a hit for a couple of months.

This is what I think. Of all the guys on our roster, Melky fits there best, he just simply has to have a better year.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
You're right. Sanchez batting in the 2 hole is really more wishful thinking, on my part. It is where he as had his best success in the Minors, and if he matures into a decent MLB hitter, that is probably the best place in the lineup for him to hit. However, as you point out, it's too early to project that future success.

Therefore, let's readdress the focus on finding that prototypical 2 hole hitter, who does not appear to be on the current Sox Roster.

Yeah, that's why I think I would have been cool with breaking the bank for Heyward. Aside from having two lefties at 1 and 2, I would have been very comfortable watching him in that slot for the next several years.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:40 PM)
This is what I think. Of all the guys on our roster, Melky fits there best, he just simply has to have a better year.

i agree. if someone on this team needs to do better, outside laroche, it must be melky.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)

Melky is the perfect 2 hitter. Especially if we can acquire guys like Upton and Frazier. Our 1-6/7 in the lineup would be really really good.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
Believe me, a couple of the guys he is thinking the Royals are signing go elsewhere, he is jumping off that bandwagon. I don't think it's coincidence he came back when he said he was gone until Ventura or KW left as soon as the Cubs got Heyward. That's his next stop.

The Cubs have enough attention on this board already.

Supporting them the next 4-5 seasons would be like supporting the Yankees, Red Sox, Packers, Patriots, Man U or Barcelona.

Who did I predict they would sign? 25-33% chance on Gordon...that's the likeliest, but at the salary and years he's asking you can understand why a small market team with the worst media contract in baseball won't risk hamstringing themselves with an exploding albatross of a contract.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
The Cubs have enough attention on this board already.

Supporting them the next 4-5 seasons would be like supporting the Yankees, Red Sox, Packers, Patriots, Man U or Barcelona.

Who did I predict they would sign? 25-33% chance on Gordon...that's the likeliest, but at the salary and years he's asking you can understand why a small market team with the worst media contract in baseball won't risk hamstringing themselves with an exploding albatross of a contract.

I will give you 4 to 1 odds on Gordon, which is the low end of your ridiculous made up percentages. Care to make it interesting?

You are all over the place, just last night you were telling us the Royals are in a far greater position financially to sign a guy to a big contract than the White Sox. Now it's a different story.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)

i am confuse in this. having melky bat #2. this of course is my looking at last season stats. are those the stats that the FO depend on???

over the course of his career, he is the perfect #2 with hitting the most hrs and having the highest avg. looking at his second best is batting #3, but his power diminish and while his avg is higher i think, his hr is not.

so based on this, i will take him at #2 and no where below #4.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 08:48 AM)
Melky is the perfect 2 hitter. Especially if we can acquire guys like Upton and Frazier. Our 1-6/7 in the lineup would be really really good.

Melky and his .710 Ops = 7 hole hitter

As for Frazier, if rents, low OBP and high K acquaint ion philosophy repeatedly fails, keep doing it until it work.